Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding a crossdressing friend.

amytrans

Finding a crossdressing friend.

Purge Purge Purge Purge Purge
    Last edited by amytrans; 01-17-2013 at 02:51 PM.

I found someone on deviantArt who happened to be a crossdresser who doesn't live that far from me. My band played their 21st birthday party a few days ago. That was just lucky though I think, as dA is an art site and not specifically about crossdressing. There are sites out there where you can search for crossdressers in your area but very few people on them are looking for friendship
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Amy, I missed my cd friend so much I joined a site.It had the mix lunatic to amazing but, nobody replaced dear friend.For every sweet person there were many more unstable. The last person I met was the end of this, he was very closeted and we never did anything enfemme on the out side nor took pictures due to fears after we stopped speaking sends a letter accusing outing,we live in different states and I reconnected with my ex ...I let him go because it was nothing like my dolls I still speak to more like a person who needed help. Looking back which is good to do, in his male mode would never have hung out in the first place and in girl mode would have prefered helping the get ready process which was what I was looking for in the first place . As much as you may want a friend for dolling up and clubbing, it seems to me taking the time to like and know who your dealing with is even more so important.
    Last edited by Confetti; 12-05-2012 at 10:11 AM.

ive been closeted 39 yrs and only in the last 2 months, have i been looking for friends. Ive made contact, but not "met" anyone left! But i still keep hoping ill meet someone i can befriend, and discuss dressing w/, and shop ..

melissa

Yep, I find it can be lonely... I'm in the same boat as you: my GF is supportive and understanding, but doesn't really enjoy or encourage me to dress-up. It'd be nice to be able to meet a friend or two to hang out with... aaaaand maybe share clothes/shoes?

Yes indeed it can be lonely. I have been fortunate to find three local crossdressers (one is no longer a crossdresser, she had SRS and is now clearly a woman). I've met them to go shopping, walking in local parks etc.

Hannah

i know how you feel i'm still looking myself. I agree with Confetti that not only do you both have to be dressers you also have similar tastes and interests outside of dressing and be in a similar spot in life, closeted, not closeted. super hard to find. but i'm still looking.
    Last edited by daphne_pynk; 12-05-2012 at 11:46 AM.

I know for a fact that there are a lot of girls out there that want be your friend.... just make sure your on the same page as to what the definition of friendship is before you go down that path.... And I have dressed with a couple local girls before.... and it really didn't do anything for me.... Personally I'm not lonely and enjoy the fact that this is the only hobby that I'm totally in control of..... I love going out enfemme alone.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Amy, when I started dressing I knew immediately that I wanted to, and probably needed to, go out in the real world to enjoy it. So, my first quest in all this was to find a person with a similar desire for going out and nothing more. It took some time but over the last 5 plus years I have met some wonderful people (most from this site), most of whom I have met both in male and female modes. Yes, it is important that you are all on the same definition as to what a companion in crime, sidekick, or whatever you like to refer to each other as is in order to avoid unnecessary awkward moments that may significantly alter or destroy the friendship.

How to find a friend to me is easy. Start being a friend to everyone, be proactive in finding someone who lives near you or travels to where you live with whom you can meet, male or female mode, first to see if there is some type of initial connection, reach out to others and go to local meet ups even if the overall scene is not one you like. You can always network and maybe find a few fun and trusting friends. It takes work, will probably not overnight and in the end is well worth the effort.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Amy,

I'm trying the local Beaumont Society meeting this weekend (web page is down at the moment) so was wondering if they may have a group near you. Desperate to get out more myself, I'm hoping that I get to meet some like minds in a more open environment.

I'll post up after Saturday night on my experience.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I think this site goes a long way toward dealing with the lonelieness problem. But finding the exact person who "fits" with you, or any of us, can be very difficult I think...I have been to a couple of CD group dressing sessions and while they were great, finding a real connection did not happen...and I have dressed with a couple of girls at my home, too, and that was not quite right, either....even within the CD "family" there are a great deal of varying interests....I hope you keep looking, and find someone...if you ever want to chat about anything girly please feel free to email me....

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I was quite fortunate a couple of years ago to be contacted by another CD who lives an hour away. She introduced me to a LGBT friendly club about 40 minutes in another direction and from there I managed to make about a dozen friends here in the PNW. I've also joined a TG support group in Seattle and making a bunch more friends. There's a ton of CD's out there hiding under every rock, and a bunch more like yourself getting out and ready to make friends.

Post your location and invite other CD's to contact you. Pretty soon you'll find one who gets out and will come by and visit and open a whole new world to you.

