Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does anybody else identify as a lesbian

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Does not wanting to be with another man count? Because I don't like men.
    that is mysandry but that thread died almost a year ago
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn72 View Post
    Well since my soon to be ex husband is a candy @ss and wont transition I'm now with a genetic female girlfriend so yes you can say I identify as a lesbian.
    Sorry, but if your ex does not want to transition, maybe s/he is not transsexual? Why is that being candy @ss? It's true that I don't know him or your situation, but don't you think it's a good idea to respect where people are at rather than try to make them conform to your agenda?

This holds true for everyone: GGs who want their SOs to transition, GGs who do not want their husbands to be CDers, and M2F CDers who want their hetero GG SOs to be sexually attracted to them as women.

If you're not attracted to men or to gender nonconformists though, I can see why your relationship didn't work, just as I understand why a relationship between a late-onset MtF TS and a hetero GG wouldn't work.
    Reine

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    The words lesbian and homosexual are interesting. They each describe two things: a person's genetic sex as well as their sexual preference. This is not the case for bisexual or heterosexual, which only describe a sexual preference, as do gynophile and androphile. Anyway, you're not lesbian. But you could describe yourself as a translesbian if you like to use the word "lesbian", although this describes a genetic male who has transitioned and who is attracted to women. Gynophile is more accurate, since you do not specify your fundamental and permanent gender identity. If your wife was strictly attracted to genetic women then she would be a lesbian. I'm not quite sure if there is a word for a genetic woman who is attracted to a translesbian. Quasi-translesbian? Transophile?
    This is interesting, I always looked at myself as a girl. So whenever I was out dressed and someone asked if I was gay, my answer was, do you mean do I dress like this to attract guys? Then I would answer that I liked girls, so I must be a lesbian; which always got strange looks.
    Dana Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie G View Post
    I read many of your earlier posts and felt a real connection with your mind. I too am definitely a male to female lesbian. I am very happy with my wife who accepts what I am. I do wonder how my life would have been different if I had figured this all out back in the 60's when I was at Harvard. Because of where I live and my size (particularly my size 14 feet) I only cross dress at home. You seem like the kind of lady I would have loved to be with back in the day. Peace, Stephanie from the Missouri Woods
    Oh Steph, so true. And geeze girl, Thank You for your sweet words. You make me blush.

I'm so glad for your happy relationship with your wife. She seems to possess a very caring & compassionate spirit. And she must be quite a deep thinker to be able to grasp and appreciate the critical distinction between yourself vis-a-vis your lesbianism vs the vast majority of other M2F transgenderd girls.

I'm always receptive to meeting other transy lezzie's. I know many think it's an excuse or conceit; a form of self deception or even a pretext for 'same sex' fun. Oh so nah-ah. And oh so refreshing to speak with someone like youself who knows how this is simply not the case. EGO reputo effeminatus, proinde EGO sum.

Attachment 193499

Banned Read only
    If all this discussion is based upon what someone "thinks" about themselves, and it must be because the genetic discussion as far as GLBT is concerned must be a discussion of the mind, then labels don't really matter, do they. After all, a simple genetic test, regardless of how your are plumbed or re-plumbed will determine the gender you were born with and the gender you will die with.

Your sexual preference, based upon your genetic makeup, determines which label can "accurately" be applied.

Remember, I think therefore I am. . .I am what? Who the hell knows.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaraPeterson View Post
    a simple genetic test, regardless of how your are plumbed or re-plumbed will determine the gender you were born with and the gender you will die with.
    You couldn't be more wrong about this. A genetic test will tell you what SEX you were born with. That is completely different to what GENDER you are.

I was born with male sex organs so I was wrongly classified as male. I have a female brain, so no matter how much I tried to convince myself that I could make it through life pretending that my gender matched my natal sex, I failed completely. My statement about my brain is scientifically provable, but unfortunately requires my brain to be removed from my body - so I decline to furnish you with the proof at present.

In the past, people who agreed with your statement tried to force transsexuals to conform via the use of things like electro-shock therapy. It didn't change the fact that their gender and natal sex were in opposition, it merely taught the TS that they would be harmed with society's blessing for telling the truth.

Some religious fanatics believe that they can "cure" transsexuals, the same religious fanatics often believe that they can "cure" homosexuals. They are wrong on both counts. In general the only thing that they achieve is to drive the TS person into suicidal depression.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Hi,

No matter what is said here, each person will belive what they wont to. regardless of facts or tests or how our bodys are put together, not includeing those of us out side what was thought of as normal., those of us who are different, are just that different,

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese2010 View Post
    EGO reputo effeminatus, proinde EGO sum.
    It takes more than that, I'm afraid.
    Reine

Very much so a lesbian. How I've always identified, thus no interest in dating males contrary to many who are transgendered.
    Nothing like using a broad brush that has the wrong color of paint on it.

and in response to it...

You seem like the kind of lady I would have loved to be with back in the day.
    Does that sound a bit like there may be some interest in "being with"? Hmmm...two TG's...still a "male lesbian?"

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    It takes more than that, I'm afraid.

