Thread: Under the Weather

Under the Weather

Hi all,

Yep i have a cold, it is no fun of course bed ridden chills sore throat the whole bit. I was just wandering if any of u get the same urge to get dressed up when sick or not feeling well. What causes this? any ways i hope all of u are in good health and ready for x-mas

-d
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I always have the urge to dress...but when I'm sick I usually just stay in my nightgown and robe with some fuzzy slippers and a mug of hot tea...

Try Vit C...with a Zinc chaser...always works for me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Oh hell yes but the only thing about having a bad cold is I don't feel like shaving. I therefore look like the proverbial bearded lady by the time it is over.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When I am sick I only think about feeling better. Dressing does not enter my mind. Now the why the urge is stronger for you may be just because you are home with nothing to do except get better. Maybe you have too much free time! Get well soon.

I went to my doctor once years ago with a cold and he told me there wasn't much he could do for me. When I pushed him he told me to try walking around outside in the rain for an hour or so. (it was cold) I told him ..."but I would catch pneumonia!"

He said "Yes, and I can give you something for that!"

Well, anyway, I will dress unless I am bedridden then it is only panties and a camisole for me.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Hey Danielle. I have the same cold that you have Danielle, sore throat, chills, fever. I wanted to do some underdressing this morning (pantyhose and heels)
    but just didn't feel it. Alka-Seltzer Plus, Zicam, Bayer asprin and I still feel like shit/ I hope to lick this soon and get back in the swing.......dana.

G.W. S.

bra panties long gown stay home and rest and enjoy the softer side of my life tylenol

Probably because dressing can often be a good stress reliever, and being ill is pretty stressful
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    I went to my doctor once years ago with a cold and he told me there wasn't much he could do for me. When I pushed him he told me to try walking around outside in the rain for an hour or so. (it was cold) I told him ..."but I would catch pneumonia!"

He said "Yes, and I can give you something for that!"
    Your doctor was right, it sounds harsh but all they can do is possibly relieve the suffering.
    Pneumonia, yes it is quite different from a virus.
    Common drug store medications are about all that you can do for a cold.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well the fact that you are sick with a very contagious virus not many people are going tobe bothering you and that is the perfect inviorment for CDing if you aren't completely out. Plus dressing to what ever extent you are comfortable with is just that, comfortable and makes for a little bit of good feelings and stress relief. Besides you can't work and there for you don't want to pass up a paid Dress-up Day. So yes I have felt the same way when sick. But those cold-sores and fever bisters are realy bad for putting on lipstick and close shaves. Hope you get to feeling better! I am in the same boat right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I'm sorry to hear you are sick. I hope you get well long before Christmas!!!

thnx all for the replies, Im defiantly feeling better than yesterday. Been keeping the upper body warm with my forms lower body warm with my v2.

-d
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

In sickness and in health, I always have the urge...

PS: Get well soon!