Thread: Fun Filled Friday

Fun Filled Friday

So as anyone who had read my thread knows, my band was invited to play at a house party on Friday just gone in celebration of Luci Hades Manor's 21st birthday (Luci is a fellow crossdresser although he always refers to himself as a he, which I why I do in this post). Even though I had spoken to him quite a lot online over the past couple of months, this was actually the first time we had met. I have to say I'm more than a little envious of his confidence. I get out of the taxi in front of his place in male mode with all my band equipment and clothes to change into with me and he comes down already in full costume as a red haired anime maid, complete with fishnets and a trench coat on top because he needed to get to Tesco.

So five minutes later all my band stuff is upstairs and him, me and my guitarist Olivia are walking through Chatham highstreet (anyone that knows it is probably aware it's a pretty rough area) to buy booze and chocolate at the local Tesco. It takes barely a minute for someone to shout 'gayboy' at him but he simply doesn't care, merely shouts back 'yes I am' and carries on. Now I consider myself to be a pretty confident person in general but I can't see myself wading through the ignorant scum on the street in a dress during my day to day life anytime soon.

We get back, plug in all the equipment and Luci's band soundcheck's while I get into costume. I've got the same clothes as I had for the expo and Halloween, a lovely long gothic dress with a matching blouse, long lace gloves, tights and some high heeled shoes. I came up with a special make up design which is loosely based off of something a friend did as part of her photography course. It's quite similar to Shagrath from Dimmu Borgir but obviously much more feminine so I've nicknamed the whole character 'Dimmu Whorgir' (because Black Metal and crossdressing goes together better than most would think lol). The hair was a mix of how I normally do it in fem mode and how I had it when I cosplayed as Mana from Moi Dix Mois.

The gig itself went great despite the vocals being pretty quiet (sound was much better than expected considering we provided all the equipment ourselves between the two bands) and we got some new fans plus I got a fair few compliments on my costume. Luci himself looked pretty epic when it came to his band playing as well ^_^

Not all of the photo's have been uploaded yet so that may take till next week but I have some so I will upload them pretty soon.

EDIT: I do have a quite decent photo from when I first tried out the costume to see what it would look like though http://xdressed.deviantart.com/#/d5mhexs
    Last edited by xdressed; 12-02-2012 at 08:22 PM.
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Maybe some of his confidence will rub off on you.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Hopefully, if I had somewhere to go away from friends and family and anyone who might know me I probably would be able to go out a bit more. Thankfully now that I know Luci I can go to his sometimes and go out. He goes clubbing and shopping and everything and the only people I know from that area are him and his friends, so I think that could be good for my general well being. Plus he's asked me to play keyboards in his band so I'm going to be at his a lot anyway.

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    Luci sounds like a great inspiration. I hope you get to hang out with him more.

P.S.: Love your outfit!

Been to the Burger King in Chatham High St. Not dressed though
    Yes I recall the surroundings at night to be a little CD unfriendly.
    We were closely examined when we went into the B King.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cee View Post
    Luci sounds like a great inspiration. I hope you get to hang out with him more.

P.S.: Love your outfit!
    Yeah like I said I'll be playing keyboard in his band soon so I'll be hanging out with him a lot, plus he'll be joining my band on guitars as well so we'll see each other all the time. Hopefully by being part of his band I'll be able to play a few more gigs en femme, especially as I don't have to jump and run around like I do on bass/vocals with a keyboard, so long dresses and the like won't hamper my performance in any way.

I've uploaded all the photo's so far in this folder on dA http://xdressed.deviantart.com/gallery/40842110 but when I get all the others this weekend I'll start up a photo thread on here for some of the best ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Been to the Burger King in Chatham High St. Not dressed though
    Yes I recall the surroundings at night to be a little CD unfriendly.
    We were closely examined when we went into the B King.
    Yeah the people don't come across as open minded in any way lol. Still I hear the Tap n Tin nightclub there is good, Luci's been clubbing there dressed loads of times.