Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clothes or face?

Makeup addict!

Clothes or face?

Do you as a crossdresser have a greater inclination to dress in female clothes or in have the face with a wig? What was it when you began?

I've always preferred the clothes over the female face more. I've always loved wearing women's clothes (and I don't look bad in a dress as a guy). The female part for me came when I was a teenager and found out you could make your face look feminine and wear a wig to complete the illusion, which I decided to do

When I started, it was just my face/nails. Over time it has shifted and now the clothes are more important, but both is best, when I have time.

Platinum Member
    I try to present the entire package. I feel incomplete without wig, make up and ear rings, just as I'd feel odd if I was wearing make up and wig, but male clothing.

If I were to choose between face and clothes, it is usually clothes. There are many days I dress and stay in the house, some times with a wig, and many times without make up. The makeup (full makeup) is generally only when I am going out.
    Stephanie

At home I don't need the wig or make up, just the clothes. If I am going out then I prefer the whole package although I've just blended some of the clothes with a little or no make up.

It's the clothes and wig first. If I can look good, that's a bonus.

For me it is usually the compllete package, If I put on the clothes it just isn't right without the wig and makeup.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Clothes always win out

I always go with the entire look. No half measures here. As Yoda said to Luke "Do or do not!" Anyway, the face gets framed with the hair and enhanced with cosmetics, thereby securing the illusion. The face really is about 90% of the sale though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I go all the and have done so since the 1960's, I first started in 1956 with femmy clothes and lipstick, as time went by I expanded my horizons, and my waist.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

The clothes make me although the hair and make-up also make me, truthfully, if I go out with my wife I will let her decide about the hair and make-up. Usually if it is just me out and about it can be either way. Nontheless, absolutely no judjement from me against anybody.

The first time fully dressed was a senior in high school and a GG friend asked me to be her wing"woman" when she went to a dance at her boyfriends school, of course we had to do a few outings before the day of the dance. We had a blast. My secret was I never let on that I enjoyed the clothes long before this.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    "clothes maketh the (wo)man" ... I would say if I'm wearing more than just one or two items then I need to wear a wig and full makeup to feel "right". The worst look for me personally (just my own personal choice for me you understand ...no offense meant to others) is that I not look like "a female body" with clothes etc but then have a male head on top of it (i.e. no makeup or wig).
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's all or nothing for me. If I dress, it's ALL THE WAY! Or, I skip it and go on line and chat about it!

Fortunately, it only takes about 10 seconds to put my "face" on!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It's just the clothes for me. What little hair I have on my head is kept real short, and I have a beard and moustache, which my wife likes, so even if I wanted to do makeup it would look funny! But I've got no desire to even try makeup - although I do keep my toenails covered in a nice red polish all the time, and my fingernails are usually covered in a clear coat. At times I'm content just wearing hose, sometimes it's bra, panties, and hose, sometimes I add a nice pair of heels, sometimes I add a skirt, or a skirt and blouse - it totally depends on my mood, whether we've got anything planned for the day, whether the kids and grandkids are coming over, etc.
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I need the whole nine yards - 'guy in a dress' look doesn't appeal to me.

It started with the clothes and its only been a decade or so that I've been working on my makeup and hair techniques.... and modifying my body to be more feminine....... now it's all or nothing.... any single thing just doesn't work for me....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The cloths were what got me crossdressing, but I have to admit, the makup and primping has become one of the best parts. I'd have to go for the whole package.......that and I don't dress near as ****ty anymore (well not as often, its still fun occasionally)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

If I had to choose, I would say clothes. I am often quite comfortible at home in a skirt and a t-shirt.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

It was clothes at first (I was 8 or so) and then it evolved to expressing my femininity as a complete woman.
    I don't always wear my wig and makeup at home, but I'm always complete when I go out.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    I began with lingerie and all the other stuff followed. At home, I still love to lounge around in lingerie whether or not I do makeup and hair. If I'm going to be in the company of others, I always do hair and makeup (even though it takes me about an hour) because I want to be "seen" as a woman, not a guy in a dress.

Clothes wig and shaved all the time and a little makeup to go out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    The whole nine yards for me. It's all or nothing. I always put on some makeup even if I'm staying at home. Who know's who will come to the door and I might want to go out.

It's both,the whole look and feel. one without the other does little to nothing for me.

I.go all female or all male, no half way.

It takes me about three hours to dress inc shaving & makeup.

I prefer to make up and dress completely- well, more than completely, over the top. To answer the question, I look at my photos, and it looks like the vast majority (over 90%) are mug shots. So I guess it's makeup and wig for me as most important. Without them, I'm a guy in a dress.