Thread: The last person I would expect to meet here

The last person I would expect to meet here

For the most part when dressed we are unrecognizable to all but our closest friends and relatives.
    Does anyone have any stories about meeting someone you know as a guy but you or he or maybe both were dressed at the time.
    I only have one unconfirmed sighting of a friend at Macy's one evening they were dressed not me but we were both in the women's department looking. She sort of vanished before I could get a good look. I honestly would not have outed her.

One of the fathers of one of my sons classmates.... had seen him at school functions and at the ice rink but we met online through the old yahoo 360 and IM.... and then met in person... and have become friends and have lunch every so often...... went shopping together.... we've never been out enfemme together..... he lives a few miles away and he and his wife always show up at our garage sales....
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-02-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I was dressed and saw the one guy that works for me (and sits next to me every day) and his wife in the produce section of King Soopers. I turned around fairly quickly.

wow I remember King Soopers! I used to go there all the time when I lived in Denver. I really miss living there.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Just last week, while out of town, one of the FtM members of my support group saw me in drab. He recognized me without even blinking. Now I know why ReineD recommends going to another town, and not your hometown.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaL View Post
    Just last week, while out of town, one of the FtM members of my support group saw me in drab. He recognized me without even blinking. Now I know why ReineD recommends going to another town, and not your hometown.
    I was out of town (an hr away) and came out of the womens restroom in a Macdonalds. My daughters classmate friends dad passed me real close going into the mens. I know him fairly well since they attended the same school since kindergarden to senior graduation. I am sure is was not recognised though. I was wearing sunglasses. Never know who you might bump into even out of town...

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I look at it this way, if you are dressed and have makeup on, no one with probably see it is really you. We are our own worst enemies. In passing someone you know, just don't acknowledge them and walk away.
    Dana Ryan

My wife said when we married "no matter where we go, act like my parents are standing next to us because we will probably see someone that knows me." Sure enough when we were in Las Vegas for our honeymoon we saw a family friend.
    Loving girlfriend of BrandyGG

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I haven't ever been surprised to see someone dressed. I have met some people in "guy" mode first and letter met them dressed, but the context of meeting them first was e.g., they were in the local cross-dressing store, or they were checking in for a cross-dressing convention.

I've lost count of the number of people who knew me only from "guy" mode and then saw me dressed. It is a wonder, really, that my (then) boss never saw me.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaR View Post
    I look at it this way, if you are dressed and have makeup on, no one with probably see it is really you.
    Dana, I have encountered quite a few people who did not know I dressed; their reaction has always been to recognize me at a glance (including at a distance and in bad light). Not even one of them has expressed any surprise to see me dressed -- not verbally, not even looking startled.

The closest I got to startlement was that one woman looked my way for about 3 seconds trying to place me, and then her face changed to an expression of "Ah! That explains it!", and she then promptly came over and said hello. And no, she wasn't surprised (I asked). The delay was because I do not meet her often at all and she meets many many people. The "That explains it!" look was as if she had already picked up enough cues to know I was "different" but had not quite figured out how so, and seeing me dressed explained what she already almost-knew.

The people I already knew that I then met dressed, did not know I was a cross-dresser / transgender, but all took it in stride, very quickly. So I must have been giving out unconscious "gender-variant" cues for many years...

You know what would startle people more than seeing me dressed? This: seeing me drink a beer. I gather I give off even stronger "Does Not Drink" vibes.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have seen plenty of people I know when I'm out enfemme neighbors mostly but they don't notice me or if they have never said anything so I assume they didn't recognize me.
    I ran into my daughter and her husband one time but I was bent down trying some shoes on.Whew!
    I ran into an ex girlfriend from high school at Walgreens several years ago enfemme.I walked past her in the make up aisle and she gave me a look,nothing out of the ordinary.
    I just smiled and said Hi Karen how are you?
    She asked do I know you? I said sure we went to high school together.She said I sure don't remember you sorry what is your name?
    I told her and she said OMG so you went thru the change?I told her no I am still a male.
    She was very nice about it and said you sure look like a female well done sister.
    We talk on FB a lot and she has never said anything to out me.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-03-2012 at 12:34 AM.

I spotted an uncle at a plaza once, he didn't see me and I made subtle change in direction.
    Mary

Silver Member
    I was fourteen hundered miles from home on a tram and ran into some one I do busintess with. Another time I got on a plane and sat down right after we took off I hear my name called from a couple rows back. It was three guy I worked with. In both cases I was in drab so it didn't matter, but you never know.

I observe a "no fly zone" in my own town, going over to the next valley or further for Eryn to play. Still, Mimi and I have been at an outlet mall 60 miles from home and had one of Mimi's co-workers come into a store. I doubt that I would be recognized by myself, so our SOP is that we split up if she sees someone she recognizes. We don't need them thinking about who Mimi's unusually tall girlfriend is!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

On fetlife I found one of my high school bullies , apparently he's a submissive sissy . Maybe I should pull out my six inch heels and bullwhip and have a little revenge

Hi,

Gee i dought very much how i look id still be seen known & talked to i cant hide theres just no hope of that ,

I went down our street & to our Village in a so called boy mode, shorts a white tee top a summer hat & sneakers , quess what one of my women friends comes up behind me & says hi noeleena, you look pretty neat to day, thank you. so boy mode does not work for me any more, oh & all the clothes i was wearing were female, though were ment to look more boy mode,

as to air travel ill just go with my Renaissance garb more me any way. & will i be reconised yes just the same, skirts tops & head wear,& it makes for others, youv made my day , well the high light is some thing for others to look at, it was my Wench outfit, think ill do my Chateline = Lady of the Castle next time,

...noeleena...

I was shopping along the boulevard in Hollywood looking in the window of one of those costume stores.
    I was dressed at the time.
    "Hello Beverley, how are you what are you looking at in here, going to play dressup"?
    Who the hell do I know here? Busted! I turn around smile and say "Hi".
    The reply, "Oh I am sorry I thought you were my friend Beverley, she is around here somewhere."
    That left me looking up and down the Boulevard looking for "Beverley" for the rest of the afternoon.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    My youngest daughter is accepting but acts a little light headed at times. We were walking through the grocery store with my wife once and my daughter yells out "Hey Liz!" (my niece's name who doesn't know). I didn't even look and just turned down the aisle next to me.

I have run into multiple people I work with, kind of hard not to with the size of my company. A couple of times it was coming around a corner and almost crashing into each other. If I am out, they are keeping it pretty quiet.