Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you share pics of yourself dressed up on FB?

Wink

I have decided to delete post
    Last edited by DebbiAnne; 12-07-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Delete

No. Never put anything on facebook (or any other site) that you don't want the world to know about. I won't even put my vacation plans on facebook because the wrong people might find out I am away from home.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

No, I haven't. I haven't created myself a femme FB page as the site tracks too much, cross shares everything without your permission, has zero concern about your privacy, and the list goes on and on. While you have the folder set to private, sooner or later your going to be completely outed because of the site itself. They will change something at some point that will change the settings on you and unless you really don't care about it, I would be concerned.

Like Linda stated, once you put something on the internet, it's there. there is no way to completely remove it.

EDIT: here is an example of a recent change they made without telling anyone, When you post to a friends wall, comment or like, now everyone can see it, whether they are on your friends list or not. So if your make a dressing reference with one of the 10 GG's, someone you know could find it and out you without you even knowing they saw it and put 2 + 2 together.
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 12-07-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    No. Never put anything on facebook (or any other site) that you don't want the world to know about. I won't even put my vacation plans on facebook because the wrong people might find out I am away from home.
    I Totally Agree with you on this. Putting something on Face book is like putting it on the front
    page of every news paper in the US.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    I Totally Agree with you on this. Putting something on Face book is like putting it on the front
    page of every news paper in the US.
    Rader

Should be quite safe then. Very few people actually look at the front page anymore. Sports, entertainment, pretty much says it all.

Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm a closet dresser. So, Sherry has her own page with a different server! Nothing's held back from her many "Friends" there! Including quite a number from cd.com.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm so out that I don't care who sees me how. That being said, I also don't feel the need to share my pictures (few as there are) with the world. I'm really curious-what does it accomplish? Way to many of my friends post pictures of their breakfast. Facebook has become a vast digital wasteland that accomplishes little except act as an information gathering device for advertising companies. Is the world a better place after you've posted a picture of a kitten? Or if you share vacation shots with people who don't know you? Expiring minds want to know-Celeste

Platinum Member
    im not on FB and almost never share pictures of myself with anyone, on this site or elsewhere.

I've spent so much time & energy dressing up over the years that it's a shame to keep it all bottled up. I've chosen to share my pics with those that I believe to be open-minded. If I never did this, I would never had the discussions with one of my best friends, who has shown unbelievable support. I think most peolpe if they stumbled upon my pics wouldn't know who they were looking at since my pics are pretty convincing from the comments that I have received. If you go out in public you could be outted & it would be the same thing...so chose your poison...LOL

Pictures? Me? Every time I can.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    I had a facebook account but inadvertantly added some of the wrong pics from my flicker account that ended up being to provocative and I was kicked off instead of them asking me to remove them myself. I'll try again but it was under Cathie P not my guy name

NO, i try to stay off the spyware titled facebook.
    when you register up for there deal, you sign away your hard drive for there uses.

No, and never will unless I decide to transition and go full-time. Even then I probably would think long and hard before I did it.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I'm not out to anyone in real life, so absolutely no.
    Anything you post anywhere on the internet is equivalent to making it public forever ... but facebook is a whole other level of out there.
    Facebook is such a nice application, I love to use it ... I'd thought for a while about setting up a separate account for Ms Fakely, but ... facial recognition works really really well on facebook. The only reason they don't make a bigger deal out of it in marketing, etc, is that they don't want to freak people out, but that won't last forever .

be careful on facebook unless you just don't care who the hell knows :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I'm only out to my wife, and I want to keep it that way for the time being. Hence, I don't post pics of me dressed anywhere. Not even here.

Banned Read only
    A secret is best kept to one person-myself! If you are totally out that is totally different than keeping your lifestyle limited to a 'need to know' basis. Once something is posted on social media, you cannot prevent people from sharing your secrets with anyone they choose, either electronically or blabbing with the lips.

You also brought up the subject of the wife. Before posting such pictures you may want to discuss it with your wife..If you do get approval, then post pictures that are absent any recognizable features of your home and interior.

I do not use social networking sites at all. They can be extremely invasive.
    My only advice to you is include your wife in any activities outside the home.
    Do not jeopardise any arrangement with her by being deceitful.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Not only no....but HELL NO! I will not go on facebook anymore at all much less spill the beans about my most personal part of my life. The privacy settings are a joke there do not put any faith in them at all.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

No. Not on Facebook. No way. I only have the Flickr page, and what I do here. That's all.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by mfakley View Post
    but ... facial recognition works really really well on facebook.
    and yet I have posted picture sin both modes and when it asks about tagging me, it has never even connected the two...it has asked if I was someone else on my friends list (more than once).

Posting photos is personal, no one should if they don't want to post. But the fears are questionable. You know that if you go out at all there are cameras everywhere who have recorded you. So unless you are 100% never ever go out of the house, your picture is in some archives somewhere. I don't worry about such things. I will bet that sometime somewhere someone has used my picture to get a date on Craig's List or similar.

My generation had a song "Paranoia strikes deep, into your mind it will creep, starts when your always afraid..." If you post photos here, you are "out" (remember you don't have to be a member to see most of this site)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    My generation had a song "Paranoia strikes deep, into your mind it will creep, starts when your always afraid..."
    Ain't that the truth :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I dont post anything on my facebook. employers these days have access to everything for a back ground check and I dont like to let ppl who dont know me know my private life If I want them to know I will tell them in person. Some ppl just put too much stuff on their page to let us all know they woke up or went to bed. Realy. just wanna tell them to get out side and do something productive .
    Renee

Only on my FB femme account. Most of my friends on that are TG anyway, so any worry is moot. Many of them also know my guy side. At this stage in my life I have little to lose really and there isn't much they can do to me. What one chooses to share and the extent is always a choice anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yes I have a FB account for Annaliese but I do not connect it to any of my male life. Same with my fem e-mail and my male e-mail they are not connect. Don't even use the same browser for them.

I have a facebook page with one picture and very little personal info and I don't too much there. But I have done a lot of searching on google as well as from my drab facebook account for any result that includes my fem identity and so far so good. You have to be very aware of the functions of browsers and social sites. I use one browser for Melanie and another for normal ( sorry ) stuff and never violate the barrier. Also, we are constantly invited to log on to, say, facebook with our yahoo or other accounts. That automatically creates a lot of associations between identities that you might want to avoid. The question we might want to ponder is how likely is it that wrong person is going to make effort to find crossdressers and stumble upon you or I.
    Melanie