Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a random thought on denial

Just a random thought on denial

Walking out of the local building supply center today, I saw a truck with a drywall logo on the door. The guy just happened to be loading stuff in the back. I'm always on the lookout for new subcontractors so I sauntered over and asked for his card. When he gave it to me - I looked and introduced myself and said "glad to meet you Jason". He said no that is his project managers card - the company is printing him new ones. I said " Cool. New shinny cards" and he replies "They can be whatever, as long as they ain't pink".

THAT'S when I started looking.
    Looking for pierced ears, manicured nails, tweezed brows etc. Anything that might give him away. Not that I really expected to find anything - and I didn't - and he probably wouldn't have said such a defensive statement if he knew who he was inside already.

But I did start to wonder - if he was still in denial? I mean that seems to be what we do before we admit it to ourselves a lot of the time isn't it? Fight the hell out of "I'm not transgendered (or gay, or anything else to be inserted here)" Deny who we are by puffing up our chests and talking as low as we can.
    I can't stand pink. Call any guy who even appears to be on the less than macho side "gay". Make raunchy jokes about women etc.

It's sad because they don't know what they are missing. But at the same time I'm jealous, since they don't have to put up with the majority of society that makes people like myself and hold up in some kind of protective cocoon from all the hate out there.

Oh well, time to start getting ready to call it a day and head home for my nightly half glass of wine. ( for medicinal purposes only you see ). And ponder much more.

Many of us have played sports we wern't good at, gone to bars and hung with the tough crowd and done things we were ashamed of in the serch of who we really are. It took me 50 years to find out that I can't throw a football, don't like bars, can't stand hunting but love fast cars.
    I also like silk, long dresses and high boots, none of these fit in the world I used to live in.
    Am I happier now, I'll have to get back to you an that, as soon as the new boots I ordered get here.LOL
    Besider that cold beer is almost empty.
    Wonderwho
    Last edited by Wonderwho; 12-06-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
    .... and someday I too will become a butterfly screamed the catapiller!!!

Banned Read only
    If you live your life in denial, you're all wet.

I don't understand the war on pink. Pink isn't even its own color. Pink is just light red.

I believe you are reading too much into it. The only thing you know for sure based on your conversation is that he doesn't like pink, assuming he is being honest.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

I wonder if the guy would like the pink tool boxes that Sears is selling! Perhaps one for his boss as well.What a great color! Graingers has pink hardhats and gloves and even pepper spray! I would only wear them with the sweatpants that say "I love Pink" across the butt.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I actually would put a pink tool box on my truck if I had one just for SH&%'s and giggles.

Banned Read only
    My big denial is that someday I'll grow up and outgrow this thing--I know better but sometimes I still get guilty feelings usually caused by some comment I hear when in guy mode. I still don't even know how to describe my-self. Am I CD, TV, TG, TS? I think I need some of that wine.

Oh, I have some of the prettiest, shiniest, sparkly pink nail polish you've ever seen. It's all I wear besides red.

I have pink steel toe work boots. (Mark's Work Wearhouse if you need some)-Celeste

Not making accusations about this particular young man Ally. It was just one of those random thoughts I had. Probably only because I myself went through it.
    The same struggle many, many people have and are going through. Be they MtF or FtM. It's a terrible internal battle with yourself.

When I was younger I had a pink nylon tie, I wore it everywhere without any comments.
    I just liked the tie.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi,

My fav colour has allways been pink pink is white & red to gether as equale ,& pink is a boys colour & blue was girls, what happened over the years then,to change that.

I never denied what i was, as it was a part of who i am as a person & was seen by others, just it was never ? nd,

& i never had the words to explain what or who i was intersex, think back 55 years well 65 when i was born.

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    THAT'S when I started looking.
    Looking for pierced ears, manicured nails, tweezed brows etc. Anything that might give him away. Not that I really expected to find anything - and I didn't - and he probably wouldn't have said such a defensive statement if he knew who he was inside already.
    It's true that more severe homophobia may reveal denial of someone's own same sex attraction. But isn't it common for guys to make random anti-gay wisecracks as a form of guy bonding? Also, you were looking for tell-tale signs of CDing, but most CDers are not gay men in denial?
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    Its the peer pressure of wanting to fit in and not be different that leads to the biggest denials. I also have spent years trying to fit in with the macho crowd.. because that was what was excpected.. living up to the standards others have set for me. I finally have had enoug hand want to live my life for me. When other people finally stop trying to live to please everyone else they can have a chance to find happiness. Though being the square peg isn't an easy journey!!

Steph

I wear pink shirts.....and pink panties.

