Thread: Regulation undershirt, Cami

Regulation undershirt, Cami

I really love the look of [SIZE="2"]feminine undershirts[/SIZE], slips, tanks showing through light colored blouses etc. I am trying to breakaway from the triditonal undershirt in my everyday dress. Any opinions on being seen with a feminine style undershirt or camisole showing under a tee shirt or button shirt. I have put on a slip under a white shirt and think it looks soooo good in the mirror but cant get up the courage to go out and be seen. What should I do, it is driving me crazy. Please let me know

Banned Read only
    You may want to try one of the more tank style cami's first. That would not look as overtly feminine as your standard strappy cami.

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar
    Keep in mind that indoor lighting seldom shows what sunlight will, or a brightly lit office. If you need to keep this a secret, then keep that in mind too.

Since I have seen many guys crossdressed in public and it is very obvious, I am trying to break out of hiding the desire to wear something feminine. I know that I notice what is warn under light colored shirts on both men and woman, but do you think most other folks also look to see what kind of undershirt a guy is wearing. I have gotton used to wearing plain nylon VF panties and have never had any comment, not many people see them but I dont flaunt it, nor do I try to make sure no one sees them. I am just lying this out here to get reinforcement as to weather I should go for it or keep it compleatly discrete. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Davetitus
    I really love the look of [SIZE="2"]feminine undershirts[/SIZE], slips, tanks showing through light colored blouses etc. I am trying to breakaway from the triditonal undershirt in my everyday dress. Any opinions on being seen with a feminine style undershirt or camisole showing under a tee shirt or button shirt. I have put on a slip under a white shirt and think it looks soooo good in the mirror but cant get up the courage to go out and be seen. What should I do, it is driving me crazy. Please let me know
    Pretty much assume that unless you have a very thickly knit shirt in a dark/patterned print, what you have on underneath is going to show at some point. As an experiment, take a look at women you see in your daily life (don't be creepy about it). Can you see their bra straps, or cami tops, or slips? If you look in the right light, you usually can, even if it's through a sweater.

I'm a big fan of simple tanks made by Jockey and DKNY. They're all cotton, feel wonderful, and come in neutral colors and cuts that are much like the men's versions. Unless you just don't care what anybody thinks, this is a good route, and a compromise that nobody will know about.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Davetitus
    Since I have seen many guys crossdressed in public and it is very obvious, I am trying to break out of hiding the desire to wear something feminine. I know that I notice what is warn under light colored shirts on both men and woman, but do you think most other folks also look to see what kind of undershirt a guy is wearing. I have gotton used to wearing plain nylon VF panties and have never had any comment, not many people see them but I dont flaunt it, nor do I try to make sure no one sees them. I am just lying this out here to get reinforcement as to weather I should go for it or keep it compleatly discrete. Thanks
    As far as undies: if you've gotten no worries, GO FOR IT! But, if you're a little worried still, go with thongs. Sexier in my book, and basically invisible under jeans, but will often show VTL under thinner pants, unless you go with g-strings.

ChrissieH

Smile Omg!

Now you have freaked me out! I ALWAYS wear womens panties... have been doing for years. Are you trying to say that they can be identified under ordinary guy's pants? (formal office kind). I didn't think anyone could ever tell. I am originally from England, (guy's there tend to wear briefs anyway as do most European guys). Is this not very common here? I always thought that 'panty lines' would be taken for standard guy's briefs. When it is cold I will often wear pantiehose too under my pants. I suppose that those are visible too? Oh well, like most people here, I am a girl inside, so if people don't like it they can go to hell. I wouldn't mind betting that most of us on here would be girls anyway if we had the choice. I certainly would.

Chrissie )

Thanks for the reply, I wish I was a smaller size and I would love to wear some of the jocky for her styles. And yes I always admire seeing what is under others shirts, but I am not sure if the public looks that close. If I wasen't so into this I dont think Iwould ever notice what type of undershirt someone is wearing. Also I really dont want to wear a guys style, because I really admire the cut and flow of the womans style, even if it is plain.

Cami's show

I would like to ask another question. If a Cami can to seen under a normal men's shirt, are my bra band and straps seen also. I don't worry about clothes below the waist, as have been wearing pantyhose, panties, and women's mid thigh lenght shorts for 4 years now, in public, and no bad comments, I had a waitdress say as she seated us, nice legs, I was wearing tan pantyhose, but with men's shoes and short socks. If you looked closely you could easily see I had on hose. But if a cami can be seen that easily, I guess I will wait a while before I venture out with one on.

