Thread: Acting

Platinum Member

Acting

I was just on the phone with another consultant working through some issues for a client. I'm just beginning my day, so I'm in a sitting at my desk (at home) in my wig, bra/panties, forms and a dressing gown. But to the person on the other end of the phone, I'm a typical male business person...courteous, professional and apparently male.

As I hung up the phone I felt a little dishonest. Certainly, the guy on the other end has no need to know...nor any interest in how I happen to be dressed. Still, I "feel" more like the woman I attempt to present as, and I'm a bit disconcerted by how readily I can shift between the two modes. I suppose its a bit like a character actor that can convincingly affect an accent. Presentation of self always is, to some extent an act. Which leads one to ask, which is the act and which is the real person.

Banned Read only
    As a retiree I still have to interact with people via telephone. Yes, just like you the person has no idea that I am dolled up in a lovely dress, slip, hosiery, heels, the works. It has become so natural I'd say I do not even think about it anymore. I find myself doing some of the same mannerisms all women do; smoothing the skirt of my dress as I sit down, brushing away a wayward strand of hair, etc.

I think if I were to become a widower I would get up each morning and dress as a woman because I've become so accustom to Stephanie pushing her male personna out of the way.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Just wait for the day when everything will be video phones, and you can have a video conference call. LOL So much for answering the phone while on the toilet. LOL
    Maybe you are a lizard, Chameleon, who can change "colors" to suit their environment. No act just multi dimensional!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

The avvy pic isn't me
    It is a bit of an interesting dichotomy Kim, although i don't think it's anywhere close to being a bad type of dishonesty.

But yeah, i think we can all understand how it feels to some extent.

When I'm dressed, I'm still "me" inside. Dressing has changed the "me" somewhat, but I can easily forget that I'm wearing boobs and female clothing. My wife worries that I may forget well enough to answer the door in a dress, but so far, that hasn't happened. The postman just left a package on the doorstep and I want so badly to open the door and get it, but since I'm dressed, I'll wait the hour or so until my wife comes home and brings it in.

I probably do need to work on my acting, but that will be to act more like a female when dressed.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I know what you mean Kim, I've answered my phone many times while dressed. It was especially weird when I was also touching up my make up, seeing Candice in the mirror but hearing my male voice...

They are both acts.... don't think anyone knows the real person behind the mask..... including ourselves.......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yeah, I can relate to that Kim. I know it is the same me inside, but my professional mode presents as a male and is known as a male, so it is oddly like acting. Today I ran an on-line tutorial for some Distance Learning students all over the world. One in the States, one in Indonesia and the rest in-between. No video, just audio, But I was dressed as Kaz... no make-up though. I have sort of got used to it and yes it is like acting I think.

I haven't had any serious Kaz time for a month or so now, but have had occasions when I can stay away for a few days for work. I found it very interesting waking up and seeing Kaz in the mirror. I would then get into male mode and go to work. As as I hit the apartment after work I transformed back into Kaz until the next morning! Same issue... who was the actor and who was the part they were playing?

Maybe Karren's right! Maybe Kaz and the 'other guy' are both acts!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Until I start to conduct business and have a female drivers license I will always be an act when dressed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The only time it is an act Kim is when we are behaving unlike the person we really are inside, outward appearance notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning