Thread: mental set back

Aspiring Member

mental set back

So I have been trying to find a therapist and understand.d what ivwant to do with myself. Well yesterday was a set back. The girls on here have said that I should tell my SO and I agree. I have neen feeling out the situation and trying to gather how she feels about CD. She has stated in the past Yuck to things that kinda deal with it so I am treading lightly. I come home lastnight not 5 min in the door and she reads an article about transgender getting a unisex bathroom. She goes Yuck I can't believe it. She then forwards the news to me. In mind I am like "well I guess I know where I stand". Sheesh it let out all my air for sure. Well guess time will tell but man I am sad today!!

Steph

It’s often the case that people have preconceived ideas about other people based on what they have read and heard.
    That’s probably the case with crossdressing and your wife.
    And then they actually meet one of them and they see that they don’t have ‘two heads’ or something, they are actually nice people.
    In your case that person is you.

It seems almost inevitable that when she first finds out she is not going to be happy.
    You have a hard road ahead showing her that you are still you after you tell her.

I feel for you and others here in the same situation but there is no easy answer.

I wish you all the best Steph and keep coming back for encouragement, that’s what we are here for.

Suzy

Platinum Member
    No, that only tells you how she responded to the abstract notion of a trangender using a unisex bathroom. It doesn't tell you how she will respond to the knowledge that a loved one is transgendered. Its been my observation that people can be remarkably bigotted when the subject is a transgendered stranger, and remarkably more understanding and open-minded when its someone they know and love.

Try and find subject matter that is less extreme and probably more acceptable to her.
    Even if you know someone else that is transgendered that would soften her attitude as any one known is a lot better than total strangers.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    She reacted to a specific issue within the transgender space: sharing a bathroom. Women don't want men in their bathroom. Hell, our wives don't want us in their bathroom but they have to let us.

That stated, she will not understand any better than any other woman. Crossdressing is weird. And she may be on the negative side of the spectrum but be prepared with objective, third party material about cross dressing. And ask yourself, honestly, how solid is your relationship. If the foundation is good, you will get through this ok. If you fight all the time over little things, telling her will be a blow up.

Good luck

Don't let anyone else influence what you decide to do and when. You know your situation better than any of us. Take your time and and see how it goes. And there's nothing wrong with being in a closet some girls live their whole lives there and they do just fine.
    Myself I've been married 40 years and we just started discussing Margo last year and so far so good but I did it on my time and in my way.
    But hey that's just my 2 cents

And BTW, I couldn't agree more with what Jennifer said about bathrooms, they don't want us anywhere near "their bathroom" no matter what the circumstances. But I still use them when appropriate but ideally I look for family bathrooms.

best of luck whatever way you go

margo