Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you could be "cured", would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Going solely on the title of your thread my response is: "cured" ??!!! are you serious? ... that implies that I'm sick .... I'm not! No thanks. I like the way I am.
    You can "cure" a ham by placing it in a room full of smoke....so I guess all the years I spent in smoky bars means I am cured.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah J. View Post
    Here's food for thought. In the movie "The Matrix" our hero Neo is given the choice of a red or a blue pill. One would send him back to his imaginary life in the Matrix and one would free him from the Matrix and let him live in the real world. I know this a stretch of an analogy, but: If given the choice of a blue or pink pill. The blue "curing" you for good of CDing or the pink leaving you as you are, which would you take? I'll have a pink one please!
    ME TOO, ME TOO!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Lodge View Post
    Is there a 3rd option for curing the male side for good?
    Yes. A knife!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

i am not sick so there for i do not need a pill to fix anything i like me as i am breast form and all ah maybe real lager breast would do Hugs Ronda
    hugs
    Ronda

Who wants to be cured?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

ill have both , is there tracers off these pills?
    finaly trying to mind this poor body that ive been thrashing for years .

If by being cured I could end the obsession I have with dressing at certain times of the year, end the stress that is relieved only by dressing, get rid of the depression and self-loathing that follows dressing, lose the suicidal ideations that I have, get back the friends I have lost over the years due to their revulsion with my private habits, get back to the level of intimacy and friendship I had with my wife before she learned of my "hobby" and lead a norm life of, I don't even know what's normal anymore...fantasy football and mancaves? well, then, yes, i would take the "cure." Sure, I enjoy this more than anything else I do, but to be "normal," for once in my life, might be nice. Look at girls and women not for how they are dressed (that would look so much better on me; could I wear that outfit...) but just to be a typical male idiot and drool over them, not so bad, perhaps. Relief, I suppose. I am a good guy, I love my family and they love me, and no, I do not really think there SHOULD BE anything wrong with this; we are just bombarded with messages that it is wrong. And before you flame me about how all the above conceptions are wrong, that I am somehow to blame for feeling badly for the results of this little habit of mine, that this is not a sickness, keep in mind that we cannot control what happens in our heads. I am being honest here, I feel the way I do because I do; nothing can change that.
    Last edited by Catherine1122; 12-17-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: complete the thought

ummm F no I love both sides of me a cure for this no thanks.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I didn't in any way want to imply that any of us need to be "cured". I was simply implying what a lot of society thinks of us. Just sort of a "fun" question. I believe that one of the reasons that CDing is considered "incurable" (that society thing again) is that it's so pleasurable that no WANTS to give it up. I certainly don't. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by tara t View Post
    Maybe......I'm not saying

Quote Originally Posted by tara t View Post
    Maybe........I just don't know.......anything is possible.......Maybe Big Sister is watching
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 12-19-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Merged Please use the multi quote button
    [SIZE="5"][/SIZE]Deborah J.

Platinum Member
    I don't consider myself to be ill, so no cure is required. Once upon a time I thought otherwise. I was never truly at peace until I accepted myself for the person I am. No pills for me.

cured? Of what?

Aspiring Member
    Despite all the hassle/confusion I've caused myself in my life through being this way, I just can't imagine not being like this. I don't do drugs, but in this case I'll take the pink pill, lol

I had a very long talk with the estranged wife last night, and it came to something similar to this idea. In the end she and I agreed to look into it together and separately, to see if such a thing as the 'blue pill' (as called in this thread) exists. Honestly, I would probably take it if it were affordable. But, the priority, as I told my wife, was that our efforts for cures needed to go into saving her life first, as she has Lupus and MCS and other major, life-threatening issues that will kill her if they are not cured. My crossdressing isn't life-threatening, although it is relationship and marriage threatening. If I ever do get anywhere with this, I'll let you all know. (I'm not looking at pharmaceutical firms' offerings - they make more money from us if we transition than if we don't so they have no incentive to explore this.)

Why would I take the blue pill? Life would be easier, yes. Relationships would be easier, yes. Having met many CDs and many more TSs now, I would have to say if one were to be open and honest all one's life, if one were to know what the future holds all the way from the beginning, and if one began young (when it appears to be easier to pass and easier to make changes before one gets entrenched physically in one's body and hormones), I think it *would* be best to follow ones heart and feelings become what you desire, regardless of 'pills'. I think I'm having the hardest time facing this at 50, with years of hiding, years of denial, yearning for acceptance in one form and establishing what I could, then having to switch at this moment and reestablish myself in another gender.... sigh... it's overwhelming at times.

If I do come to the point of actually facing the choice of such a 'cure' I will be both torn to turn away and yet eager to deny that I need it or want it. I'm *such* a Libra!!!!!

Hugs,
    Ann
    Last edited by Ann Thomas; 12-17-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: additonal thought

NOOOOOOO - I only just found myself and I'd hate to lose it again now!
    love

Cat

Before coming out I would have gone blue for sure. Now....no way. I'd let "Big Pharma" keep their pill.

I'm out to basically everyone i know, all have been brilliant, i'm free to wear what i like around any of them, but i can never fully explain myself to any of them and so i can always see the glint of misunderstanding in their eyes. For that, i would take the blue pill each and every time.

If you could be "cured", would you?
    Yes. Absolutely. In a second. No question what so ever.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I am not sick and do not need to be cured, I like both of me. The only thing that needs to be cured is my failure to leave the closet.

Banned Read only
    It is interesting in the manner a lot of people jumped on the question as to whether they would opt out of cross dressing if it was as simple as taking a pill. I think the poster was not implying there was something inherently wrong about cross dressing or the cross dresser. A simple question made complex over semantics.

Catherine1122 makes valid points. Yes, if one were not a cross dresser, life would be a lot less complicated for the vast majority of cross dressing guys. To expunge the desire to cross dress, and, maybe have no recollection of doing so would be an ideal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzieLod View Post
    cured? Of what?
    Cured of what? I thought curing was what they do to hams and turkeys. No thanks,, allergic to smoke.

Cured/// cured from what??? When are people going to finally realize that this is who we are... I must say quiet normal at that... Many of us have married, brought children into this world, raised them, supported our families, served in the military... Please tell me where in the definition of normal we do not fit... I love who I am...

Interesting question and I could come up with a complex answer, but to be honest it seems like a pointless idea. To be 'cured' would change me so much, I would cease to be me anymore. Might aswell say, do you wish another sperm made it ahead of you!

It's not me that needs curing, its society that needs the cure.

I have been cured already. I accepted who I am and am proud of it.

I have far too much fun to give it up and hurt absolutely nobody else in doing so. Pink pill, s'il vous plait.

As much as I LOVE wearing pantyhose, and do so as often as I can, I would scarf down the blue pill in a New York Minute. It would un-complicate a couple of pretty important issues in my life, and certainly give me more direction and focus. Although my wife has been becoming increasingly tolerant of my dressing over the years, I would do it as a gift for her, in a way. She would appreciate it, I'm sure. And if this magical pill were to give me 100% fulfillment as a man, then I'd be OK with that.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)