Thread: What Kinda Things Would You Wanna Do For The Trans Community?

What Kinda Things Would You Wanna Do For The Trans Community?

Have you ever tossed around ideas for helping trans community? Have a chance to try your luck, speak your mind and try to help all those out there who relate to being trans. I often think about that, and I'm starting to plan it out. I really wanna help out with the entire community. Does this sound possible? Yes, with the right hook, you can catch anything that comes your way. What I wanna know is what would you want to see as a support to the trans community? Would you start a Vlog? A Blog? What kinda stuff would you wanna do?

my internet's down at the moment, no fault of me, the lines in my town are bad because of hurricane sandy, so i'm typing this on my phone

answer: donate money to the Trangender Legal Defense Fund TLDEF.....transgenderlegal.org
    $25 is enough to start with. I met Michael Silverman who runs it, he's a great guy!
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 12-02-2012 at 09:43 PM.

While I'm not sure ho to go about doing it, I wou ld like to:

1. Show trans people that they are OK, not weird, wacko or sick.
    2. Show the general community that trans people are OK, not weird, wacko or sick.
    3. Show the christian community that trans people are OK, not weird, wacko or sick.
    4. Show the trans community that most christians are OK, not weird, wacko or sick.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

If I had the $$$, I would build a community where we could all go to feel free and work and live together in peace and harmony so we could show the world we are productive caring members of society.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Get out of the closet and interact with people in the community. Show everyone that we are proud of who we are and are normal. Hiding in the closet will not advance our causes.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Gold Member
    First, I think everyone here is already making a difference by participating in this site and providing support to each other.

But I don't mind being involved but I am unsure how far I would want to take it. I am involved in local groups already. I am marginally involved in Diva Las Vegas and that could grow after this year (may be this year). But I think that anyone who is going to do a lot, doesn't know what they will be doing yet. Those types of efforts tend to present themselves to you instead of being something you plan and work towards.

Moderate a forum that deals with TG issues.

Oh, I already do that!

I think that folks getting out into the community are an important step to gaining acceptance. It is much easier to fear that which you never see.

I also do not tolerate friends, even those who only know my drab side, being disrespectful of LGBT people. That might call into question my own orientation, but I have the self-confidence to weather that storm. If they want to be Neanderthals they can do it when I'm not around.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I am the "Transambassador" to the T community for the Unitarian Church that I attend as part of the LGBTQ welcoming committee. I encourage others to enjoy the openness and acceptance of the UU church. It is a place that people can be accepted for being a person.I am amazed how so many T's want acceptance,yet won't go looking for new friends at a place where total acceptance is the norm,not the exception. And,like Eryn,I stand up to anyone ignorant enough to put down the LGBTQ community..Funny how that changes when they find their son,daughter,or best friend is "queer".
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    I'd like to do tours of some kind with CD's and TS's. Nothing major: short hikes or canoe trips, etc. Something where they could be out in nature as their true selves, and they would feel safe in doing so.

My hat's off to all the people who help the trans community in any way. Thank you!

Other than being here to help others with understanding dressing and themselves, not much. I extend my friendship to others as "older sister" and mostly show by example and share experiences. If you are referring to some kind of activism, that can be a pretty lonely road sometimes, especially when dealing with heated issues.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think every time each of us presents as whom we feel we are, to one or many people we help reduce the social stygma of a person wearing what is thought to be another gender's clothes. We change and desensitize the belief that we are confined or defined by our attire.

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]