Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good reasons to be a crossdresser

Good reasons to be a crossdresser

There are many! But today I was thinking about how cold it is and how good my pantyhose feel (I underdress most days). As I am getting older, I'm starting to have some problems with arthritis in my legs, and the cold weather (19 at my house this morning) adds to the pain.
    Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    There are many! But today I was thinking about how cold it is and how good my pantyhose feel (I underdress most days). As I am getting older, I'm starting to have some problems with arthritis in my legs, and the cold weather (19 at my house this morning) adds to the pain.
    Steph:

Don't know where you are in Virginia, but in Fairfax this morning, it's 16 with a wind chill of 9. Wish I felt good with underdressing in hose at work, but I worry about the static cling being a giveaway (not to mention the sound that hose sometimes make when worn under slacks and you walk down a hallway). Do you work in an office environment and, if yes, has underdressing hose ever caused you an embarrassment?

Nice timely thread, thanks.

Best,
    Rhonda.

Sorry to jump in here girls but are we talking in Fahrenheit or Centigrade?

Where I come from 16 Centigrade is warm!
    Last edited by suzy1; 01-22-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Sorry to jump in here girls but are we talking in Fahrenheit or Centigrade?

Where I come from 16 Centigrade is warm!
    Hi, Suzy. We're talking Fahrenheit. Below the freezing point of water, where a cold wind blast up a skirt makes you remember that you're dressing this way because you like to.

The temp today is noticeable and notable because it is in stark contrast to the very mild winter we've had so far. A double layer of hose would be in order.

Rhonda

12 Here in Flatwoods Ky........

That is cold Rhonda!
    You girls wrap up warm.

7 degrees F here this morning. And I just got a warning from the weather channel that tomorrow and the next day we have a wind chill warning that is supposed to get down to -40 to -50 degrees F !!!!!!!! That's a whole lot of tights!!!!!

Terri

Given the choice......I'd rather freeze than have my life so overly complicated! lol. and my under armour is much warmer than any pantyhose....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yeah, I'm not going out today, working from the comfort of my heated mattress pad with doggie at my feet keeping my toes warm :-)

I suppose wearing leggings, tights and knee socks, etc. are pretty good reasons but I could probably find more good reasons to be a woman, but I digress.........
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It's 5 degrees below zero F. with a wind chill of minus 25 F. here in Wisconsin. I guess I'll have to do up another button on blouse today and maybe even one at the bottom of my skirt.

CE

Silver Member
    Glad I am wintering in Florida at 65 degrees down from mid 80's as home was at 7 this morning. Sarasota has been unusually warm this winter.

For me a good reason to be a cross dresser is it just feels good. As far as cold goes I spent three years in Thule, Greenland where minus 20 was not unheard of.

Vieja

Is that Avatar really you? WOW.

Vieja
    Last edited by Sandra; 01-22-2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, please use the edit function

I know I can't speak for everyone but here in NW WI no tucking required today just step outside for a second and problem solved! LOL!

I feel incomplete if I don't wear pantyhose or tights when I dress, so warmer weather is less cross dressing friendly for me. Thank God for air conditioning!

It's zero in Chicago right now, at least I'm not sweating with a wig on.

As much as I would love to wear tights under my jeans and trousers all the time it can be a dangerous thing. As an example I am going with my wife this evening to my mother-in-law's house. Present will be my brother-in-law and his 3 teenage children. If I keep my shoes on someone is bound to notice the tights in between the bottom of my trouser leg and my shoes. If I take my shoes off they are bound to be seen. How do you explain say to a 14 year old niece why Uncle is wearing tights?

Maria

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    First I want to let you know it must be a heat wave there. In WI it was -6 with a windchill of about -20. There isnt much to keep you warm in this weather besides a comfy pair of jammies and a warm fireplace. But when I do have to go out I opt for my Cuddle Duds leggings. This fit nice under jeans and help fend off the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieja View Post
    Is that Avatar really you?
    By avatar, you mean the picture that appears with each posting, yep, really me. If you mean the drawing on my profile page, thats what I think I look like! but the cameras and mirrors don't see me that way. Hahaha.

Rhonda, I do work in an office, but no one really notices any noise. Certainly no one has ever said anything.

Suzy, I forgot about all the British gurls, Centigrade is something else I need to learn!
    Stephanie

I wear pantyhose or tights all the time under my jeans
    Last edited by Gloria Vanessa; 01-22-2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: bad spelling

In the cold climes it is always tights weather, whether dressed or not.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It's been just above freezing here the last few days--fairly cold by Irish standards, but not so cold that I'd change my skirt for trousers. Close, though!

Annabelle

Cold here also, tights, fur lined boots and a shaper w/attached bra under slacks, blouse and hoodie. Gotta keep the girls warm too.

Ah, the San Francisco Bay Area where a really, really, cold day might be 28 F right before daylight (as it was last Thursday). Sorry girls, but if I wear tights, it is because I like the look, not for the cold.
    Not trying to rub anything in...
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Hello to all you ladies up there.

Hmmm ... we've just had a record hot day of 111 F (44C). Guess we must be upside down. I love wearing sleeveless tops and short skirts though so (apart from the wig) all is well down under.