Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How girlish are you?

Hi,

I have looked at that ?, simple answer is i dont need to be girlish to be a female / woman. & not all of us who are woman are,
    How do you rate a girlish girl. by age, say from 3 up to 20 or so. many i know are very marture for thier age, quite confident in them selfs, my women friends are very much women .

could we look at this from a womans perspetive, do we have to be girl'e at all , im a well rounded & grounded woman & accepted as a normal woman its not how you look , its about who you are as a person . my whole being says this is a woman who has confidence is selfasured knows what she's about, & is a part of the womans ferternity,

I had a younger woman about 36 say in front of 14 other women that i was more woman than she was, that tells you something about this woman she saw in me something she did not have, that takes gut's to say that,

I was taken aback when she said it, & i can honistly say i was so humbled by what she said, I hugged her & thanked her, that shows the strength of who she is as a person. when another puts others in a place of high esteem,

Thats why i say im very grounded, i have to be to be able to go where i go & the people i meet.

Not quite the girl'e girl your thinking of , yet still a girl who is a woman,

...noeleena...

Basically the bottom line with this is we pretty much "know" how girlish we feel and how much we project that to others.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hard to know. In my head I think I have become very girly - but I am sure it is hard to throw off those male mannerisms without enough practise.
    All girly on the inside...time for the outside too.

I walk like an ape!....but heels and a tight skirt help me walk more like a lady

I sit crossed-legged most of the time, if that counts as being girlish.

Scared of spiders too

Always creaming my hands, for soft skin.

Don't like football(soccer), but then again, neither does my male self!

Platinum Member
    Mostly not very, I'm afraid. I do have some inherent mannerisms that have always struck others as somewhat feminine including the way I walk, the way I throw and sit. But, no I don't think I'm persuasively feminine in most respects.

I find that when I dress, I seem to pay more attention to my feminine ways but catch myself doing thing in the same aold masculine ways at times. I find the simple things are the hardest to emulate on a consistant basis. Little things like standing up or sitting down are a sure tell and unless I pay attention to what I'm doing, they seem to slip back to the masculine side. But I am working on it.

Jasmine

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Kate, you've hit the core of what Tina has been working on all the time we've known about her. It started with how to walk in heels, then how to sit, how to stand, how to place her feet when she stands, how to use her hands, smiling, and how to use makeup, of course; and lastly there is the old voice!

But then my wife took me down another road: How to know when to try to solve a problem and when to just talk it to death, how to compliment the women you meet, how to understand that "how was your day" is an introduction to talk and not a time to level a value judgement, and the list goes on and on.

Then the coup de gras: My wife turns to Tina and says, "You are just too sweet. I need to teach you how to be B..chy on occasion and you clearly don't know how!" Well, she was right! Tina had no clue about how to extend her claws. Guys have fists, girls have claws!

My wife considers Tina her girlfriend, and the education she's given me has been invaluable! Tina's not quite there yet in terms of natural actions, but she's getting a lot closer!!!

I've had some of my actions pointed out to me by guys, sometimes followed with the "Are you gay?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrijerry View Post
    once you are convincing enough to pass you will be that way 24 - 7. It is not something that you turn on and off.
    For good professional actors, yes it is. But I don't think many of us here are that good, along with having the physical body to be able to do that.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

One time after an outing with my wife and some friends from our Tri-Ess group my spouse commented to me that I "act very feminine". My response was, "I'm not acting". In other words, when I'm dressed this is how I feel and how I think and how I carry myself without consciously doing so, it's just me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I am very girlish, even when I am dressed in (male) work clothes, I wear a bra and panties every day. My demeanor, how I walk, how I talk, how I hold myself.....very feminine. After all, I am a woman, unfornately I was born into a male body.

