Thread: All girl yoga retreat - not

All girl yoga retreat - not

I go to this reflexologist, who is also a yoga instructor

Every winter she hosts a yoga retreat in Mexico. I guess she rents a villa and the sub-rents the rooms to the participants. She was telling me that this year she was planning 2 weeks and she needed 24 participants to break even. Right now she has 14 the first week and 9 to second week. So I asked her when the second week was (because I’d be interested in going).

She reminded me that the retreat is for girls (women) only. So, I said that I could be a girl for a week. What I didn’t tell here was that I would love to be a girl for a week. I’m not sure if she thought I was joking or not, but she didn’t take me up on my offer. She said the women would act differently if a man was included in the retreat.

Oh well. I probably would have ended up with a bikini tan which wouldn’t be too cool, and my wife would not be at all pleased for any number of reasons.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Too bad for the missed opportunity. Show up for a class dressed sometime, maybe then you'll get the invite. My sister is a yoga teacher, and reiki practitioner. She invited me to class once. I asked if I could wear yoga pants and a neon bra top. She said of course. I'm out to her, so she knew I was serious. I love her, and I'm going to do a class someday.-Celeste

I would love an opportunity like that

margo

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    I asked if I could wear yoga pants and a neon bra top. She said of course. I'm out to her, so she knew I was serious. I love her, and I'm going to do a class someday.-Celeste
    Wearing the clothes is the easy part! Like me doing Zumba..LOL Actually doing the moves as a no longer so limber "person" isn't so easy!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I don't actually go to this person's yoga class. I go to a diferent class.

But I have shown up wearing toe nail polish openly, usually for themes like Halloween (orange with black "French" tips), Christmas (candy cane and holly with berries) and Easter (diferent color pastels).

I've also worn girl capri-length workout pants, until my wife found out and confiscated them.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I've also worn girl capri-length workout pants, until my wife found out and confiscated them.
    Not so sure YOUR wife would let you go on that trip anyway!! You can always dream!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Aspiring Member

Yoga class

My wife and I recently started a Yoga class at a local senior center (yes we are THAT old). It is about 20 women of various ages and me, the "token guy". I wear sweatpants and a racerback Yoga top. So far so good, except for a few aches, nobody has had any negative comments.

I suspect that a trip would cause much more difficulty however, and especially with the other women's spouses. A day-class is no problem but an away-trip is a completely different dimension. Enjoy the class but don't push things too far.

Sandra1746

8rys, going on walkabout
    I am going to say go for it but proceed with caution. As others mentioned there may be concerns of some of the othere people who are going to be there with you.
    I have gone to a retreat in northern Mi earlier this year. I was not and still am not full time, but the people at my studio know that I am trans. At the time I didn't really look female, I mainly dressed the part.
    We all camped in tents during the retreat, in the morning prior to mediation. I would get up and shave all the things and do some light make up ( tinted moisturizer and a little eyeliner) in my tent.
    I learned a lot, durinig my time there. You really connect deeper in three days than one can in years at a studio.
    I was brought into a sisterhood and was invited to come back for a women weekend as well as a women only druid retreat.
    There is another retreat planned this summer that I am excited to go to.

Also, to the newbies starting just do what you can. I could barely touch my toes when I started, now the elbows are where mt hands were last year.