Puto ego sum cupcake, ergo sum a cupcake. I still cannot fathom the flippancy that is still happening here. Accuracy in language must have died with Latin
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I suppose that fortunate for me I'm bi. So when I'm dressed I think that makes me = L + G + B + T! I like that! Elfin
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

I'm one of these lol i loveee women especially my wife.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

When I am fully dressed, I am soo much into being a woman, I spend hours and hours primping and preparing until I look just right. I am happy to say that the result of all this that I am quite passable. Am I attracted to other women? Yes most definitely and I would truly love to find one who could willingly accept me for what I am. On the other side of the equation, I sometimes find myself attracted to men and often fantasize about what it would be like to be with one when I am deep into my feminine side. I guess I would say (for right now) that I am probably bi. As my journey continues and I get more bold, I know that I want to try both worlds.

A very interesting discussion. For me the answer is very much YES. Sarah/I has always identified as being a lesbian, she loves GG woman (and everything about them), and other TGLadies as well. When I have been intimate with a woman and/or other TWoman, I do try to approach it from the lesbian perspective and my partners mostly have told me they enjoyed not having an overly aggressive male partner.

Intimacy aside, my lady friends tell me they enjoy being able to interact with me as a male, but one who can lend them a sympathetic ear to their conversations, and who (being a male) will offer them the advice coming from a mans perspective, but delivered to them as a girlfriend would. They are constanlty supprised that I have a deep knowledge base about being female / feminine. Something so many men are uncomfortable in discussing or even wanting to engage in conversations about with their wives or so's. When dressed and out and about I always try to present myslef (either dressy or casual) with the personal of a lesbian professional business woman.
    Last edited by Sarah V; 12-31-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Yay. We've succeeded in adding "lesbian" to the already-long list of words we can't agree on defining, like crossdresser, transvestite, transgender, etc.
    As long as "words mean what I say they mean", this is unlikely to change.
    Clinton started it (it depends on what the definition of "is" is). haha

Oh Steph, so true. And geeze girl, Thank You for your sweet words. You make me blush.

I'm so glad for your happy relationship with your wife. She seems to possess a very caring & compassionate spirit. And she must be quite a deep thinker to be able to grasp and appreciate the critical distinction between yourself vis-a-vis your lesbianism vs the vast majority of other M2F transgenderd girls.

I'm always receptive to meeting other transy lezzie's. I know many think it's an excuse or conceit; a form of self deception or even a pretext for 'same sex' fun. Oh so nah-ah. And oh so refreshing to speak with someone like youself who knows how this is simply not the case. EGO reputo effeminatus, proinde EGO sum.

Attachment 193499
    What exactly does your obviously male legs, awkwardly spraddled have to do with this thread?
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Always I think of myself as a lesbian... the clothes help me to keep alive this wonderful dream of me!where ever i can I'm fully dressed with hair and make-up and Beautiful Sexy dresses like a Pretty Feminine Lesbian would do it

I would define "lesbian" as a woman who is attracted to another woman. The problem lies in defining "woman." I accept any transwoman, whether pre-op, post-op, or non-op, as a woman, and I would have no problem with accepting her as a lesbian if she were attracted to women and not men. "Woman," in my opinion, is more of a mental and spiritual thing than it is a physical thing. Transwomen are only women who are dealing with a certain set of problems which most women do not have to face. All of this is only my opinion, which may very well be wrong, and is certainly not intended to offend anyone.

Do I identify as a lesbian? No, I identify as bisexual, though usually with a preference for women. Again, for me this can mean GGs or transwomen. The parts don't matter as much as what's inside. In any case, I would second the opinion of those who have expressed that we shouldn't focus on labels. As a wise cartoon sailor once said, I yam what I yam.
    Peace and love, - Christy

Well, when I am dressed as a man, I am attracted to women. When I am dressed as a woman, I am attracted to women. If I ever had an opportunity to to do a full crossdressing transformation (on my bucket list), I would still be attracted only to women. But does that make me a lesbian? Who lnows? However, to the best that I could imagine myself as a woman complete with the right parts, even so, right now, I would have to say that I would still be attracted to women. So, I guess I am a hetero male and as least a bi female, and probably a gay female.

Set course for 35 Degrees for one hour, then set course for 215 degrees for one hour - and we will get there

You can if you want, but . . .

After this thread came out, I decided to go to the source, so to speak, and ask two close friends who live as a lesbian couple if I was a lesbian when dressed en femme. The answer was, no.

They did not consider me completely hetro, however, so I guess I'm as confused as ever. Oh, well.
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

For the last 10 years of a very happy marriage my cross dressing has become more and more of an integral part of our love life. My beautiful wife fully accepts my feminine side and my lesbian identity. Outside of the home I am a rather masculine male working on our farm but in the bedroom I am all female and only wanting to love my lady. I really feel like I am a lesbian. Does anyone else feel this way?
    I am a lesbian but my wife isn't

Maria

I have said many times that I am male lesbian. And I've said I'm the only lesbian in our household. To that, my wife gets upset.

I said the same thing time and time again. I have always adored the female body and their sexy clothes, and even wear them when I can. I just can't see myself fully with a guy but rather with the ladies. They are better.