Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How girlish are you?

For me feminine movements and mannerisms come naturally when femme.I sit and bend down with legs together.When I sit,it's very feminine to place my purse on my lap and clutch it lightly.I walk in heels easily too(lotta practice).The one thing is my voice.I speak in whispers to sound girly.when I raise my voice i speak softly from the back of my throat be heard at a little distance.
    Last edited by CarolynO; 02-12-2013 at 09:11 PM.

The walk, bending, sitting, etc., do get to be more natural with practice. Getting out of a car? ugly.
    Some may question why we would imitate the movements of GGs. After the clothes, the wig, makeup and all, it's one step closer to that feminine side that many of us want to be in touch with. Plus, maybe it's a small sign of respect to them and their part of the world. I'll never consider myself passable (where someone who takes a reasonably close look can't figure that I'm a guy or at least no purely GG), but i think it's a nice touch to fit in with them the best we can.

For me its like Method Acting...In some ways I am more girl than the Wife-In others I am the vet, detective, copper of my 20's 30's 40's.

As a Det' I had to fit in on some surreal stuff. So I learnt to become Rome.. Not just While in Rome--My Sweet Arse depended on it...With no one knowing they used me as a decoy for John's/I did not care for that! Tho I did like the Clothes!!!

Want to see an eye opener ? put us all in a room for any reason -- let some one tape all of us, than watch it ----- I think it would be a reminder of old Monty Python skits on TV. Indvidually maybe with a lot of other "normal" people around us for distraction we can sometimes pull it off - from a distance - but other than that it would take a lot of acting lessions...........................Debra

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If I am in full femme mode I feel much freer about how I walk,talk, stand and act.
    In guy mode I'm sure others think "boy is he as gay as a three dollar bill" LOL
    Cassandra I know just what you mean when guys act like jerks and show little respect to others.
    I'm bad about saying something to them and getting a tiff started.LOL
    Almost got in a fight with two guys for telling them to lay off two girls in the club.He said hey you want to take this outside? I said your place or mine big fella?
    His friend said you want to go outside with a queer? Oh dude don't do it.
    He wouldn't look at me the rest of the night which was fine with me.
    The two girls thanked me for taking up for them which was really sweet.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I'm told I'm pretty darned girly when dressed up, and that I'm an adorable drunk lol
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

I like feeling girly!!

i was born girlish

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    So, many of us look pretty good as girls, some even talk like girls but just how convincing are you when it comes to being girlish? By that I mean subtle movements, body language, facial expressions and actually mental inclination? If you were another person associating with yourself, would you be convinced you really are a girl? Some food for thought anyway.
    I possess some very masciline and as well as some very feminine attributes and ways of thinking so I'm a strong mix of both. I would love to be able to better turn off the masculine when enfemme but that doesn't come natural as someone else alluded to with all the years of acting malelike. When enfemme i do like very traditionally girlie activities like getting pamepered in a feminine salon or shopping for handbags and shoes.

Aspiring Member
    When I am in guy mode I am very male. When I dress up, I am very female. I had a makeover with Phoebe Cross last week and she complimented me on my feminine movements, walk and mannerisms. THAT made me feel so confident and fem!
    Michellecd9999

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i tend to agree with Cassandra , when dressed i exhibit a lot more feminine mannerisms or i am told. Otherwise i would say not so much

One of the biggest problems with self evaluation is most of us lack true objectivity and do not have an authentic and calibrated reference point. The reference points are filtered, colored and distorted by our personal biases, opinions, preferences, and sometimes errors. Add in the subjectivity of terms such as girly or feminine and it compounds the problem. Having someone who can give you honest feedback free from any agendas or bias is rare and probably one of the few ways to really know.

