Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody else identify as a lesbian

Thank you ladies for your thoughtful replies. There is another web sight called Gender Fluid (Labels are for Soup Cans - Coming Out). It is a very cool accepting web site but everybody on it seems to be very young and being 66 years old I am more at home posting here. I don''t need a label because my lesbianism is a state of mind - one that I am very much at peace with and fulfilled by. Because of the very rural area where I live and my size (including size 14 feet) I don't go out dressed but if it ever becomes possible I wouldn't worry about what people labeled me. I'd just enjoy expressing the woman in me - like I do at home with my sweet lady when she is my lesbian partner. Really it's all semantics that don't really matter. It's all about being true to yourself and your partner and Mother Earth. Peace from the Missouri Ozarks, Stephanie G

Dear Jennifer, Love your quote. A few years ago I was driving 3 of my best track girls to the state meet and they sang that song repeatedly. I believe that they acted out that fantasy all night because the next day they were horrible at the meet. But they undoubtedly had a night to remember. My wife and I have our favorite kisses - deep ones that we call lesbian kisses. Peace and hugs, Stephanie G

Sister Nikki, Being in a male body in many ways helps me express my lesbianism to my wife - it definitely enhances her joy in loving me. So I don't feel trapped and love using my maleness to express my lesbian love for my lady. Peace, Stephanie G

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_C View Post
    I have concluded that I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body.
    Sorry, Nikki, this is not personal, I'm just replying to your post because it contains a phrase that is widely abused.

Eddie Izzard says this for comedic impact, but the fact is that a man is not a lesbian. You may like to imagine yourself in a lesbian relationship but that does not make you a lesbian.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Silver Member
    No - I do not consider myself a lesbian. I am not a female.

Me: have XY chromosomes and a penis, self-identify as female, attracted only to women, all intimate partners have been genetic women who self-identified as women.

My SO: has XX chromosomes and a vagina, self-identifies as female, attracted only to women, all intimate partners have self-identified as female, all intimate partners but one (me) have been genetic women.

Are we a lesbian couple or a straight couple? Does the label matter?

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    My wife says she could never be a lesbian but that is how I feel when I am in my girl mode. If I were ever to transition I would def be a lesbian but alas I'll just have to dream about it.
    I want to be this girl!

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Kath, for me the question is simple and has nothing to do with whether you have one, two , three or no Y chromosomes. Are you a woman or a man? If you are a sometimes-woman sometimes-man, it might get complicated.

If, as I think you do, you see yourself as and are living as a woman, then you can call it a lesbian relationship.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Platinum Member
    I must defer the status of lesbian to GGs who are sexually attracted to other women. Still, I understand why some GGs are reluctant to engage sexually their CD partners as women. If you don't find women physically attractive, hubbie in a lady suit proably won't be all that appealing either. And as a GM dressed as a woman, yes I like the idea of making love as a woman to a woman. But, I can't tell you that's because I'm a lesbian. It could just be a typical male fantasy taken to the next level

When I'm dressed, I'm definently a lesbian...........not technically, but I'm portraing one. And yes, as Jane said above, if I had SRS, I would still be a lesbian, very few guys are attractive to me, and then not sexually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

I am on the same page as most replies, If I were to transition and have SRS I would be lesbian without a doubt. I just can't find love in a hair covered body, not to talk about all of the male BS that goes along with it.

Very much so a lesbian. How I've always identified, thus no interest in dating males contrary to many who are transgendered.

No, never, call me a CD or a TS, but not a lesbian. I no way should my post be considered anti-lesbian. Thank You !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Thank you Annaliese .

