Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever wish you could re-live your youth with what you know today?

Question Do you ever wish you could re-live your youth with what you know today?

Some of my fondest memories I have are from my youth and especially the time spent dressing in my moms wonderful clothes. I had lots and lots of opportunities to dress and it was just heavenly. My mom had some really nice clothes. I often wish I could have a do over but with what I know today, that would be awesome. Sigh....I often dream of those days, very wonderful dreams.

Banned Read only
    My fondest memories of my youth did not include cross dressing. That was a period of self loathing, disgust and self doubts about masculinity. It would have been nice to have the information available on the Internet that exists NOW. The internet back in my youth would have been filled with the thoughts of the day, which would not have been supportive of any sexual minorities. It would not have made a difference of the styles of the day. I think anyone who is in their forties, fifties and sixties would prefer to have been a young adult now.

I too remember dressing in Mom's clothes when she was away, it was fun but being in my 50's now I know it wasn't acceptable back then which made it even more of a challenge! I was so nervous when I was dressed but it was a lot of fun!!!
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

I pretty much lived it as you did and longed for the day when I could buy my own nice stuff. That time eventually happened and I was able to fulfill my dreams in a mature way. As they often say: "Youth is wasted on the young" but some of us have had a better handle on that than others.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I think most people have said, "I wish I knew then, what I know now". A permanent lament to what might have been, but that's the story of my life .

Maybe I would turn that round and re-live my time in the modern era, as the materials are so much nicer and affordable. Flannelette nighties in the Victorian years never did it for me .

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    I think most people have said, "I wish I knew then, what I know now". A permanent lament to what might have been, but that's the story of my life .

Maybe I would turn that round and re-live my time in the modern era, as the materials are so much nicer and affordable. Flannelette nighties in the Victorian years never did it for me .

Rebecca
    Yes, and also in the words of Bob Seger.....I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then....
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Yes, I would have married my crossdresser husband decades earlier and not do half of the stupid things I did as a youth. Most of life would be totally different. I have deep regrets from my past.
    Define "normal"

It's weird that the very thought asked in this discussion came to mind this morning.

I was basking in the thought of what I would have done as a teenager if I had known that there were other kids like me and that with a little effort I could have passed and enjoyed a memorable girlhood. One girl in highschool "accused" me of not being masculine - I should have been able to take that as a compliment and let it bolster my confidence! There were some girls who were real close friends who I'm sure would have helped me. They may even, I suspect, accepted me as "one of the girls" (at least part time). And of course there were other boys including one who we all thought was gay who, when I was at his house once, showed me a satin lined cape he bought - he put it on and twirled, and I wonder if he also did that in a hidden cache of skirts that we could have shared. I had an aunt who gave my mom bags of used clothes, some either too youthful or my size rather than my mom's. Did my Aunt guess? If I had confided in her would she have taken me shopping? A family services counselor I saw (for other issues) might have had a sympathetic ear and even might have smoothed a transition into girlhood for me. I was too fearful, uncertain and paranoid for any of this If I had only known then what I know now.....

My life scertaily would be alt differant if I had known then what know now.
    I certainly would have come out as a crossdresser then.
    I definitly would have changed whe I told my wife.

But that is all water over the dam now.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I feel very much as Anne does -- had I known more about what beiong TG meant, my life might have been very different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

WOW... Yes... However times were very very conservative then... The computer and changing mores have allowed us to realize that we are by far not alone i.e. this lovely forum did not exist... I visualize in the not distant future where appearing in public in one's chosen gender will be accepted and common...

Hi,

The what could have or might have been had i known, had that been the case i would not be where i am now, you know the saying a time & season for every thing , that has been my case in simple terms as i look back i see the way it has been ,

apart from a few issues & lack of understanding , i did know some things that would work in my favour long term, ...How... no i did not know nore was i bothered about that, i knew it would be right, ill sum it up this way .

there was a program that would be best for myself & its worked i may not understand it yet its where im ment to be,
    No i dont look back & think what may have been, i look forward to whats working & where i should be, & im content, & happy.

...noeleena...

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    If I knew back in my teens years what I know now I would have made many different decisions. Job, family, lifestyle decisions. But the path we took was really laid out for us by a higher power ( sorry not to offend anyone ) . I think back then I just didnt know what life was all about and growing up in a small town, you could say sheltered didnt help any. My advice to the youth today is get out, explore and take some chances. Some may backfire but the others will lead you to where you want to be.
    The real problem is that life does not come with a handbook. And if it did some one didnt give me mine.

"Hind sight is 20/20" its easier to look back and say "dang why didnt I do that" than to look to the future and figure out what is the best for us.
    Last edited by Erica Marie; 12-22-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Platinum Member
    I have so many things like to do over, but the one thing I wish I could do is get back to the little child I once was and give help him to understand that this feminine part of him wasn't something to be ashamed of or afraid of. That underlying self doubt and self loathing tarnished so many aspects of my life. I still turned out ok,mi guess, but carried that weight needlessly for so many years. Yes, I'm sure I would have come out sooner and enjoyed myself more, but the real benefit would have been internal.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 12-22-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Yea to all the answers ,,, An I would be a Girl truck driver ,,, Now what cha think about that ? Woops ,,,Gotta watch that skirt ,,,DOH !!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

"Do you ever wish you could re-live your youth with what you know today?"

Every moment of my life!!!

Silver Member
    Yes I certainly do wish I could do that time again dressing wise with what I know now and allow myself to fully enjoy and embrace it as opposed the the angst and pain it caused me back then trying to understand why I was different !!!

Zits, desire to fit, social pressure, insecurity---yep, all the good old teenage stuff. