Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FIFTEEN DAYS folks. Just for fun...?

Banned Read only

FIFTEEN DAYS folks. Just for fun...?

[And this thread is for those of you just itchin' to leap out of your closets but haven't yet]

Aren't you going to feel awful silly IF Dec 21st rolls around, and you wake up to news on every single TV and radio channel that an asteroid just 2 kilometers in diameter was spotted overnight and will hit the earth at 1725 EST with catastrophic consequences?

Those Mayans WERE pretty smart folks. I wonder how many of them might have been CDers?

My understanding of the so called Mayan Prophicies is that they have nothing to do with the End of the World, but are concerned with the world entering a new epoch.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 12-06-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Don't worry, 3W. Unless you're Mayan? Only Mayan's world ends then!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

By this time, the experts would have some idea of where the extraterrestrial object is expected to land. That would be enough time to get everybody moved out of the way in an orderly manner.

The possibility of an asteroid or other object striking Earth was discussed on Quirks and Quarks on 2012/12/01. A podcast of the radio show can be found at www.cbc.ca/quirks. It amazed me how many of the small objects have already been found and mapped.

I'm sure there are people working on how to respond to an emergency such as this. Perhaps something could be sent up to nudge the object into a safe trajectory. The little bit I heard of the interview suggested the unsafe zone was very small. There is no need to be dramatic and destroy the object, as that may create more problems than it solves.

I would be more interested in survival than crossdressing, but that's me.

The Mayan calendar ends on 12/21/2012 - our calendar ends on 12/31/2012. Fortunately we have thought ahead and already have the next calendar in place; the Mayans figured that their calendar was long enough that they wouldn't be around to need a new one, so they didn't bother making one. If there are any practicing Mayans still around they're probably laughing at us (while they're putting the finishing touches on their new calendar!).
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

I thought the world was supposed to end on Jan 1 2000........Y2K
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I'm not holding my breath or counting on it Hon. I do know what will occur is a paradigm shift from the previous "norm" and way of doing things. In fact just about every institution has more or less already crashed and it's all running by inertia. it should be interesting in any case.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

a paradigm shift from the previous "norm" .......like maybe men will start wearing dresses?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I would feel pretty silly if I heard something like that on the TV or radio because the only way that I could be hearing that is if somebody slipped me a tab of acid and I was hallucinating.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

How ironic if we somehow survive the end of the world, only to fall off the fiscal cliff 10 days later!
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppina View Post
    By this time, the experts would have some idea of where the extraterrestrial object is expected to land. That would be enough time to get everybody moved out of the way in an orderly manner.
    Where did you get that idea? With the past 5 years, 2 dinosaur killers have buzzed within the moon's distance from earth and both were spotted AFTER they passed. We have completely insufficient asteroid/comet detection in place. And I suppose it's because it doesn't matter anyway. We couldn't do anything about it if we did see one.

As for moving people, depending on the asteroid, that may or may not help. Do you know how many people you have to move, and how far you have to move them if a 1,000' tsunami was approaching the East Coast of the USA? And if you do survive, it may just be long enough to suffer nuclear winter and die of cold or starvation.

Banned Read only
    I still think it would be great if something weird or out of the ordinary would happen. Of course no one gets hurt or anything.

Banned Read only
    A lot of folks believe in Ancient Aliens. And that mankind, thousands of years ago, MUST have had some type of outside help or influence, in order to account for some still unsolved puzzles. Just one of them. VVV

http://www.lost-civilizations.net/inca-nazca-lines.html

Wouldn't it be cool IF... maybe... "they" said they would return to earth on Dec 21st, 2012?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I have no idea but I did read this:

"The belief that the world will end on December 21 - 2012 derives in part from archaeoastronomical speculation, alternative interpretations of mythology and alleged prophecies from extraterrestrial beings. Modern astronomers and scientists have rejected the apocalyptic forecasts and NASA likens fears about 2012 to those about the Y2K bug in the late 1990s, suggesting that an adequate analysis should stem fears of disaster.

There is a one incident that all astronomers and scientists agree on. It is a galactic alignment. In the mid-1990s, John Major Jenkins asserted that the ancient Maya intended to tie the end of their calendar to the winter solstice in 2012, which falls on December 21. During the winter solstice in 2012, the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years. This means that "whatever energy" that typically streams to Earth from the center of the Milky Way will indeed be disrupted on December 21, 2012."
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I have no doubt that Dec 21 will pass like any other day, with the same odds of it being the last as Dec 20 and 22. I don't believe any of the Mayan crap. The point I was making is that, we're TOTALLY vulnerable to an asteroid strike and there is virtually zero protection against it and there can, very likely, be zero warning of impact.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    It really is just another reason to have one hell of a party on that day. One way or the other, you will be either going out celebrating, or celebrating that nothing happened. Win Win. Myself, I am looking forward to New Years Eve....

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

If the Mayans were so smart, how come they didn't see the Spanish coming.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Like all the other disasters the "Asteroid" will hit California at a place called San Francisco or maybe Holly Wood in that other city, I forgot it's name.
    This will devastate the Yew Nited Statse and leave the rest of the world that hasn't got any bomb shelters or doomsday preppers to get on with their lives.
    Thailand will still be the capital of the transgendered world and the Chinese Yuan will be the major currency and France will have another chance to launch it's language as the international language.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Well, IF there is even the slightest possibility that the world could or might end, isn't that as good a reason as any to break outa the closet? Sometime in the next 15 days? What better excuse could one have than the possible end of Humanity???

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    If the Mayans were so smart, how come they didn't see the Spanish coming.
    Actually, who says they weren't? The REAL Mayan's disappeared hundreds of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple8229 View Post
    Still...I would welcome that cold hard blue light shining in my bedroom window...me being levitated into the grey aliens ship...and being whisked away for a minute or a day...(BUT PRAY...no longer )
    And when they pull out that probe which they stick in a place that is not designed for things to go into?
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

While I don't believe oneway or the other, I do know that I have chosen to fully enjoy as much as possible in my life and hopefully all who know me have found life a bit better and more enjoyable. Of course just because their calander end on said date, doesn't mean that they weren't going to make another one to continue life. Hay we print most of our calanders every year.
    Asteroids: several heading this way, just a question of how soon, including one the size of Texas. Of course right now they say it should miss us by about1250 miles,but will still raise havock with our graviety.

When the aliens get me I just I hope I am dressed as Kaz and have packed my suitcase!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Don't worry, 3W. Unless you're Mayan? Only Mayan's world ends then!
    LMAO!!! I read where they are preparing rituals for the end of the world. Noth sure what that entails?? maybe a last meal or having clean underwear?? To funny

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    I thought the world was supposed to end on Jan 1 2000........Y2K
    Didn't it ??

Right. Just spotted overnight. No one noticed it until then. Sure. Oh yeah, I think the Mayan's world pretty much ended centuries ago. So much for their being able to predict the future, they didn't see THAT coming, did they!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.