For emotional reasons I really wish I could be more girlish. I was raised to be masculine and stoic. This is so ingrained in me that I have difficulty expressing emotions. I really wish that I could do so better and it would probably be healthier for me.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

When all is said and done, I can be pretty damn girlish if I want to be, seems to be natural when I'm en femme. MY GF even said as I was dancing at the club one night:"Shake it girl!". All fine and good but I'm enjoying being a guy with her also.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    For emotional reasons I really wish I could be more girlish. I was raised to be masculine and stoic. This is so ingrained in me that I have difficulty expressing emotions. I really wish that I could do so better and it would probably be healthier for me.
    Eryn, I am pretty much the same way. It is very difficult for me to express my emotions.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

I agree with you Cheryl, I'm not acting either when I am in my female persona..................or was that my male personna.........anyway, maybe it's as if I am really a two headed monster, with a seperate but distinctly different personality to each. Neither one ever really gets their way, and my life is kind of blended by a mixture of both, with one side or the other occasionally becoming more dominent at times, (either mentally, or visually) and taking occasional control as I continue thru my life. The odd thing is that I am subconsciously "thinking" more female probably 90 percent of the time, yet outwardly and externally projecting "visually" as a male, over 90 percent of the time. When I'm dressed, the "thinking side" and the "visual side" corrolate and my mannerisms default to the female side of my personality. Whether I'm that convincing or not would depend on the imput of others, as I am a "work in progress", and for me, there is always room for improvement.

While I wouldn't refer to it as "girly", I definately strive for appearing and acting "feminine" while dressed, rather than as an "effeminate" male, not that there is anything wrong with that. It's just not me......... I know that I am much happier overall when the two sides are in agreement!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    One time after an outing with my wife and some friends from our Tri-Ess group my spouse commented to me that I "act very feminine". My response was, "I'm not acting". In other words, when I'm dressed this is how I feel and how I think and how I carry myself without consciously doing so, it's just me.
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

Not at all actually. I think I only have nailed the eye movement part. Yet to do so many things like voice, walk, posture. If I dress up now and go on the street, people a mile away would know that I'm a guy in a dress. On the inside though, I am pretty feminine. Most of my male and female friends think so and have told that to me.

Just barely enough, I think.
    Wish I had more oppurtunity to practice!
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

I think I am more girlish when dressed. I definatly have the walk down and sitting, but every now and then I catch myself standing with my arms at my side and my feet apart. Typical guy stance. Got to watch that! Although I've only been out in public dressed at halloween. Alot of my feminine manerisms and gestures seem to come natural. Even in guy mode I'll be at a party or get together and suddenly realise I'm with all the girls deep into girl talk. I don't try to do that it just seems to happen. I find myself relating sometimes too well to their coversations. My wife's sister an her friends always joke that I'm just one of the girls and my daughter loves to go shopping with me because she says I've got way better taste in clothes than mom.

There are sme simple things we can do to present a more feminine appearence. I think dressing our age with makup to match is important. And certainly how we walk and carry ourselves is important. It just takes a little practice.

I have found the older I get the less attention I get when I go out. Not as many stares as in the past. Well, on one hand we all loved to be noticed. But it is very nice to blend as well. Practice make perfect ladies!!!
    Debbie Karver

I consciously change my walk when dressed, along with how I sit (holding my skirt under my thighs) and perhaps crossing my ankles. Too inflexible to cross my legs, but I try to stand feminine, too. Other mannerisms when dressed are how I bend down to pick something up...knees together/bend at the knees ...rather than guy mode - knees wide apart/bend at the waist, etc. Either way, I still look like a husky guy in a skirt...no threat of being passable here.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Very girlish. Since retirement I have literally lived in a pink fog with all the typical female mannerisms. Sometime when out in drab I have to really concentrate to turn some of them off, especially the feminine sway. I don't know if others have noticed. They certainly haven't said anything. The bad thing (or good thing?) is that I enjoy it more every day. I like being Rita.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I'm pretty girly in boy mode so I get called gay quite a bit.
    Me too I'm somewhat effeminate.

At least you both are pretty. I am just a old bald fat guy who is female on the inside.

Not really girlish... But I think that is mainly because I have been in hiding for over 2/3 of my life. I'm only 31 and started feeling this way when I was 10 or 11. I have learned to act very well and it's hard to not act even in private.
    How often do you daydream about finding a genie's lamp...

I'm pretty much a cranky curmudgeon (you kids get off my lawn) in real life and have a problem with crowds, though I'm trying to change. When I bring the Joanie side out, I really don't have any more feminine manners, though I'm calmer and less quick tempered. Girly-wise, in a bra and forms I keep my back straighter. And I find myself spontaneously moving girlishly to music often.

I tried working on the voice, but I'm lazy and since I don't plan to make a public appearance as Joanie anytime soon, I figured it wasn't worth the effort. I do try to cross my legs properly in a dress and be modest about things like that instead of sitting with spread legs or giving a glimpse upskirt when seated, as if anyone was around to catch a peek.