Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He Shaves His Legs

He Shaves His Legs

My wife and I were out at a place where we know a lot of people and a man passed by and said "hello" so we had a short conversation and went our seperate ways. He was wearing shorts.

After we parted, my wife said to me "I think he shaves his legs."

Now I'm not one to stalk or stare, but later, I saw him and I could see leg hair so he either had very light hair or perhaps he shaved from his knees down.

My point - We often read posts that people won't notice these things, but the truth is, they will, at least some of them, some of the time.

Of course, if you don't care, that's fine. If you do, take heed.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Thank you for posting that. Every time I see someone on this site say "people don't notice..." or something like that I think about how wrong they are. People do notice little things like that - especially women.

Hi Linda,
    I shave now because I like the feeling and my legs look better without the hair. There will always be comments, too hairy, too skinny, too long, ect. So just do what you like and people will always talk about something, no matter what you do. It is nice to be noticed in some way, isn't it? I even wear nude pantyhose when I go for walks wearing my shorts and my neighbors have never said anything to me about it. Talk is just that,talk. Anything beyond talk could be troublesome and we all have to be careful.

Platinum Member
    When we say, people don't notice, perhaps its more accurate to say that People don't comment. I don't know what people notice or don't notice unless they feel compelled to say something. I do think its true that most people could care less what a stranger does with his or her leg hair.

I am ok with people noticing as long as they are polite and respectful

Quote Originally Posted by bridget thronton View Post
    I am ok with people noticing as long as they are polite and respectful
    Exactly.

I've had a couple of female co workers ask about mine, to which I reply "would you like to see my winter coat?" I keep mine trimmed down short, but sometimes it just disappears.

Banned Read only
    Your wife does not notice. She in all likliehood LOOKS for it. Big Difference. Looks... like 99% of the folks here LOOK to bust other men CDing. What would you expect from someone married to a CDer?

What is Joe Doe public going to do IF they notice? Report people to the leg hair police?

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/......&highlight=

Assuming someone notices, what are the chances they will connect it with CDing? Ordinary folks just don't think that way! If they do bother to give it any thought they will imagine a number of other justifications before they think of CDing, assuming that CDing is in their consciousness at all!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I go to the same coffee shop every morning to meet with my girls and share some gossip. Over the course of the summer I saw thousands of men in shorts pop in for a cuppa joe.
    About 1 in 5 had shaved legs. 1 in 3 wore 2 earrings. 1 in 20 wore 1 earring. Granted, most of these men were running or biking, and very fit, so the shaved legs/fitness thing comes into play. I don't think the same numbers would apply to truck drivers. This is also a very affluent area, so I think the men might spend more time and money on appearance. If you read a mens fashion magazine (now there's an oxymoron), or watch a chick flick, you'll notice young males are generally clean shaven down to the toes ( with the rather odd exception of armpit hair). - Just my casual observations-Celeste

I will just have to live with hairless legs, I could live even better with a hairless face.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm one of those people who has very little body hair. It's been great as far as Cding goes, less work in upkeep. The outside of my legs are naturally almost hairless, it's only the inside where they touch that grows sparse hair. Think it must be genetic as I also have a full head of long hair in my later years, even if it's rather grey. Must have picked up some of Moms programing while I was still a zygote. ;-)

Some people are naturally less hairy. Face is another matter, I'm kept busy clearing the stubble.

Glenda

Once my boss called me aside after a meeting and asked if I was in chemo! I assured him that no, I bike and swim a lot and then I confided in him, "Nothing says 'old guy' like gray chest hair..."

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    My point - We often read posts that people won't notice these things, but the truth is, they will, at least some of them, some of the time. Of course, if you don't care, that's fine. If you do, take heed.
    People BETTER notice my legs, they are hot as hell. Tanned, shapely, MMMM, I am gonna have to send myself a naughty PM telling myself what i would do with my legs. I mean they are hawt!
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

If I am looking I would notice but no judgement from me nor my wife. I like mine shaved so y'all feel free to look and if judgement is passed so be it.

