Thread: A lovely conversation

Platinum Member

A lovely conversation

The past few weeks, I've been working away from home quite a bit, and I've come to know some of the staff at the Marriott quite well. Tonight, I returned from a dinner meeting around 8 and decided to spend a few hours en femme. (For the record, the usual foundations, my medium length dishwater blonde wig, a light green shaker knot sweater and natural cotton slacks.) Sitting alone the hotel room isn't all that much fun, so I took a stroll to the lobby then out the front door and around the exterior.

I passed a few other guests outside and in the lobby with no apparent reactions. As I came near the front door on my return, I almost bumped into the young lady who works at the front desk in the weekday evenings. We had talked quite often before, but she had never seen me dressed as a woman before tonight.

Her response was everything one might hope for. She first asked if there was anything that I needed, and there wasn't. I just explained that I needed to get out of my room for a little while. At that point she asked if I'd like to stay and talk with here, as it was very quiet at the front desk. So, I did, spending the past 45 minutes just talking about her life, new baby, and new job and my job and family.

For a young woman who grew up in northeast Texas, she was surprisingly at ease. Not even an initial look of surprise. Everyone has different goals for themselves...for me, i value being able to feel and be treated as a normal person and to engage in people in comfortable, natural conversation in everyday situations. That, for me, is real.

That is an awesome story Kim. The way you were dressed didn't matter because you are a nice person.

Definately a conversation that I would have liked to have been a part of. I'm happy that you got to enjoy a "real" 45 minutes Kim!
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

I think this is what we are all hoping for. Good for you and hope it happens again and again.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Very nice!
    I agree - she probably knows you are a good person and responded in kind.

For all the baddies out there, there are still some real sweethearts.

Aye, Kim, this is what we're looking for, isn't it? There are people who will treat you right.

It means a lot that she invited you to stand at the frontdesk with her. It's nice to not be "accepted", but hidden away. It's great to be seen as a human being.

I know what you mean . That's my down fall is my mouth ! Go figure !! No matter what I have on I will always chat up someone where ever I am .
    An being we are who we are an the conversation is always way more important than my attire I'll forget .
    So I know what you mean when you wanted to get out the room an be in the Mix .
    Nothing Fancy just general conversation with another Person .
    An not starting off with WHY ! Just talking about everyday stuff . Yea I am Glad you got to meet someone like her . There are a whole bunch of people like her out there ,,, I have met a lot of them . We all have our differences ,, But a nice person is just a plain old Nice person no matter what they where or don't wear .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

It is comforting to know that there are people out there that are broad minded. Thank you for sharing a lovely encounter.
    Love, Sabrina

Great story Kim, and very inspiring. It must have been wonderful.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Thats the best gift anyone could hope for!
    Thanks for sharing Kim!
    bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Nice story Kim, good for you.

I know it is silly but I am still apprehensive about talking to staff in hotels that have seen me as a man and then dressed.
    It is nice to interact with women in a natural way and I have been able to enjoy it immensely over the years.
    Occasionally it has been uncomfortable when someone in the group does not know what I am.
    I usually have plenty of support when this happens.
    But good for you Kim and I assume a little unnerving when it gets to intimate personal details.
    If this happens to me I make sure I have already established my bona fides.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That's nice.
    Being treated like just any other customer is a great feeling.

What a great experince for you!
    Hugs, Carole

Pssst...Kim...the maid found your stuff and had already told the staff...

OK OK they didn't but I had to give the closets something to talk about

Great story, glad you had a good time
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Great story indeed. Would certainly be nice if the world were more accepting. Good for you.

Aspiring Member
    That's sweet, glad to know some people are accepting

Good for you! Stories like this give us all hope.

My best out of the blue conversation as a "real" woman came as I was shopping at Maurices in Aurora, IL. The girls there were incredibly nice as they picked out clothes for me to try on. I felt like I was with friends I'd known for years.

Kathleen Ann

That would be a real treasured moment for me... it sounds like it was for you. Haven't had the opportunity like you had .... yet.

Renne......

Great story. Couldn't have happened to a better person.

Thanks for describing your experience, Kim. That is really wonderful.

I say this over and over...Rogina meets lots of people in her out and about world,as I am out anywhere and everywhere 4 or 5 times a week. Most are very genuine in their acceptance and also most are very curious as to our lives.[Members of my UU church especially] You can choose your answers depending on the conversation.I find that once I sprinkle in a bit about my wife and daughter,they then come to realize that we may also be human!lol Seriously,it is very easy to bond with GG's as "immitation is the greatest flattery". Last night we were comparing pedicure tecniques..I really enjoy walking away knowing that I have "won over" another person's opinion of a T person.Because the female bartenders enjoy talking to me,[when I am at the restaurant across the street] now the redneck guys even say "hi" or try to include me in a conversation. I am glad others are not encountering "angry mobs with torches and pitchforks"..Enjoy being out!
    Last edited by Rogina B; 12-20-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Platinum Member
    Thanks everyone for the comments. I must say, that the only concern I had was for her. If I had a concern, it was for her..I didn't want to adversely affect her in some was as I didn't know how other patrons might have viewed the situation.

My take away is that people are generally considerate, friendly and supportive. It's our fears that get in the way.