Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giving up crossdressing

Giving up crossdressing

It's has come to a end after coming out and telling my wife she was ok at first then things went wrong spoke to a shrink over the last few weeks and now I know this is not for me burnt all my clothes and started to rebuild my life all over again its great to be me again
    D

Wow you're lucky to be able to do that. Congrats!

Can we Lynch you now?

J/K

Aspiring Member
    Great for you!! Either way it went as long as there was closure either way. To sit in the mire not knowing is terrible. Good luck on your journey.

Steph

Right. So. You went to " shrink ". Decided to burn all your clothes. THEN. Join a crossdressing chat forum. Sorry. Doesn't add up.

Welcome to this place. Fire the shrink. Put on your big girl panties. ( start a thread about it ) and relax. We'll be seeing you soon.

Cheers.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I would look for another counselor. But that is just me.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Platinum Member
    Best of luck. It's your life to live as you choose.

Reading your introduction and then this post I am curious as to why everything went down hill so quickly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The purge who hasn't!
    Erm slightly confused though, if your back to being you (you being all male) then why are you on here still?

I'm curious as to why you felt the need to come to a CD Forum to express this when obviously most here won't agree.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have just come back on here to let every one know wot had happened and to say good bye as for my shrink he has been the only one I could realy talk to about this as for my wife she tried her best to understand but it became to much for her to get her head around all this lets just say I am happy with my self now its great to be a MAN again

So we're not men? don't tell my wife! You shouldn't have come back here if you really wanted to quit..... imho

"I'm giving up drinking but i'm stopping by the bar to tell them first" lol
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-14-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I wish you luck.

Myself, from reading and soul searching I'm learning that crossdressing is something inherent in the personality and one never really can quit. From the books I've read recently, opressing the urge to dress can lead to psychological problems.

Truthfully, a big part of me wishes that I wasn't a crossdresser but I've come to grips that it's just a part of me. Having a spouse that you have to keep happy complicates things, so I expect to be single all my life.

Again, I wish you the best.

Good luck to you.
    Without benefit of a shrink I purged more times than I can remember and the only regret about it is that I let go of so many nice things (that I probably couldn't fit in any more).

I'm curious as others are...if you told your wife, she changed her mind, THEN you saw a shrink...WHY TELL US ABOUT ALL THIS IF YOU'RE QUITTING FOR GOOD??
    If you really are sworn off it then coming here is like quitting smoking THEN buying a pack of cigarettes and telling the clerk you've quit for life.....just doesn't add up.

But good luck....we'll be here if you find it's not that easy.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Brace yourself. The urge WILL come back. It's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN. It's like holding your breath. Some can go longer, some can't, but in the end, nobody can hold it forever. Good luck trying, though.

I agree... It's like grocery shopping. You need to eat SOME TIME. If you are bent on quitting for good then why are you here? It seems that you are trying to find a reason to continue dressing instead of quitting fully. Your shrink may have been the only person you could talk to about dressing, but why all the sudden burning your clothes? How are you going to fill a hole in your chest so quickly without turning back? Close door, open another. Its not easy following a path that you really aren't familiar with. We'll see you when you come back and ask why you weren't successful at being a MAN!! Bye hun... I hope all goes well for you.

Angela

If you really want to stop, you can stop. If you change your mind in the future, you can start again.

I am curious though why you would join a crossdressing forum to announce your quitting. And why you would burn your female clothes instead of donating them to a charity.

Best wishes.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Lynchy View Post
    I have just come back on here to let every one know wot had happened and to say good bye as for my shrink he has been the only one I could realy talk to about this as for my wife she tried her best to understand but it became to much for her to get her head around all this lets just say I am happy with my self now its great to be a MAN again
    Well good luck to you. I am glad you are a man now.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

*I am happy with my self now its great to be a MAN again

Really ? What the hell do you think we are ? I'm on my way home covered in steel dust. My arms are bleeding from cuts.
    And I'm a crossdresser and i am a man I am very happy with both of me.
    I love the way you put !! Man!! In capital letters. I am so happy you fingered out who you are.
    Every morning when get up do you look in the mirror and say ( I AM A MAN) .

Jules
    Sorry if I'm being facetious but I really don't like comments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynchy View Post
    You have to say "Hi" before you say "goodbye".

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    So we're not men? don't tell my wife! You shouldn't have come back here if you really wanted to quit..... imho

"I'm giving up drinking but i'm stopping by the bar to tell them first" lol
    Awesome response I guess if you said you were quitting at least you were here for awhile before doing so, this person just joined to say he quits? lol

and for the record, last time I checked, I am still a man lol I just have a better side sometimes

I have a better word than M-A-N......T-R-O-L-L
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 12-14-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I know what I think of counsellors. Looks like I could be right!

But good luck and all the best Lynchy.
    Last edited by suzy1; 12-14-2012 at 03:14 PM.

For some of us, the urge may always be there but we don't have to respond with the behavior. It is not a matter of repressing the urge, it is a matter of deciding that, "Today, I will not crossdress." Sounds simple but it is a challenge and requires constant vigilance. I'm not convinced there will always be psychological issues associated with not giving in to the urge. People starting off dieting have an urge to overeat but they seem to overcome it without significant long-term psychological issues.

I don't see purging as being a necessity since it is so easy, albeit expensive, to replace a wardrobe. Perhaps a better alternative would be to store it away in a place that requires thought and effort to get to. What I do agree with is that as long as you are committed to not crossdress, you should not visit this site.

Good bye and good luck.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Best of luck to you. We'll be here next week, next month, or next year when you come back after not being able to stay away from femme clothing. BTW, I do play a man every day going to work and most of the time after work. It's not easy doing it, but that's the way it is.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Hi....and bye! I see that you joined a month ago, so that's a pretty fast change of situation.

It's interesting that for most of us, being "me" was finally finding out that there was a feminine side that needed to be addressed. But, we are all different and I hope that you have found what you need.

Enjoy your life!

Ain't buying it. The only thing missing here is the advertizement to "cure" us. Sorry,

Good thing is it is self limiting as a troll because they are "Giving (it) up" and they burned their stuff.

Thanks for playing, don't forget to pick up your Rice-a-roni as a parting gift.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joanne View Post
    Awesome response I guess if you said you were quitting at least you were here for awhile before doing so, this person just joined to say he quits? lol
    If I were going to quite I'd stop by the exotic lingerie store and let them know!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos