Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gynecomastia (Male Breasts) As A Youth?

Gynecomastia (Male Breasts) As A Youth?

I'm curious how many of us suffered from gynecomastia when we were younger. I was never diagnosed with that but from about eleven years old on I was self conscious about having larger than normal breasts for a male. As a slightly overweight pre-teen, I was often teased by the bully type of guys for having breasts. I can remember being called "titty boy" more than once. At the pool, I was very aware of them and wasn't comfortable without a shirt on.

Now in my fifties, they seem even more sensitive. They often "tingle" while I'm at work. Wearing a bra, with or without forms just feels right. The forms feel natural because they more match the body image I've developed in my mind after all of these years. And it seems that my breasts are getting bigger. Partly from gaining weight, but I also wonder if the bras are somewhat shaping my body too. "As the twig is bent, the tree is grown."

I was just wondering if there were more crossdressers with gynecomastia than those who never had to put up with the problem.

I had them from 13 on and yes, I was teased relentlessly for it.
    There was a point where I was considering breast reduction until I snapped out of it since **** everyone else, it's my body.

The only issue I have now is that they point outward, which I'm not sure if it's normal or not since we grow up differently with our boobs.

I wish! Then I wouldn't had to use socks!..... I developed gyno in my 40s and 50s from my pituitary tumor..... and I've been working hard to build on that....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Yes -- that was another one of the side-effects of always being "the fat kid." Struggle with my weight and the manboobs still hang around. Even though I crossdress, I'd rather have a typical guy's flat chest since I spend the vast majority of my life as a guy -- easier to pad when I dress than to minimize the bumps in male attire.

I was not affected but a male high school friend of mine was. He was not really overweight, but definitely had breast breast tissue and was teased almost to the point of suicide. Very sad how we treat some of us some of the time.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I have had them since i was about 12. I was never overweight, i played sports in High School. I was never teased about them but i was very aware of them and embaressed. Now i am in my 50's and love them i pump them regularly to enhance them as well. I am lucky becuase my wifes my boobs as well.

I wish I had gyno, oh well just make up for it with forms lol
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I had a minor case when I was young. Not enough for anyone else to notice. I got the fibrous discs under the nipple that are common at the start of breast growth. Apparently that is not uncommon and most people grow out of it (as I did.)

Corinne, yes, pointing outwards is not unusual. Mine do, and I was recently discussing with some GG whose do also.

I had suffered with that in school, larger than normal breasts coupled with dark and big areolas got me picked on a lot but now I don't mind it. I stopped using forms because of it.

I too had the same issue. Being teased was really bad when I played basketball, shirts /skin at 5-8th grade level.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    Corinne, yes, pointing outwards is not unusual. Mine do, and I was recently discussing with some GG whose do also.
    It just goes to prove that no one is immune to the idealized female form put forth by society.

I can imagine how horrible it would be to suffer from this as a kid. As someone who deals with students, they are mean spiteful people. But now that I'm 49 and been cd'ing since I was 10, I wish I could have this affliction. i'm at that point where I could deal with the comments and still be happy.

I've always had gyno, when I started taking hormones after cross-dressing for so long they started to tingle and I've just had further development with them.

I used to work on construction when I was younger, which gave me big pecs and a lot of muscle all over. Now that I'm older the big pecs have gotten flabby, and feel more like boobs. I can fill a B cup without assistance. (With most bras.) this has caused me some problems when ordering breast forms. I generally prefer to wear a D cup, but I have to order down a size or two to make up for my natural projection. I don't remember having larger than normal breasts as a teenager, but I was mostly skin and bones back then.

I too was teased when in grade school while playing basketball, where one team wore T Shirt, and the other bare skin. I hated it, always hoped I would get picked for the T Shirt team, but many times that did not happen. Now after many years what then was a problem is now a nice thing, I often wear a open cup bra , nice feeling with supported breast rubbing against a silk blouse.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have never been diagnosed with gynecomastia, but I had 36 B boobs when I was 9 years old, according to our doctor. He told my dad that I should wear a bra or else have fallen breasts later in life. Other than my time in the military, I have worn a bra ever since. In the 1950's, when I was in the Navy, I was a size 40 B and still am! I do not wear falsies at all, as I don't need them! I did not get teased when in grade school as I was bigger than almost everybody else!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I never had them in my youth. I was always fit and trim. Lately, since coming out of the closet, I have deliberately let myself go a bit, by not doing pushups. My chest is getting more loose and I am enjoying the cleavage I am getting naturally. There will come a time when I will go and get fit again, but for this point in time in my life, it is what I am doing and enjoying.
    Di

Aspiring Member
    I can remember as a kid in grade school one of the boys in my class had this very problem. The other kids teased him unmercifully and I felt very badly for him. I was never part of the finger pointing bunch and felt no reason to be.
    The saddest part was that a as result of this constant teasing, this boy totally withdrew, had zero friends and zero trust in anybody. He always looked at you like a dog that's been beat too much.
    I often think about him when I read a thread like this, I wonder how he turned out, if he ever got over it and ever opened up at all.

had them in high school, never went swiming, always wore shirt, today the maidenform bra fitter says Ihave a B cup

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    I was never teased growing up, I was into sports and nobody ever commented. It just wouldn't have been cool to notice anyones body like that in the locker room. Plus I could hold my own growing up so if it was spoken I would probably have kicked some behind. I just love my breast now, and would be lost without them.
    I want to be this girl!

I have had Gynecomastia as long as I remember. When I was a young kid they hurt very bad sometime. But there was nothing they could do or nothing my family were willing to pay for. But I was okay with it, nobody bothered me. I tried to hide them as much as I could when we had to take showers after gym. But later I grew to enjoy my boobs very much.

Silver Member
    I guess about 12 was when I became endowed with boobs as big as some of the girls. I was not fat or overweight. I was teased a lot about them, but I also was a very good sports player. Running I could feel my breasts bouncing in high school. I'm a C cup. I don't wear polo shirts in guy mode because they show the girls. On the other hand I like them in girl mode.

Yeah, me too. Since I was about 11 or 12. Lots of kidding, and sure didn't like playing shirts/skin games. I even have a principal in junior high school suggest that I wear a bra. I don't remember what I said, probably nothing, and I especially didn't tell him that I already was at home.

Now, I love my 38B breasts, and I'm glad I have them. And, wish they were bigger.
    Hugs,

Teddie

Joanie, Also had them for years. Doctor has even done breast examine. Hugs Roberta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

THey came and went, and came back. My weight fluctuated as a kid, so did the boobs. After puberty, I lost weight and kept it off for many years, the little bit of fat tissue that made the pre teen boobs was less than notice able once all the muscle mass in my shoulders, arms, chest and back developed to the point where I had quite a v taper. As I got older, the fat came back gradually, and now I'm a bit overweight, with b/c boobs to go with it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.