Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purse

Purse

So, I'm finding myself into purses all of the sudden am I alone?

margo

I'm always into purses cause I'm usually looking for something that almost always seems to be hiding from me, darn them.....it's usually lipstick.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I carry one all of the time, to hell with shallow pockets and small wallets!

What type of purses do you like? I can't stand seeing a woman with one of those great big things. I usually think: How distracting from her beauty.
    Stephanie

I usually carry a larger purse, for more formal setting a clutch purse.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I never thot about purses the first 12 years of my dressing. Then, I planned to dress and go out. Suddenly I needed purses! My preferred style is "large". So I can carry Sherry with me in case the occasion calls for her!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I carry a mid-sized purse over my shoulder whenever I go out.
    The biggest benefit is all of the neat stuff I can carry in there. Need painkillers? They're in the purse!

Hand sanitizer? Purse!
    Changepurse? Purse!
    A smaller purse? Purse!

Aspiring Member

Shoulder bags for me

I carry a shoulder bag all the time these days regardless of my mode of dress. It is just so much more convenient than trying to stuff all that junk into pockets. And pockets on fem jeans are too small for much beyond a handkerchief.

I have nylon and leather ones that I rotate through on no particular schedule.

Purses win,
    Sandra1746

Interestingly, I have been thinking about purses all day today. I am thinking about going to buy one tomorrow. I will be looking for a nice leather shoulder bag , medium sized, with enough room for keys, a femme wallet and some lipstick plus tissues.

First off- women don't carry anything in their pockets. The vestigial remains of them on jeans is a reminder they were stolen from men's wear.

My THING is purses. I have every type, by every designer. Different purses have different uses, from tiny clutches that just fit a lipstick and a credit card, to those that will double as an overnighter. One of my real peeves is cheap purses. I see too many otherwise good outfits ruined by a Walmart bag. Long strapped shoulder bags ( although they are called cross body, rarely does anyone wear it across the chest, it really messes up most outfits, and runs right between the girls-generally unflattering) are very handy, but always check in a mirror to see it it's pulling down your blouse or jacket. They work best with tailored tops. A short handled bag, worn over the forearm, is the most flattering for most outfits, but requires some getting used to. Don't put you hand in your pocket to counter the weight. The most comfortable, in my opinion, is the shorter strapped shoulder bag, where the bag is right under the armpit. It offers security, and stays put when using both hands.
    My preferences run toward quality bags. I think you should bite the bullet on one good bag, a Coach, for example at about $200. Consignment stores often have designer bags at really good prices. Your purse gets as much wear and tear as your shoes. It gets thown on the floor, kicked around, opened 50 times a day, and rubs against everything. They really take a beating. I'd rather wear a walmart t-shirt with a Fendi bag than vice versa. I drive a ten year old grand-am, but have 25 designer purses. Priorities.-Celeste

Definitely NOT alone!!!!

I always carry a purse, would not be without it,

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    First off- women don't carry anything in their pockets. The vestigial remains of them on jeans is a reminder they were stolen from men's wear.

My THING is purses. I have every type, by every designer. Different purses have different uses, from tiny clutches that just fit a lipstick and a credit card, to those that will double as an overnighter. One of my real peeves is cheap purses. I see too many otherwise good outfits ruined by a Walmart bag. Long strapped shoulder bags ( although they are called cross body, rarely does anyone wear it across the chest, it really messes up most outfits, and runs right between the girls-generally unflattering) are very handy, but always check in a mirror to see it it's pulling down your blouse or jacket. They work best with tailored tops. A short handled bag, worn over the forearm, is the most flattering for most outfits, but requires some getting used to. Don't put you hand in your pocket to counter the weight. The most comfortable, in my opinion, is the shorter strapped shoulder bag, where the bag is right under the armpit. It offers security, and stays put when using both hands.
    My preferences run toward quality bags. I think you should bite the bullet on one good bag, a Coach, for example at about $200. Consignment stores often have designer bags at really good prices. Your purse gets as much wear and tear as your shoes. It gets thown on the floor, kicked around, opened 50 times a day, and rubs against everything. They really take a beating. I'd rather wear a walmart t-shirt with a Fendi bag than vice versa. I drive a ten year old grand-am, but have 25 designer purses. Priorities.-Celeste
    Bah!
    My wal-mart purse gets a lot of miles and it's still in pretty good shape.

Bear in mind that not only do I have no sense of style, I'm also pretty broke.
    :P

I could never carry a used purse though, it's just too personal.

been thinking a lot about purses lately since the skinny jeans and skirts I'm statring to wear don't have pockets. I've never been good at remembering things when I am carrying them and forgetting a purse containing cash ID and other valuables is frightening. Somthing big enough to be useful may be giving me more exposure than I want right now. Ont the other hand I saw a pink Betty Boop small suitcase that is just me. So do they make idiot purses like Idiot mittens? A small clutch style is less obvious but is it useful.
    So many questions. Time for a long relaxing shower to wash my hair and shave my legs and cogitate the night away. Someday I will wind up with a bunch of purses I'm sure.
    hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Didn't think much about purses until I decided to start venturing out. Now, I have 2. But, I'm thinking about getting more to accessorize. Besides, I just like saying "Where's my purse?" Makes me feel so feminine.
    Living and Loving in God's Grace,
    Anne

I have always worn a shoulder bag and I am still trying to keep it there. I need more practice even after 10 years.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I carry a nylon purse in male mode that looks like a miniature messenger bag. Very handy and I really would hate to going back to having stuffed pockets!

The downside is that I can't carry that bag in femme mode because it is recognizable! I switch to more femme shoulder bag when I go out dressed. I also have a few evening clutches for more dressy events.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Just last night I was deep into mine as a GG friend was laughing at me trying to find car keys. I like clutches and smaller purses generally. I do enjoy looking for them though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

I too use a messenger type bag almost every day it's black leather and I love it. I hate loading down my pockets.
    I love shoulder bags (although keeping them on my shoulder seems to be impossible) and have a couple. I also have a small cute red leather across the body bag that's nice for going to clubs. I'm finding myself drooling over a beautiful dooney & burke bag I found on ebay now.

margo

I always carry a purse. My wife has bought me a couple types depending on the mood / outing. There is times where she wants me to carry some of her items in my purse.

heres a picture of my little leather purse (looks like I like rings too)

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by MssHyde; 12-08-2012 at 02:14 PM.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Cheyenne,
    Darlin I can't take my eyes away from your legs, er I mean nails, I mean purse !

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Darlin,
    Your entire picture is awesome & breathe taking.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Love purses - always wear a medium size leather shoulder bag

Oh sure. I just had a purse problem; I am not fully acclimated to carrying a purse everywhere. My purse strap got caught in the door of my friends nice SUV. Door got jammed shut and the purse strap got cut almost in half. Then I bought a slightly used purse at a thrift store--they have lots. And I have two tiny special event purses to go with evening gowns and party dresses.