I am a member of a large and active cd/tg group so I have met and interacted with a relatively large population of transgendered individuals. A large number who think or proclaim to be feminine or girly are successful to varying degrees with most missing a few or many critical aspects. Many are not as feminine or girly as they think, come across as being artificial, or over exaggerate some aspects almost to the point of being a caricature. Feeling feminine or girly and presenting it are very different things. As we are often our own worst critics, we are often our own worst evaluators. Regardless, if you feel feminine or girly, it really does not matter if you are. Be happy with whatever level you achieve and love it and own it.

So, how girly am I? I really don't know for sure. You have to ask someone who has been around me and knows me, and can give you a honest answer.
    Last edited by Melissa Rose; 01-22-2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Typo repair and added missing word

Depends on who you ask.
    My wife and best friend says I'm very girlie. My casual friends say I'm pretty alpha. I say I'm kinda. I do the usual "guy" things, but I have a couple "girl quirks"
    I like being in the "girl spot" in bed. (Head on her chest arm over her boob)
    I'm squeamish about gross things and bugs
    I pick and primp my body constantly
    I tear up easily - hallmark channel
    I'm prone to mood swings :-D
    I find a lot of things "cute"
    Physical traits
    I have a girl frame except shoulders (years of swimming)
    My female friends all say they can talk to me like I'm their sister
    I catch myself constantly though sitting or having girl like gestures, gait, mannerisms.

i was born this way girly jejeje

always girly and love it Linda St. John's Avatar
    I'm pretty well accepted as female where I live (I'm sure some have read me or just think I'm strange or gay ) but when I'm out of my usual area ... I'm more defensive and this is where my inate masculine traits come out . Like many of us here ; I overcompensated as a young man with risk - taking behaviour and a penchant for fighting - all to prove what a man I was !! So I get wary and combative - not very girly unless your'e into womans wrestling or roller-derby , LOL.
    Which I could get into ,no no, I'll just stay around my "hood" and be all girly...

Linda
    twitter : @ lindaesj

I'm pretty sure most would assume I'm gay just from the fact I carry a purse, and of course when I choose to wear dangly earrings while looking like a guy I'm pretty sure for most people that cements it.
    But it's not a big deal, and in fact I like having what I call "the gay buffer" around, stereotypically people expect that sort of things from a gay man so I'll just take advantage.

i think Melissa Rose put it very well.

I do think that we should avoid trying to become a stereotype of what we think feminine is. Gender and identity are very fluid; people fall within all areas of the spectrum - GGs are not all blonde hair, heels and speech littered with OMGs. We should represent the women that are us; not what society wants us to be (or what we think society wants). What is most important to do is to be true to who you are, rather than what you think you should be. Look at the people in the celebrity news like Kim Kardashian - no normal woman looks like that (or has the time to look like that) - we should take note and be natural. As crossdressers I think we are aware of this more than most people as we spend a lot of time not being who we want to be. Be true and real and you will be happy. Being aware of mannerisms and social norms is part of passing or blending in, but when we take this to the extreme we are essentially flaunting this to the world and putting ourselves out as a target.

I have the movements but my facial features and voice give it away. Been told several times that I move and walk like a girl..

I think the whole thing for me is to just be as womanly as possible and feel good. You get better all the time. Being bi, I have sadly turned down more than a few straight guys over the years when out. Just being happy being as femme as possible is the best part.

PS: Tossed a disc in my back a few years ago... have to stoop instead of bend, sit with my legs together, and stand up straight.... that really helped, but I wouldn't advise it. :-)

I think I look girlish in still photos, sort of girlish in a video. In reality not really girlish. I think some of us may try to be a little too girly, if you really watch most women their moves are much more natural than ours. Jaymee

Lately, It seems that even though others may perceive me as being girly, I'm perceiving that I'm just being myself. Circumstances have changed to the point of not being at all restricted with being feminine.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When I am in girl mode I try 110% to be girlish. I am a totally different person my male persona is temporarily frozen. In male mode I am still a bit girlish noticing what women are wearing on the TV and their makeup. Also making sure my finger nails are kept manicured etc.

Maria

Stephania
    If I'm girly at all it would be very little. For me it's not about being a woman,
    I just want to wear the clothes.