Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An experiment- heart rate and blood pressure when dressed

An experiment- heart rate and blood pressure when dressed

Dug out the EKG activated heart monitor and blood pressure cuff- wondered what happened when wearing a bra-

Surprise- Blood pressure DROPPED to 90/55 from 115/65 and pulse from 65 to 53 - repeated this for 2 months- results consistant.

Hypothesis of CD activiity as stress relief validated.

Hugs,

Flo

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    OK, how many of us have a spare EkG activated heart monitor and blood pressure cuff laying around and just haven't felt motivated enough to try this....lol. It is totally believable Flo. I always told my wife I felt at peace when i dressed. I meant it, and i believe it. I think the social stigma of dressing raises our anxiety level when we are not dressed, but only thinking about it. When we slip on those panties, bra, slip, hose, dress, heels, wig, makeup, it all adds up. Wonderful confirming post.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Interesting results Flo. I'd swear my heart rate and blood pressure go up when dressing, but would like to find out for sure.
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

FAscinating, Flo!

I hope you were properly attired in a cute nurse's uniform when taking your blood pressure! ^_^
    - Jacky ^_^/

I'm with Jayne. My heart rate goes up with the anticipation. Maybe it drops later after I've been dressed for a while but definitely while i'm getting ready, my heart's pounding with anticipation. And also on the first steps out of the house and so on. So many things to be excited about while dressed that it's hard to keep one's heart from racing all the time.

Better watch those readings...I believe that both are too low...especially the 55.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hmm ... My BP was a little high last time I went to the doctor even though I was wearing panties. Maybe I should have worn a bra too!

Banned Read only
    I've never checked BP and heart rate when dressed, but I'll do it tonight. I can tell you this, when I'm wearing feminine sleeping attire, I sleep better, don't wake myself up snoring, and when I do wake up in the night, the feel of satin or silk puts me right back to sleep. It's a good thing CDing has a calming and de-stressing aspect because when I'm trying to figure out how to balance drab & drag, it stresses the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Better watch those readings...I believe that both are too low...especially the 55.
    It's right on the edge. Trouble is, the medical establishment keeps lowering what they want to consider normal, acceptable blood pressure. Used to be 120/80 was considered o.k., now they want it lower. So the borderline between too low and what they consider normal, is quite narrow. What you wind up with, is a lot of people on antihypertensives, who occasionally wind up low enough to get dizzy and pass out. Remember, your central blood pressure and your peripheral blood pressure (when you take the reading on your arm) are often different.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I may have to try that when I need an EKG. The last few times I had my blood pressure checked it was a little high, but, I wasn't wearing a bra any of those times. Thanks

I mainly dress to go out and find preparing for an appointment to be stressful -- there's always time pressure to select an outfit, get showered and shaved, dress, do jewelry and makeup, transfer things to my purse, find a pair of shoes that goes with the outfit and won't be too painful, watch for the neighbors as I leave the house ... all with a deadline for making it out the door. I'd be amazed if my BP didn't go up during these times. The relaxation comes when I settle in on the road for my trip, or sometimes after I arrive at my destination. I almost always want to fall asleep during my nail and hair appointments, for example. I haven't actually measured anything -- that would be even more stress -- but I'm sure it would make for a graph that could cause my cardiologist to lose sleep.