Aspiring Member
    I just think he was being a "guy" talking to a "guy".

Now I love pink and I think it goes well being a redhead (If my hair hadn't fallen out, and if I hadn't gone grey...but I have one patch of red to prove it, snicker, sniker). I love all the reds for my nail colors including pink and everything in between.

I used to feel guilt thus the purges. Then I realized that was who I am. Then I looked deeper and woops, I'm a woman trapped in a man's body. When I look back at all the signs how the hell did I miss that for 51 years? Slow learner I suppose.

By the way, I just love these little random thoughts threads. A question or though just "pops" in our heads and we usually just dismiss it, but here we can put it out there and see where it goes. It's mostly fun and "girls just love to have fun".

A lot of it is societal conditioning. I see it in my young Grandsons. They would not "think" of doing anything girly because of pressure from their male peers. Although my youngest Grandson took me aside one day and admitted he would like to have a Barbie doll but not to tell anyone. Go figure!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I'm not sure why people put on such pretenses. One of my favorite male shirts was a very light "rose" color. I suppose some people might have thought it "pink". But my wife always tells me I look good in pastels

Originaly posted by ReineD
    "It's true that more severe homophobia may reveal denial of someone's own same sex attraction. But isn't it common for guys to make random anti-gay wisecracks as a form of guy bonding? Also, you were looking for tell-tale signs of CDing, but most CDers are not gay men in denial?"

Hi Reine,
    While your statement may be correct in its own content.. I wasn't referring to "gay" as being the subject matter. It was aimed at the actual denial process we go through. And as a CD, your correct, I am on the lookout for like minded individuals. Not gay men. Not for any other reason other than group association I am use to. I'm am very sure gay men (and women) go through some form of denial process as well.

Originally posted by AllyCDTV
    "I believe you are reading too much into it. The only thing you know for sure based on your conversation is that he doesn't like pink, assuming he is being honest."

Ally,
    Of course I'm reading into it on the level of color. He didn't have a problem with any other color in the spectrum. It was pink. If he was/is in denial, as far as orientation is concerned, he is going to be bashing anything feminine. Pink is associated with femininity. As is lace, perfume, long hair etc. Like Reine said - we do stupid things in the name of male bonding. Bashing in the name of denial is one.
    I'm just playing the odds here with my own thoughts. (Not that my intelligence with odds have ever done me any favors in Vegas either!) You may be right and it was a random color choice of the gazillion color choices.

Just for the record PINK is not red and white mixed -- it's magenta and white (a lot) and a touch of purple (or cobalt blue)---- red and white is more of a tomatoe soup and milk color -----yeah so what but I love RED and PINK, don't like to see thm degregated ..............................Debra

Maybe it's just avoiding unnecessary drama. Often when a straight guy uses a pink anything, that topic will be brought up back to him time and time again. So, why make life more difficult than it already is? I know lots of you lust after discussing and arguing with people about CD and TG topics, but some simply just want to get on with our lives with as little difficulty as possible. Example; as much as I like pink as a color for my dress, shoes, skirts, tops, even jewelry, even if it looks good that way, I wouldn't paint my car pink. It simply invites the inevitable questions and suppositions that I don't care to spend my life dealing with.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    Pink is associated with femininity.
    Perhaps in many cases it is but in my case, pink has a strong association with Pepto Bismol which I got a lot when I was a kid when I got sick, so for me pink > Pepto Bismol > sick.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by May(be) View Post
    I don't understand the war on pink. Pink isn't even its own color. Pink is just light red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    Just for the record PINK is not red and white mixed -- it's magenta and white (a lot) and a touch of purple (or cobalt blue)---- red and white is more of a tomatoe soup and milk color -----yeah so what but I love RED and PINK, don't like to see thm degregated ..............................Debra
    "Light red". It's a classic line from Red vs. Blue. And it was definitely associated with presenting as a female! Hilarious

Being in the building trades myself,one must get thier testosterone flowing at a great rate to perform and be in that state of mind so any thing "girlie" is not acceptable so the color in its connotation to being feminine (not gay) is a no-no.As far as looking for signs of a possible CDer does that mean all men with long hair are CDer's? If so I'm out of luck,and I'll have to let my eye brows get all bushy again and bite my nails or let them get all caked with dirt and such? It does not mean we are in denial it's just the nature of the beast.It is a very conflicting world we live in.I myself have never liked the color pink for the same reason I do not like the flavor of mushrooms I just dont ,plain and simple.

(Al)Lisa
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

In addition to a pink fire engine, we have a pink barge in Muskogee. All to raise awareness of breast cancer.

http://muskogeephoenix.com/local/x13...gs-in-big-cash