Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to get my wife to accept

Hello Jordan

This might not be your wife's cup of tea, but here are four journal articles. Unfortunately, they require payment for access to the full text. Your favourite search engine can find them by searching on the titles. I posted these a few years ago for someone else.

This is a professional journal article. Payment is required to obtain the full text.

Surprise! Men Who Cross-Dress Are Similar to Men Who Don't

Another journal article for which payment is required.

How Intimate Relationships Are Impacted When Heterosexual Men Crossdress

This one says accredited social work programs often don't include courses on dealing with crossdressing or other forms of transgenderism. The title and issue of the journal in which it appears is listed. You may be able to find this at a university where social work is taught.

Social Work Education: Implications for Working With the Transgender Community

This is a psychologist's website who deals with gender issues. Not all of the information is about transition.
    earned
    Anne Vitale PhD: Notes on Gender Role Transition

This one says transvestic fetishism is not a diagnosable illness simply because society (or some members of society) says it is. The quotes are required to get it to appear at the top of search results.

"Transvestic Fetishism: Iatrogenic Artifact?"
    In case it isn't clear from the context, iatrogenic means medically caused or physician-labeled illness when no true illness exists. Examples of physician labelled illnesses include homosexuality and gender identity disorder. Both have been or are slated to be removed from the DSM to the consternation of certain groups.

And BTW: Acceptance cannot be forced. It must be earned.
    Last edited by giuseppina; 12-13-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Removal of extraneous word

I'd suggest backing off on this, as it is more your need than hers. Not sure of the whole picture with your marriage, children (?), etc., but on the surface it appears that with 3 days of crying, she is not going to accept this part of you. Perhaps time will change this, but I definitely would put this on the back burner and satisfy your needs to dress when she is not around. Maybe, she will bring it up one day now that she is aware of this. If not, and if you need to talk more about it, do so in a gentle way, at a time when you both feel you can have an open, honest, and heartfelt discussion about it and most importantly - when you both can 'listen, understand, and accept' one another's viewpoints. Good luck to you both.
    Di

Trying to get my wife to accept: It's been over 30 years and my wife still doesn't accept. But she just go along but I can't dress around her. You must give it time, pushing the issue is going to make it worst. Good luck.