PS. I also have a CD girlfriend who loves to go out on her own. Been doing it for decades. She also will occasionally come to our local club and parties. We just never go out together for anything else though!
    [/SIZE]

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    I don't know where you are in Scotland but there are meetings in Buchlyvie, Dunblane and Perth. Just message me for details. Get in quick you might even consider going to one of the Christmas dinners

What Pauline said. There used to be the monthly gathering in Kinghorn in Fife at Hide 'N' Sleek but TBH I haven't been in ages. A bunch of us regularly head out to the Polo Lounge in Glasgow's Merchant city, next date is 21st Dec for Xmas.
    There are quite a few of us out there and I have not yet been propositioned by an other TV.......
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

Well you know we're here now Amy. Only you can know how you feel and what pace you want to take.
    Changing is always a problem, I have the same issue regularly. A local freind provides me a mirror and some changing space before we head out.
    You just missed the Miss TV event in Dunfermline back in October (google it for more info) and of course the biggest thing on the T calendar in the UK is Sparkle in the Manchester Village each July. Often used by many for their first outing, when you're one of a thousand or so you tend to just blend in and feel lot less self conscious
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

I echo what Allie says, and count myself blessed to be one of her friends. Try this: when you find a post or answer to a thread from someone on the forum who seems sympatico, check their location and eventually you'll find someone who lives near you, so send her a private message asking if she'd like to hookup sometime? You won't bat 1.000 but eventually you'll find a friend, this is how I got started

I'd say I'm always on the lookout for friends. I'm in a similar situation where my wife knows, understands, and has gone out to dinner with me twice, but doesn't really want to do anything else (i.e. shopping). Going out alone can be tons of fun, but having someone there to chat, provide a second opinion, and, as I found out recently, zip you up could be so much better. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled and my ears open for people who share my interests and definition of friendship as I bet you'll be doing.

Good luck!

-Bree

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Contact the LGBT office in your area and see if they have a local CD/TG support group.I found quite a few that way.

I was lucky enough to meet a very good friend through this forum. We, and our spouses, get together quite often for adventures, shopping trips, or simply for dinner or a movie.

I value this friendship highly because, out of all my friends, this is a person who truly "gets it." If a pretty pair of shoes walks past there is no need to filter my thoughts as I would with Muggle friends. We can just relax and be ourselves regardless of mode.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Still looking for that friend haha. Its not something brought up in normal conversation that I just ask people "Hey are you a CD?" lol, I wish it was that easy.
    ‎"Music is a lie. It is a lie. Art is a lie. You have to tell a lie that is so wonderful that your fans make it true." -Lady Gaga

Monique Youtube

Just the same as others. Always looking but never able to make that connection. I would love to have a coffee and chat. Get to know someone with the same interest and situations as I have been in or will go through. Always nice to have a go to person. Anyways, thanks for allowing me to make the statement, and if you care to, write.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I too have been in search of a friend. Attempted to contact a few in the area but so far they are all out in left field. So many want to stay hidden or aiming for sexual contact. When u mention shopping and make up and hair they seem to disappear. I have been closeted for over 28 yrs and it is time for me to make the venture out into the world but am just a bit afraid to do it alone. It would be great to have a cd or gg friend who can help with the fine points of completing my look and who would be willing to spend a day out and about.
    Alone in WI
    Mellissa

Greetings from devon cornwall border in uk
    Quote Originally Posted by amytrans View Post
    Does anyone find crossdressing can feel a bit lonley at times, my wife knows and understands but doesn't wish to join me dressed.I'm wondering if anyone else has found through the internet any crossdressing friends with whom they meet up and can crossdress in private. It's just I'm not sure my wife would be too keen on this though, I don't want anything sexual just friendship with someone who also crossdresses and I can visit to have a glass of wine and a bit of a blether (chat)

I joined a group in my area and we not only have meetings once a month but we also have outings fairly often. Going out to restaurants, clubs, shopping, all sorts of things. It is nice because it is not only crossdressers it also includes some GG's as well.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I have been dressing for a long long time now and about ten years ago I finally decided to go out one evening just for a drive. So I got all dressed up everything waited until dark and backed out of the garage (what a rush that was) then truned on the main road and went out in the country about 10 miles on the new highway. Turned off of it and went out to one of the many park areas near my home drove in to that park and like most times in the early fall no one was park so I did. Got out and went for a little walk about the time I came back to the car I could see the headlights of someone else driving in I was close to my car and just hopped in. Started my car up and back out of the space I was in. By that time I could see the other car was a county sheriff I just making his rounds I suppose I just countinued to drive out of the park made my turn onto the county road, and went back home. I was one of the biggest rushs I have had. When I got home there was an e-mail from a gal I had been chatting with for quit a while she was from a city way north of me and wanted to meet sometime. I do go up that way for some fishing so told her I would make a trip up her way very soon and would get back to her with the dates. I also told her that I had just gotten back from my first time out. She wrote back the next day saying she would look forward to my coming and that I should bring some clothing along with me. About two weeks later I did do just that. We met and she was so much fun just talking to her I knew that we had a lot in common. I did go on to the cabin the evening I dressed and went back to her town she had a place she goes to a lot so went there and had a very nice dinner. We drove to a bigger city about a hour away and went to a bar with a lot of folks like us there as well it was a blast. All this to say that I have a good friend and a lot of contacts because of her making it possible for me to get out and enjoy my hobby. diane-burf