Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what inspired you

When I was 4 or 5, I wanted to dress up as a girl because their clothes were so much nicer than mine. I felt that I should have been born a girl, but somehow I was a boy by mistake. When I was 10 or 11, I tried on my mom's bra, panties and slip.Then I tried some of her makeup. I've never stopped crossdressing since.

Hosiery. As a very small child (4 or 5) I remember sitting on my mom's or aunt's laps and rubbing their nylon-covered legs. As I got older and started going to school, the first thing I noticed were the teacher's legs, all of them encased in nylon. Then one day, at age 13, I was home sick from school and my mom was getting dressed to go shopping and at the last minute, decided to take off her pantyhose and just wear slacks. The small, bunched-up object laying on the floor called to me, and I managed to struggle into them. The rest is history. That was 38 years ago.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Sandra, ditto. Very similar situation--same triggers for me. Especially one teacher, who always wore skirts, hose and heels/boots. I was in the first row and smitten, both with her and her legs, and wished they were mine and the I could wear what she wore. We had a laundry chute down to the basement. Because I had my model-building stuff down there, I had a convenient excuse to rummage through mom's dirty laundry. The jackpot was when there was a slip or dress or skirt there, so I could get the full effect (mom conveniently left some older heels in storage...and guess who got good use out of them?) The rest is indeed history, though like you from the waist up I am built like a linebacker so the illusion is only from the waist down. But it was a sad the when I outgrew my mom's things and it was probably 6 years until I had a girlfriend who was 5'10 to my 5'11" and then it was game on!
    Last edited by Gretchen_To_Be; 12-21-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Here is one of our threads that I came across by accident late last night, and oh my, it certainly goes to the heart of this thread. Get a cuppa and settle in and check it out:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...555-your-story

Kisses to you all,
    Elfin
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    My parents had this Tania Tucker album when I was a kid. The fold-out cover mesmerized me...

I seem to remember always loving to read through the womens sections in the Sears and Penneys catalogs as a youth. Very inspiring. I did not just look at the pretty pictures, I actually read the descriptions and learned all of the fashion terms and the different styles.

Platinum Member
    I'm not sure if there was a specific inspiration. Certainly I was aware that my older sister dressed differently than my brothers and I. I even remember having recurring dreams of women in bras, panties and stockings...at maybe four years of age. At the same time I evidently was doing things my brothers found effeminate...so I learned quickly to hide or suppress that side of myself.

When I was 13 my mom left a copy of the book "everything you ever wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask" conspicuously on a bookshelf in the living room where I was sure to see it. Sure enough I did and one night I snuck out of my room and got it and read it cover to cover. There was a whole chapter on crossdressing and it got me so aroused. The next day at school I noticed every girls outfits in a whole new light and knew I had to try one on. I was a latch key kid. Parents were divorced. As soon as I got home from school I went straight to my moms closet and put on a sweater and skirt. The rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    The only plausible explanation involves alien abduction....... most likely Canadians sneaking across the Detroit River at night......
    Nah, not very likely...think: "War of 1812-1814". Been there; done that .

Besides, we're probably the only aliens that you don't deport...

I was curious as a child. My earliest memory is trying on a pair of my mom's nylons when I was around 10 years old. That's where it all began.

For me is was my eldest sister, who by anyone's standards was and is drop-dead gorgeous. Remember fondly the 9 year old me watching the 16 year old her get all dolled up. It was such an amazing thing to quietly in the background watch how she was able to transform herself into such a cover girl, supermodel. She was my inspiration from day one, always wishing I could be her sister, be just like her.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    Yay Lord of the Rings and A Game of Thrones, you have great taste Jessica
    Don't forget Sharp's Rifles.

It all started way back before there was internet, Microwave Ovens, when 8 Track tapes were the latest and greatest thing.
    Then it was just womens underwear.

Now some 40 years later it has progressed to full dressing. I am much more comfortable with who I am.
    And life is good for the most part.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by AngoraGirl View Post
    When I was 13 my mom left a copy of the book "everything you ever wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask" conspicuously on a bookshelf in the living room where I was sure to see it. Sure enough I did and one night I snuck out of my room and got it and read it cover to cover. There was a whole chapter on crossdressing and it got me so aroused. T.

Bingo to that, same cause here, I was give that boot for my "sex education" there was a statement in said chapter describing the feeling of wearing an angora sweater, had to try one of mom's to see what it felt like.

My first experience was when I saw a basket of lingerie that belonged to my Aunt. I tried on a long silk night gown and loved the feel of the soft silk against my naked skin. I became very excited at the time. I eventually became interested in any lingerie I was able to try on. I would read the store catalogs so I understood how to wear bra's, girdles, slips, eventually graduating to being fully dressed. In my young adult life I began to experiment with wigs and make up, eventually shaving my body hair. The first time I felt the nylons against my naked legs was exciting. Now that I am 24/7 I am very comfortable in my en femme way of life. I spend most evenings relaxing in some silky lingerie when home alone.

I'm pretty certain it was the clothing catalogues my Mum used to get that first made me fall in love with female clothes. I used to spend hours looking through the female section wishing I could wear the clothes in the pictures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When I was fourteen one of my sister's and a friend thought it would be fun to have me wear a dress. Don't really think I ever looked back since then.

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    My mom was an incredibly beautiful woman with a 21" waist (36D-21-40 approx) when she was young. She had really sophisticated lingerie and I was fascinated by it from the time I was 2-3 years old. Sometimes, her clothes almost seemed like armor and maybe that's at the core of this whole thing because it often feels safer in them than guy clothes as long as I'm in private that is.

Hard to say, really. I remember the thrill of trying on my mom's bras, stockings, and panties. She also had old-school Kotex belts, and I remember putting that on with a pad.

Then there was the excitement of buying my first pair of panties - I was probably about 10 and there was a dime store within walking distance of my house.

I just remember wondering and wanting to know what I would look like as a girl, so I tried on my mothers clothes. I wore her basic black dress, pantyhose and a blond wig she had. I didn't look like my mother though more like my father in a dress. My mother was very pretty, a friend of mine from High School had stopped by to see me one day but I wasn't home. When I saw him in school the next day, he told me that my sister said I wasn't home. I don't have a sister that was my mom. He said wow....Hugs Jaymee

My inspiration.

Granny XXX.jpg
    Last edited by Aloha Jayne; 01-03-2013 at 10:41 AM.
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    That sounds like a plausible theory to me, except I am in England, do the Canadians have a network that large?
    You don't know the half of it! Right now, and every winter they take over our town leaving us subject to their crowding and criticisms. And this is southwestern Arizona!

Quote Originally Posted by SandraInHose
    Hosiery. As a very small child (4 or 5) I remember sitting on my mom's or aunt's laps and rubbing their nylon-covered legs. As I got older and started going to school, the first thing I noticed were the teacher's legs, all of them encased in nylon. Then one day, at age 13, I was home sick from school and my mom was getting dressed to go shopping and at the last minute, decided to take off her pantyhose and just wear slacks. The small, bunched-up object laying on the floor called to me, and I managed to struggle into them. The rest is history. That was 38 years ago.
    That's pretty similar to me. I had an attraction to satin ever since I was a small child. But I can remember riding in a car with my grandmother when I was about five years old and admiring how smooth her nylon covered legs were. I never acted on that until I was in junior high school. The girls often wore short dresses and pantyhose and there were numerous hosiery ads on TV. I caught my brother trying on our mom's pantyhose one day and I joined in. I was instantly hooked and things grew (in more than one way ) from there.