Thread: Why?

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar

Why?

I had an experience last summer that I didn't post about.

I was walking about wearing my shorts, when I ran into my sister.
    She looked at my legs and asked, "why do you shave your legs?"

She (and everyone) knows I have a very bad sleeping problem. So I used that as my reason saying that it cuts down on itches I have to wake up to to scratch. She bought it.

Ironically, that is very much true. Once I shaved my legs I realized I wasn't waking up to scratch and have had better sleep because of it.

*Side note: I think she knows I crossdress anyway, so the point is mute. But It does work on paper!

Platinum Member
    Hi Susan, What ever works that's great.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Good one! My daughter is the only one who has ever asked me why. I told her that "It feels good and I just like to"
    Mary

Isn't it great when we can believe that which we actually do not believe? I love fooling myself like that.

If you're pretty much sure she knows, then I think your missing an opportunity to enjoy yourselves as "sisters".
    In 10 years or so, something is going to come up that brings you out to her and your going to find out you've just blown all that time hiding.
    Of course you know her better than I, but if shes CD acceptable... why not?

Quote Originally Posted by susancheerleader View Post
    I had an experience last summer that I didn't post about.

I was walking about wearing my shorts, when I ran into my sister.
    She looked at my legs and asked, "why do you shave your legs?"

She (and everyone) knows I have a very bad sleeping problem. So I used that as my reason saying that it cuts down on itches I have to wake up to to scratch. She bought it.

Ironically, that is very much true. Once I shaved my legs I realized I wasn't waking up to scratch and have had better sleep because of it.

*Side note: I think she knows I crossdress anyway, so the point is mute. But It does work on paper!
    Why didn't you just tell her the truth that you like the look and feel of shaved legs? It is not like you are doing something wrong or illegal. What you do with your legs is only your business.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Banned Read only
    I wear cut off shorts year around. Not too long ago my daughter asked me if I shaved my legs. I don't. I just don't have any hair follicles on my calves. Smooth as a baby's butt.

The response to a female questioner should be "Why do you shave yours?"

It's likely that after she explains that she likes to feel clean, smooth, etc. your next statement could be "Now you know why I do!"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    The response to a female questioner should be "Why do you shave yours?" It's likely that after she explains that she likes to feel clean, smooth, etc. your next statement could be "Now you know why I do!"
    Unfortunately, women know that a prime reason they shave their legs is because men find it attractive, and (regardless of what you or they say) they will assume
    you are shaving yours (to appear effeminate) for the same reason.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    If you think she knows, then maybe she was just toying with you to get an admission.

Great quick answer! I will save that answer just in case I get asked!

Yes, me too. That's a great answer to have in the bank.

Good for you Susan. Glad that one worked for you. When I was asked why I shaved my legs I said because I had more hair on the right leg than the left so I just wanted to even them up. What ever works I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I wear cut off shorts year around. Not too long ago my daughter asked me if I shaved my legs. I don't. I just don't have any hair follicles on my calves. Smooth as a baby's butt.
    Hooray! Someone else with the same disease!
    When did you last shave your legs?
    Me? About ten years ago, out of curiosity.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Unfortunately, women know that a prime reason they shave their legs is because men find it attractive, and (regardless of what you or they say) they will assume
    you are shaving yours (to appear effeminate) for the same reason.
    It's rare that someone comes out and posts the realistic truth around here. This is the truth.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    Years ago I had a skin problem that took me to a dermatologist who sent me to a hospital who put me in a tub with some very stinky depilatory. I went through that hassle for about a year. It did help, but it was very inconvenient. Later, I asked the doctor if shaving might help. I asked the question because I had shaved my lower legs in high school and college for tape wrapping and it didn't seem to difficult at the time. She said yes, and off I went. I just so happened that this occurred during one of my "purge" times.

I'm not sure, but I think the silky smooth skin was one of the things that turned me back to what my mind had told me all along. I wanted to be smooth because I wanted to be a girl. Today, I shave regularly all over. I visit a tanning salon once or twice a month because I don't like the "bright white" color of my skin. During the summer months, when I'm outside a lot in shorts, even in guy mode, someone always says, "you have nice legs," and then they ask, "Do you shave your legs?" I always answer, "Yes, and everything else, too." That usually ends the conversation.

Frankly, I don't really care what anyone else thinks about it. I don't want to be rude and I know they are just being inquisitive because they don't see a lot of guys in the neighborhood with good looking, shaved legs. But hey, all they have to do is watch TV. Most of the guys in the movies, sitcoms and what not or hair free as well.

So, shave and don't be ashamed to brag about it. Some of the GG's are just going to be jealous because your legs look better than theirs, anyway!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaraPeterson View Post
    So, shave and don't be ashamed to brag about it.
    Excellent advice, not only do I no longer deny shaving my legs, I will often engage in extended conversation on it.

"Hey it only takes me 5-10 minutes daily!" "You must admit my legs look far better than his (hint, hint it's the lack of hair). "Venus is a damn fine razor!" "Forget using that expensive skintimate crap, me and my wife use men's shaving gel, it works just as good and is cheaper!" "Nah, not a fan of waxing it burns!!" "Moisturizer, go with Ponds!!" "Yes razor bumps do hurt in the bikini and arm pit areas, but after a day or 2 of shaving they go away, the key is not to skip a day."

Also note how you can quickly become the center of the conversation, and also how a lot of the guys might give you weird looks, but weird in a way that they probably have thoughts about doing the same thing themselves but can never bring themselves to actually do it.

As to why I shave I just usually say BECAUSE I CAN, AND MY WIFE LOVES IT!!!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Living in the south, where summer is the dominate season, I get way to much sun exposure. This gets me into the dermatologist's office a few times a year dealing with years of solar over exposure. Smearing on sunscreen is a daily ritual and it goes on much easier with smooth legs than it does on hairy ones. If I'm asked why my legs are shaved the answer is that its a mess putting sunscreen on hairy legs. Turns out that this answer is actually true.