Thread: What about the hair?

Banned Read only

What about the hair?

Several years ago, I woke up with some skin lesions that ended up being something termed folliculitis. The end of that story is that after a number of trips to a dermatologist and several baths in a powerful depilatory, I decided to try shaving. It worked. How convenient for a cross dresser. Now, I shave from head to toe every other day. I cannot imagine having body hair--whether en femme or not.

I wonder how many of us shave our bodies? No one even questions me about it anymore. But I can tell you that my lingerie feels really good against smooth, lotioned skin.

I usually shave (or buzz off the hair) of my legs and chest (sometimes arms) when I present them as Brenne. And of course, CD is a powerful motivator to shave my face (which I used to hate doing, but my goatee didn't look so good anyway...)
    - Phoebe Brenne

I shave my whole body, I wear shorts a lot, and short sleeve shirts and no one has ever said any thing, as far as I know no one pays any attention to it, but it sure does feel good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LaraPeterson View Post
    Several years ago, I woke up with some skin lesions that ended up being something termed folliculitis. The end of that story is that after a number of trips to a dermatologist and several baths in a powerful depilatory, I decided to try shaving. It worked. How convenient for a cross dresser. Now, I shave from head to toe every other day. I cannot imagine having body hair--whether en femme or not.

I wonder how many of us shave our bodies? No one even questions me about it anymore. But I can tell you that my lingerie feels really good against smooth, lotioned skin.
    I shave everything, Lara! Everything except some arm hair, which I trim down.

My hair stylist even shaves my back, for $5.00!!!

I will never, ever go back!

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Silver Member
    Was it folliculitis, or pseudofolliculitis (red bumps caused by shaving?) If it was folliculitis, was removing the hair recommended to help treat it?

Electrolysis for chest up years ago......little pain for lots of gain.......pink razor regular routine for everything else

nair for Men really works for me

Banned Read only
    Yes, Vickie, it was folliculitis and it took forever to correct. Whatever the infections was, it was deep in the follicles. I've since learned that some of us who have very dense body hair and very soft skin always run the risk of the hair shaft itself "cutting" the follicle tube and causing such an infection. So, I shave regularly and I've never had the problem again. Apparently, at least this is what I've discovered in my case, as long as I keep the hair cut down to the skin level, it doesn't "turn" and cause skin injury. That might not make much sense, but I can tell you that if I go very many days without shaving, the symptoms come back.

I keep my upper arms and hands shaved, also keep my arm hair short so no one notices "a change"

Banned Read only
    I epil all body hair including arms and that usually lasts for a couple of weeks. I will shave once a week in between to maintain smooth skin. I also double shave the beard as I wont epil the beard....

At least twice a week and sometimes more. Everything, except my head.

I don't have to shave, arms and face are the only places my hair grows besides the privates.

Banned Read only
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]I shave my entire body before I dress

SEE BELOW

Quote Originally Posted by luscious View Post
    I use a depilatory
    I shave my back,legs,arms,chest and butt,hips ,groin/pubic area and face

THE TOUGHEST DEPILATORY is Magic Shave
    THE TOUGHEST DEPILATORY
    •A spa owner we know has converted all her waxing clients to this powder: “It gets rid of everything—even coarse hair—but it never irritates.”
    softsheen-carson Magic shave Shaving Powder $2, drugstores

THE TOUGHEST DEPILATORY is Magic Shave

the red can is the strongest...................

the silver is made so that it has a pleasant fragrance and is a mild DEPILATORY.

for tough hair use the red

for those of you just starting out use the one with aloe Vera.

I HAVE TO USE THE RED CAN FOR MY BEARD (WHICH IS COARSE AND HEAVY) its the only version of Magic Shave besides the tube that gets all my facial hair off.
    my body hair is medium but I still use the red can

the blue can is not a strong DEPILATORY, its mild but probably stronger then the silver can.

also there is some already mixed in a tube

word of caution
    do not, I repeat do not wash your face or apply after a workout or sweating
    unless you want chemical burns, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS THROUGHLY AND TRY THE MILDER VERSION 1ST ( BLUE CAN)

make sure you follow the instructions ESPECIALLY

1.)USE COLD WATER
    2.) DO NOT USE IT AFTER SWEATING
    3.) DO NOT WASH YOUR FACE PRIOR TO USE
    4.) OBSERVE THE TIME LIMITS

AFTER THAT YOU WILL see how smooth your skin gets

http://healthandbeauty-tips.blogspot...2_archive.html

http://living.msn.com/style-beauty/m...s-hair-removal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by luscious; 12-06-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Not very hairy, so I just keep everything trimmed. The beard, however, had to go. Thank you, Gillette triple blade razors. You and Edge shaving gel, along with Maxim's unauthorized guide's instructions, give me a stubble free shave every time, and NO nicks! Truly the way a shave should be!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Folliculitis is usually a bacterial infection of the hair follicle. The likely reason that regular shaving keeps it under control for you is that the preshave cleaning you do reduces the normal bacterial skin load and also by shaving you don't have a whole shaft of hair that bacteria can live on and travel down. It is VERY HARD to kill bacteria on biological materials (i.e. hair). You may find also that using an antibacterial skin wash (usually Chlorhexidine 2%) like they get you to wash in before you have surgery can reduce the symptoms if you start to have problems again.

I have folliculitus occasionally on my scalp and it is a real b... sometimes to simply run a brush through my hair.

I AM NOT GOING TO SHAVE MY HEAD!!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I shave everything! Except my arm hair, haha. But I shave my face, armpits, chest, back (attempt), private area, butt, legs and the top of my feet.
    ‎"Music is a lie. It is a lie. Art is a lie. You have to tell a lie that is so wonderful that your fans make it true." -Lady Gaga

Monique Youtube