Good one Cissy! I also believe that a lot of people notice and do not say anything. The problem comes in when it is someone that you know and you do not want them starting to put two and two together with trimmed eyebrows, sometimes shiny and longer nails and that weird interest in women's fashion magazines. When that happens it may be only a matter of time before they add it all up to 4, and come to the almost obvious conclusion that you are into something strange.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    When that happens it may be only a matter of time before they add it all up to 4, and come to the almost obvious conclusion that you are into something strange.
    This should be rephrased to "different" rather than "strange". If we believe that we are strange, how can we expect other folks to accept us?
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Unhappy seriously

There are so many reasons why a man may shave his legs. From better "aerodynamics" in cycling to the simple joy of the smooth feeling. Does it really matter? I hope in a few years from now people may be talking about the men who chose to go hairy just as much as this topic.

It is threads like this that terrify me of truly being happy. I'd love to be able to go out shaved and in pantyhose but instead I am stuck in the closet.

Sorry I never intended for my first post to be a rant!

Silver Member
    OMG... so the point is your wife noticed???

How about the point being that your wife noticed and DIDN'T CARE??!?!?!?

---

And maybe your wife was a little more prone to noticing these things because her husband is a crossdresser?
    Last edited by Bree-asaurus; 12-04-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Grammar fix

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    This should be rephrased to "different" rather than "strange". If we believe that we are strange, how can we expect other folks to accept us?
    I agree with you, Jamie. I know some people have to remain in the closet for their own safety and well-being. But I do believe we need to get away from the shame and guilt, and feeling and acting like crossdressing is strange or weird or something that needs to be hidden away for its own sake if we're going to make quicker progress towards acceptance. And I believe acceptance starts with self-acceptance. I see so many threads around here about hiding things, about what kinds of lies to tell people who question, etc. I will admit I'm not out to a lot of people, but I have shed the guilt and shame and learned to embrace who I am and am out to a lot of the key people in my life. I think shedding the guilt and shame also helps when it comes to increasing one's self confidence. People talk about how being confident can go a good ways towards being accepted while out and about. Real confidence can be hard to come by if you think what you're doing is 'wrong" somehow.

Ladies, lighten up, it was a fun post. We are more than strange and weird and different, we are us and that is more important. Beautiful us, blessed or cursed with this affliction or whatever you want to call it or describe it. I am happy. When you worry about it you tend not to be happy. So, don't worry, be happy. as someone in the past used to sing.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Hmmm. I just want to know if you got a green envy look of hurt in your face and demanded to know just why she was looking at "his" legs, and ask her how she would feel if you looked at every guy's legs to.......wait,,, no no no, that is coming out wrong.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I have had my legs shaved for two or three years now, and I will never go back to being hairy - I love the feel of smooth legs. I wear shorts in the summer time, and I KNOW it has been noticed by the neighbors, and maybe the folks at the local stores. Not one of them has made a comment to me about my legs being shaved. I am still invited for the barbeques at the neighbors, and the people in the local stores still smile and make small talk while they take my money. I guess what this all means is that the vast majority of people don't really care what you do as long as 1) You don't embarrass them and 2) You choose to not care what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post

Now I'm not one to stalk or stare, but later, I saw him and I could see leg hair so he either had very light hair or perhaps he shaved from his knees down.

My point - We often read posts that people won't notice these things, but the truth is, they will, at least some of them, some of the time.

Of course, if you don't care, that's fine. If you do, take heed.
    Methinks maybe your wife is a little more tuned to that since her hubby dresses?

Maybe he was wearing pink panties and a lace cami too? Maybe he likes to watch sunsets naked in a bathtub? Maybe it doesn't matter.

Consider this, until they invented the safety razor women didn't shave. Why did they after that? The hemlines went up and only older women had leg hair whereas younger maybe less experienced women were smooth. It was not anything more than trying to appear younger...sort of like guys without beards. Thank you Gillette and Schick.

You know I noticed a guy in a Dashiki the other day and I thought...maybe he is African. He wasn't he was from India. Just shows you that what you see isn't what is real. What else do you do for a hobby when you are not looking at men's legs?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Silver Member
    Shaving can also cause ingrown hairs, not just tearing the hair out of the follicle.

If it was an older man (over 50-55), the hair below the knees may be thinning due to age (and worsening circulation.)

Silver Member
    Some people are more susceptible to ingrowns. I've maybe gotten... 3 my entire life from shaving, Magic Powder, epilating, etc.