Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "I Burned all my Clothes"

I think if I burned all my female clothes, the conflagration would put the Burning Man bonfire to shame. I’d definitely have to contact the local Fire Marshal to get a couple of engines standing by just in case.

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Wilde View Post
    Just to add to Kazs' answer, Guy Fawkes did exist and we celebrate Guy Fawkes night due to his "gunpowder plot". On 5 Nov 1605 he stacked loads of gunpowder under the houses of parliament with the plan of killing the king and parliament. Who wouldn't celebrate someone who decided to do something about the useless **** we have in there? lol
    Isn't that where the term 'guy' orginated from to identify male types? "That guy ......."

Jen
    :2rose:

Indeed it is, though his name was actually Guido Fawkes!

Somehow saying Hey Guidios, let's go to the bar, (or Pub or Tavern which ever way you lean), doesn't quite cut it. But then again, I'm persnickety.

Jen

Depends..Bangalore, Delhi, Wash DC, Kabul..
    silly...i mean thats what i said to myself when i did that quite some time back..shud've given them away instead...in any case one does get collecting again...

I agree that burning your clothes is weird. But then, back in the 60's, when teenagers got religion they'd sometimes burn all their rock and roll records. Every time my mother found a stash of my nudie magazines she'd make me burn them. Then there were the various book-burnings throughout history. I guess some things are just too evil to throw in the trash.

Weird.

But...if I burned my clothes...I would have nothing to wear except dresses, panties, bras, high heel shoes, and 12 or thirteen wigs.

Or did I misunderstand?

I can't imagine destroying the many nice things I have. I've purged a few times by giving everything away but never burn.

if i burned what is left of my guy things, it would produce some heat. as it is cold in this house.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen
    I'm not planning on doing either, but I'm just wondering why other people would burn their clothes instead of donating them or throwing them away.
    [SIZE="2"]I would never burn my clothes – I would either give them to the local thrift shop (no questions asked, please), or I would store them in a safe place until my period of doubt ended. The thing is, if I burn something, ANYTHING, in my small town, the fire department will descend on me. When they discover that I’m burning women’s clothing, I’ll be in a right pickle, as my UK friends might say. Is he mad at his sister, perhaps? Is he a serial killer/rapist? Does he hate women? You don’t suppose he’s...gasp...a CROSSDRESSER, do you? Not a fun afternoon, I assure you...

Nope, I won’t be burning my clothes anytime soon - I much prefer to burn my bridges!
    [/SIZE]