Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of getting hubby a nightgown, need a little bit of help.

Have you considered buying two (or more) sizes and taking back the one(s) that don't fit? Being near Xmas it's easy to return items, even after several weeks (in the UK anyway!).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]To be a Rock and not to Roll[/SIZE]

Why does it seem possible that she is very supportive of her hubbies dressing. Like mother always told me Johnny if you dont have anything nice to say then keep. quiet. Theres a lot of cds outhere that have supportive s/o's. and veey lucky that they love us for who we are.
    Renee

Wife it is a sweet thing you are doing for SO in such a wonderful gift, i wear one of my SO's baby dolls from her brideshower some 20 years ago, and sleeping in a silk is so nice. Thank you for being a true Wife, and loving her as is. happy holidays to you both hugs
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Like many I can't help on the sizing but may be better loose rather than tight. I just think it is such a loving thing to do. Have tou thought about a matching one for yourself. Have a good Christmas.
    I love the feeling of being dressed.
    I have a dream of true equality - including clothes and make up.
    Hugs Joanne.

The sweetest gifts are the ones with love! I found one for my friend long pink and white with puff sleeves similar to a very old one he admired.It is loose and says wears it often.

If he wears 1X in woman's shirts that have sleeves he will wear a 1x if the nightie had sleeves. If it has only straps he will wear an XL. I wear 1X in shirts and XL in sleeveless garments because the sholders are not taking up space.

Hi WIFE,

That's a very sweet thought for a gift that he will really appreciate. Others have given good advice on sizing (particularly the person who mentioned the difference between male and female torso sizes).

If you find it unsettling to see a silky gown matched up against your hubby's hairy legs, you could try a longer length that would hide the legs more (unless you want to keep his legs bare as a reminder to yourself that this he's your man, regardless of what he's wearing). There are also women's nightshirts that aren't that different in cut from a long men's shirt, but have a feminine color and fabric. Lots of things you can try.

Most importantly, when giving such a gift, be sure you're both on the same page as to whether this is something you're OK with him wearing every night, or just sometimes, and whether it's something he can wear for, um, intimate encounters, or if it's just for sleeping. One thing you'll see a lot as you read this forum is husbands who overinterpret a little acceptance as a license to go overboard. If you're both aware of that danger you can maybe head it off by talking. As with every other issue in a marriage, open and honest communication is the way to go.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think she is being more than fair plus she wants her man to be happy. I give her huge props.
    She is going thru a lot right now so lets show some support!

Di, thank you for staying! I also can't help with size, but have some thoughts. This is first female clothing you have bought him ever, so it will have a lot of special meaning, so the words, actions, body language that go with it will be important. If the shaved legs bothered you, then being in bed with him in the gown might be worse, so as long as you have accepted and openly embrace it, your partner will know. But it will also be a good time for a serious talk about trust and limits. An ankle bracelet may be another item if he likes underdressing and can add that won't be visible but will be a reminder of your love. Keep the postings going!

Measure one of his shirts and compare it to the size chart for the nightgown.
    And bless you for being so supportive....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hello Di;

What a wonderful thought!

I looked at the link you provided, and there is a sizing chart right there with measurements.

You can take a tape measure to your husband and then you will know the right size to get.

Cheers;

Pat
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Asked hubby if he wanted to help me pick out a nightgown for him for Christmas...

He answered, " that would be nice hon, but I'd rather have a new tool".

Go figure. Maybe his crossdressing isn't as big of a deal as I thought?

Weird.

Di

He may not be quite ready for the Joint Shopping Experience. Sometimes we have to reconcile some of our internal demons before we are comfortable with that.

That doesn't mean that your spouse wouldn't appreciate a nightgown selected by you. A simple one from Kohl's, etc. would be a nice gesture of acceptance and they are easy to size. I treasure the femme gifts I receive from my spouse.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

What a freak! He aught to be ashamed of himself!

What a magical, lost opportunity we all can but dream of!!

Maybe he really needs or wants this tool more at this moment than a nightgown. Perhaps he doesn't want to appear greedy and ask for both. I obviously don't know your husband but there could be a number of reasons to explain his reaction. IMO, he should be extremely appreciative of a wife as considerate as you.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

I think he wants to pick out his own nightgown! Maybe one that you wouldn't approve of! LOL Hubby will wish he took you up on your offer..probably tomorrow! What a nice wife,he is very lucky!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Buy him one anyway and say "if you don't like it, you can exchange it for a tool".

That's a very thoughtful thing to do.
    Also, more words of wisdom from kathtx and others about communicating with your husband on this and what it means in terms of your support. If you keep working on understanding each other you can have an even stronger and happier relationship, I believe.

Seems like he might be trying to make it seem like he doesn't want it, but actually does.

PS. Glad you stayed.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Banned Read only
    I would buy the nightgown anyway. I would love for my wife to buy me a nightgown for Christmas.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Ah... He already has one!

My wife is threatening to buy a new nightgown for me. The collar has come mostly unsewn on my older nightgown, and it is time to either fix it or Put It Down. It is the one I wear when I know I am going to be putting on a pain-relief lotion that stains -- so not only does it look bad but it smells bad too

Just maybe, he really does not want a nightgown. I thought I did a few times and then when I put them on I looked so bad in them that now I am more than happy sleeping in women's pajama bottoms with a comfy male Teeshirt. Maybe you could just ask him for some female items that he may want as a gift from you and then you pick one. Or, maybe he really does not want a feminine gift from you. No big deal if he doesn't make it one, and no need for you to make it a big deal either.

Sometimes we have our ups and downs and all of a sudden don't want anything to do with crossdressing. Now for me that lasts about 30 mins

I think you should get him a penoir set from One Stop Plus.Com

Look at the Amoureuse sets. The prices are reasonable and they look great. Their stuff fits loose so don't buy something a size "too big" thinking that a bit bigger is better or he'll be swimming in it.

I'm laughing at the sarcasm of some of these posts. Once you start to understand what CDing is all about, it's so humorous. However, if I was in the mind set I was 3 years ago, I may have been offended. I hope you aren't.

Has your H joined this forum? Perhaps he's really struggling with who he is. Joining this forum is the best thing I could have done. I wish I joined years ago. It's just that I was fighting myself so much, I didn't WANT to accept the fem side of me. So, joining something like this would have meant defeat. Even though I was fantasizing and acting out in secret, I still was ashamed and HATED it.

You are such and understanding and compromising wife. He still needs your help. It may not be to help buy him stuff, but to help understand fully accept who he/she is. If your H isn't already a member, I suggest encouraging her to join. Sometimes it's a great place to be en femme without putting anything on.
    Living and Loving in God's Grace,
    Anne