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese2010 View Post
    Very much so a lesbian. How I've always identified, thus no interest in dating males contrary to many who are transgendered.
    I read many of your earlier posts and felt a real connection with your mind. I too am definitely a male to female lesbian. I am very happy with my wife who accepts what I am. I do wonder how my life would have been different if I had figured this all out back in the 60's when I was at Harvard. Because of where I live and my size (particularly my size 14 feet) I only cross dress at home. You seem like the kind of lady I would have loved to be with back in the day. Peace, Stephanie from the Missouri Woods

Having friends who are lesbian, I think they would find it rather rude since I am not a woman. Get SRS...then you can identify as lesbian. Until then you are a man who has sex with women while indulging in wearing clothing that is designed and designated for women.

Thus you are a straight male.

and people wonder why the L&G community has a problem with crossdressers.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I've been envious of lesbians because they seem to have
    Deep relationships. I do view myself as a lesbian to a point.

I get along pretty good with lesbians that i've been around but
    being a guy the relationship doesnt go very far

The words lesbian and homosexual are interesting. They each describe two things: a person's genetic sex as well as their sexual preference. This is not the case for bisexual or heterosexual, which only describe a sexual preference, as do gynophile and androphile. Anyway, you're not lesbian. But you could describe yourself as a translesbian if you like to use the word "lesbian", although this describes a genetic male who has transitioned and who is attracted to women. Gynophile is more accurate, since you do not specify your fundamental and permanent gender identity. If your wife was strictly attracted to genetic women then she would be a lesbian. I'm not quite sure if there is a word for a genetic woman who is attracted to a translesbian. Quasi-translesbian? Transophile?
    Reine

Nerdy IT Chick
    I think it's entirely possible to identify as a lesbian even with male genitalia. I know I do. But I think the difference is that I am transgendered and completely live my life as female. The only time you could tell I'm not genetic is if you were in bed with me. I believe that most of the people in this section of the forum would not consider themselves lesbian because despite the fact that they crossdress, they still identify as a male and are cisgendered.
    You can call me Christie!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/59591558@N06/
    All eyes on me when I walk in, no question that this girls a 10. Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful.

All I know is I like women, and I sometimes dress like one. Why complicate things.

no.

No. when I dressed and feel love to woman, I didnot suffered guilty of homosexual feeling.

Aspiring Member
    Here we go again defining what sex is, just like Carrie said we dress like woman and most of us like woman why isn't some of us can't say we like lesbian love making.

Aspiring Member
    I am attracted to women. But I have never been very sexual or had a high sex drive. I know I'm not attracted to men.

So, being transexual I will still be attracted to women after I transition (I hope to be with my wife but you know the story there...) so I would be l presenting as a lesbian. Right now I'm a genetic male with a female brain.

Remember these are all just words. We are all attempting to describe our feelings on a very complex issue therefore eveyone's opinion is valid for themselves and sometimes others. I love the varied views of ourselves, TSs, CDs, etc. It's one of the reasons I stay on this site.

Ladies, I find many of your replies comforting and positive. I loved Cdona's photos and several other posts were very sister like. One post suggests that I need SRS surgery to call myself a lesbian. What a horrid thought. Really! I am supposed to have my genitals removed so that I can have the approval of ladies who think I offend the lesbian and gay community. Obviously I am not technically a lesbian since I have and thoroughly enjoy my male anatomy - as does my lovely wife. Like I have said many times, for me lesbianism is a state of mind - a feminine soul, a love of all things feminine. You know the X chromosome carries more genes than the Y and gender is indeed fluid. Lorileah dear, I am not a straight male and I don't offend the lesbians I know because I don't hit on them or deceive them. Whatever. Can't we just be at peace? Yes I enjoy getting dressed pretty and making love as a lesbian. Peace, Stephanie G

If you don't have a vagina, you can't be a lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    .... Get SRS...then you can identify as lesbian. Until then you are a man who has sex with women while indulging in wearing clothing that is designed and designated for women.

and people wonder why the L&G community has a problem with crossdressers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    The words lesbian and homosexual are interesting. They each describe two things: a person's genetic sex as well as their sexual preference.
    Homosexual doesn't describe a person's genetic sex. It is accurately applied to all sexes when those individuals are only sexually attracted to members of the same sex.