- Diane

Banned Read only
    I concur. You may be suffering from hypotension caused by some unknown etiology. It's not uncommon for blood pressure readings to have swings during the day. Most physicians would consider 115/65 to be normal. To dip to 90/55 seems unusual. The heart rate dipping that much also seems unusual. I'd raise the issue with your doctor next time you're in for a check up. Next time you're all riled up for some reason, check to see what your readings are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I concur. You may be suffering from hypotension caused by some unknown etiology. It's not uncommon for blood pressure readings to have swings during the day. Most physicians would consider 115/65 to be normal. To dip to 90/55 seems unusual. The heart rate dipping that much also seems unusual. I'd raise the issue with your doctor next time you're in for a check up. Next time you're all riled up for some reason, check to see what your readings are.
    Actually, your blood pressure can 'swing' rather dramatically from moments to moments; Cough, and the pressure in your head can go up; stand up when you have a cold and a little dehydrated, and you might almost pass out from momentary hypotension to your brain as well! Hit your thumb with a hammer and your pressure can skyrocket for a brief time. What most people, even those in healthcare think of as 'normal' really must be determined by more close examination of the patient at hand. If you took 'traditional' blood pressure measurements and applied them to any adult over 18, you'd wind up treating a huge number of young, healthy female patients with all kinds of fluid boluses and medications, because lots of them are walking around with what the machines read as dangerous hypotension, even though they are completely asymptomatic. You have to see 'the whole picture'; far too many people only focus on numbers; you'll see doctors walk into an intensive care room and read some numbers on a monitor, run out and order all kinds of medications before he finds out that the blood pressure and pulse oximetry cuffs are hanging on the wall. If you're a medical professional, examine your patient. If you're not, and are worried, go to your doctor. Most important, stop relying on numbers. Yes, hypertension is a 'silent' killer; but the 'loud' killers will get you first. And by that, I mean things that cause you to feel sick. Dizziness, palpitations, sudden (or even gradual) changes in your health should be examined. An occasional low blood pressure reading with no other symptoms is most likely nothing to be worried about.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Looked around a bit and here is a chart showing pressure levels and what they indicate.
    Seems your 90/55 is low...be careful.

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/medi...p-levels-table
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

115/65 with pulse 65 is typical if you are very fit and are on no medications. The lower BP and a HIGHER heart rate would suggest peripheral vasodilation - flushing. But with an even lower heart rate, it would suggest calmness - lower adrenaline. If you are on medications for blood pressure, then it may be very different.

since I began dressing every day a month ago I feel much happier, calmer and my relationship with my wife has improved

Never underestimate the power of self-suggestion, it really works!

Banned Read only
    I think Cheryl and I are indicating the swings in the PB and heart rate seem unusual. Yes, the power of suggestion may come into play when taking BP and heart rate. Usually adverse circumstances make the BP rise. I experience 'white coat' syndrome. so I use a BP cuff at home and track the BP rate. That eliminate the 'white coat' syndrome. It also gives the MD some indication of my BP when I am well.

I really cannot offer a plausible explanation as to why being en femme would create soooo much serenity that the BP decreases from an otherwise very normal reading to a much lower reading.

And, I have had MD's with different opinions of a healthy BP reading. Prescribing RX's just based on a BP reading is not wise.

Aspiring Member
    My BP goes up when dressing. It is stimulating and that makes BP go up.

As soon as I got over my fear of passing the front door, and kissing the butterflies goodbye (took a lot of baby steps though), I started to relax. Not sure if my heart rate and bp changed, but the Dr. confirmed that I no longer need my antidepresant drugs and have kicked the high chlorestral drugs too... So I guess this works... for me at least....

Renne.....

I have a spygmomanometer I use for blood pressure tests and a lot of households have one these days, almost as common as a thermometer.
    Yes there is a stress relief when dressed, but step out the front door and up it goes. It does return to normal fairly quickly and it is not unhealthy to have varying blood pressure like this.
    I do not have an ECG but I do have an electron microscope and a microwave oven.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Chewing gum will solve the problem.

Chewing gum solves all problems, at least in the movies, tv shows.

I am me when I dress as female. There is no excitement....just relief.

I definitely feel my stress just melt away and my mood improve after I dress, do my hair and make-up. Then just relax with my wife for the evening. Unless of course the doorbell rings, then I enter panic mode. Fortunatly we don't get to many unexpected guests. I too get my best nights sleep in my silky pj's or a pretty teddy or nightgown.

Medically, Lexi said it well. When was the last time the instruments were calibrated?

Hypertensive male sitting in doctor's office. Dr says, "Here's a prescription. Take this to Victoria's Secrete and get it filled. If your pressure does not come down soon, we will need to add a thong to the bra."

Just call me Amanda GirlieAmanda's Avatar
    Cool experiment. I know in the early days it was exciting but I know I was a lot calmer too. Thank you professor!
    The phoenix has risen the old life is gone
    A new life to live has finally begun
    There is fun to be had and work to be done
    My beauty is radiant my freedom is won