Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How important to you is a 'flat front'?

How important to you is a 'flat front'?

Hello all,
    I posted this question over 5 years ago on this forum and thought Id bring it back as it is a very important aspect of my CDg and my 'feminine' persona.

I was wondering how important it is to you to have a smooth and feminine looking 'flat front'. For me it is extremely important. Ive always been very jealous of females and their flat fronts. It is a huge psychological as well as a visual thing for me. Even if Im dressed such that my male parts would not be seen (such as when wearing loose fitting pants/shorts or a dress/skirt) I just dont feel 'right' without a flat front.

I am 'blessed/cursed' in that I have very small male genitals so achieving a flat front does not require too much effort (although I probably go overboard). Without getting into specifics I will say I dont need to use glue. tape, etc. I know for many of you it is not easy.

So please post your thoughts on this subject. Id prefere if your comments concentrate more on the 'why it is/isnt important to have a flat front' that your tucking technique as there is a separate thread on this forum specifically for that purpose. All comments on this subject are more than welcome!

Thanks to all,
    Luv and Hugs,
    Patti Remick
    Last edited by Patti Remick; 12-17-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Obviously, if I'm wearing female clothes and presenting as a female, I don't want my "bulge" showing. I try to tuck somewhat, but I won't go overboard with tape, super glue, etc. At some point, I'll have to use the bathroom.

It's pretty well controlled by my padded panties but another thing is the selection of the skirt, jeans, etc. Some show the bulge, some do not.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Im definitely in the flat front group having a big icky bulge there is just not fem at all. Im with Linda I dont use tape or a gaff just a good fitting pair of panties that is all I need to keep things looking fem
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

A flat front is totally IMPERATIVE for me. Over the years I perfected my tucking technique. Nowadays I can wear pretty much anything and not worry about any sort of bulge in the nether regions.

I like a flat front, still trying to figure out how to tuck, i dont like the idea of tape. I have a gaff and that works well i wear it under my panties, but still cant get that nice flat look. My wife just got me a nice pair of levis leggins and they look great but the buldge is still showing a little.

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    Depending on where your at, CDer or Transgendered, there's nothing like achieving a flat front naturally, having the evil twins removed with their home and already having a micro member has been wonderful for my self esteem so much that my plans for a BA were put on hold indefinitely ;-)

Patti -
    A flat look is very important to feel feminine. I don’t do anything special either – simple tucking seems to do the trick. When I’m getting dressed and I slip on my panties, the closer I look like your avatar, the more feminine I feel as I start my temporary transition.
    Wendy

To put it succinctly, I don' like it no matter what mode I am in. I find rather...ugly
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I find it quite important, I wouldn't go all out and over-the-top as it's impractical but it feels more feminine when flat.

I have always achieved a "flat front".
    Even in male mode. I felt it was gross to present otherwise.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I would think the response is universal that any cross dresser wishing to pass as a woman wants a "flat front." If you are attempting to appear as womanly as possible, why would you want the tell tale sign of manhood? If I want to look as womanly as possible, would I not want to wear a bra with something that would suggest or create the illusion of natural breasts? So, as I sit banging on the keyboard I am wearing a bra with enhancements and somewhat concealing my manhood without feeling uncomfortable.

I had a smile come to my face because the question also made me think back to the time period when television shows or movies sometimes poked fun at the attempt of boys to 'enhance' the appearance of their manhood by using a rolled up sock in their pants! Somehow that was suppose to make the young girls swoon!

Anything other than a flat front reminds me of parts I could really do without. I basically stay tucked 24/7. Even under a dress that would not show a bulge-I would know.-Celeste
    p.s. Just some not too stretchy panties is all I've ever needed to achieve it. There are advantages to being hung like a nine year old.
    Last edited by I Am Paula; 12-17-2012 at 12:32 PM.

A flat front is very important when I go out dressed. I used to think a tight panty was good for this, but bodyshapers and girdles are better for tucking.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Glue! Tape I can understand how but GLUE! And SUPERGLUE!?! Or having the evil twins removed? Won't there be side effects of that? Like growing boobs? Dang. Where is that straight razor anyway?

It depends on what you want to do en femme and how much freedom of movement you may need but I agree a flat front is intrinsic for the overall feminine presentation. I mostly depend on my briefs, pantyhose, padded panty (sometimes body briefer), slip and dress for concealment as I need to move freely as I dance a lot when I go out. Others may want to run a somewhat tighter "ship" though. As was mentioned, however, you will have to go to the rest room at some point and that could mean some serious de-construction if you are too trussed up.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I too have a small package, but with tucking cant seem to get the flat appearance that I would like. I seen tutorials but with no avail. Does anyone know if having a very skinny figure not allow the room for the boys to hide away?

I also keep them tucked away, all the time, in both Fem or male modes.
    Stephanie

Like stephNE I too am tucked 24/7 and have become so accustomed to it that it feels unnatural to be any other way.
    But to answer the question...it's of utmost importance to me to be smooth and flat in that area when I am dressed. I want no part of it and don't want anyone else to know it's there.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm with majority here -- it's a necessity!

A flat front is very important to me. I'm a little self-conscious when dressed en femme and will try to monitor "where things are" periodically so that my front is flat. I don't want to see anything at all. Actually, I wish there was nothing to begin with, but that's cause for a new thread in the TS Forum.

I feel like I'm going to go against the grain here, but this isn't something that's really important for me. Obviously I don't want a bulge to show, but I do this through the choice of what I'm wearing, rather than doing any tucking. I'm very wary of doing anything unnatural/uncomfortable with a very sensitive area.

A flat front is a must. A bulge just ruins the look of my outfit and I just can't have that.
    Kelly

You ARE Loved.
    You BELONG in this World.

Platinum Member
    HPatti, Why would any crossdresser not want a flat front.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Ha....I never had to worry about that. I just wear the clothes and there is no lump or sign of anything. There isn't much there to begin with and all that is left after putting on panties just kind of dissapears. I have a flat front without any effort at all. It was a problem when I was young and in school when I had to take showers with all the boys and live with the ridicule. They made quite a sport of me. Now it is a blessing for sure.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Like stephNE and Cheryl I tuck 24/7 (unless I'm in the shower). I have perfected my tuck both with and without tape. I know I've done an exceptional tuck when I can see the little v-gap at the top inside of my thighs. Being flat is critical to me especially when wearing tight jeans or shorts.