Meag

Quote Originally Posted by Meag
    I would like to ask another question. If a Cami can to seen under a normal men's shirt, are my bra band and straps seen also. . .But if a cami can be seen that easily, I guess I will wait a while before I venture out with one on.

Meag
    There are a million items of clothing out there, it's impossible to say what will show under what. If you're worried about it, use your common sense. I have a men's Bauer shirt that's made of canvas and has a dark olive pattern. I could probably wear a hot pink underwire basque under it and not be detected while walking through a room full of eighth graders while they're shining a spotlight on me.

You might try camis made by Elita. I think they make a larger-sized line, and are pretty, without being too frilly, up to 44 inches. Also, Lane Bryant or Newportnews may have what you want.

Best,

Sedona

Quote Originally Posted by Meag
    I would like to ask another question. If a Cami can to seen under a normal men's shirt, are my bra band and straps seen also. I don't worry about clothes below the waist, as have been wearing pantyhose, panties, and women's mid thigh lenght shorts for 4 years now, in public, and no bad comments, I had a waitdress say as she seated us, nice legs, I was wearing tan pantyhose, but with men's shoes and short socks. If you looked closely you could easily see I had on hose. But if a cami can be seen that easily, I guess I will wait a while before I venture out with one on.

Meag
    Well I think that it depends on the shirt, like stated here, but most deffinetly if one is looking to see what someone is wearing under their shirt, straps are almost impossible to hide. I am trying to estimate if the world will freek out too much if they do realise I wear feminine things under my regular shirt. I would think if you were in my building on a regular basis I would know if you were wearing a bra or straped cami, and of corse I would think it would be great.

I don't think most people go around looking to see what you are wearing underneath what ever you wear on the outer self. If anything I think as long as what you are wearing is tasteful no one will care what your undies are or even car. If you like what you look like, go with it.
    Summer

In your opinion how does this look under a shirt
    Attached Images Attached Images

If your goal is to attract attention, then it works well
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Davetitus,

It's pretty obvious because it's white on white. From the front it's better, but the back is way too obvious for me to go out like it I'm afraid.

That said, I do wear bras under my t-shirts all the time in the summer and as long as I'm careful I can get away with quite a lot. I wear micro fiber bras that cling to my chest more and even though they still have straps, hooks and little buckles in the back like bras do, they hardly show at all. Same principle with camis.

Wear loose fitting dark colored shirts if you want to get away with it. If you want to wear lighter colored t-shirts then wear a "skin colored" bra or cami underneath and don't wear white tops. Believe it or not a slight bra strap outline showing through your top won't get you into any trouble...I do it all the time. Your pictures however are a little bit too much unless you want to be noticed (especilly the back view).

On the upside, if anyone did say anything, you look like you could kick their ass

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 01-01-2006 at 08:58 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Davetitus--I'm going to echo Angel Darling's thoughts: I think you could wear that cami under virtually any dark shirt/sweater/top that covers up the lines on the back.

Good luck!

Invisable Shirt...

Unfortunately it does show. But only when you remove your outer garment. By the way...was that shot in Tanya Harding's bedroom? I think I recognise the license plate on the wall.
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

Why not just wear the cami? If you want people to notice, why not wear a bra, and let that show through. Then they will definately get the idea.

I wear camis all the time, even with adjustable straps, but under coloured shirts. If you don't hunch your shoulders to pull the back of your shirt tight, no one's going to notice.

A Woman at Heart! Rikki Elisabeth's Avatar

Cami's versus Female Undershirts...

I would wear a cami under a shirt and sweater. I would wear a bra and slip under a shirt and sweater. I would NOT wear it under a regular shirt. IF you are wearing a bra and slip, it may not be the seeing but the ripples caused by the bra. Every look at a woman wearing the wrong sized bra and panties with a knit dress?

Yes, the panty line can give you away depending upon how tight your trousers are.

Where did someone say you could get oversize camis?

Rikki Elisabeth

What U should get

HI All: Davetitus what U R needing is made by Flexees and also I see Nancy Ganz has them as well. It is a cami, but it looks exactly like a mans
    undershirt. The big differance however is they R about 28% Lycra and 72% nylon, and have preshaped pockets for your breasts. Flexees has them in blk white and beige and they R made in 2XL which fit me (42C) 6' 200lbs. Under a tshirt they look just like an undershirt. I wear one with an Olga LLPG under my tshirt and shorts for workouts.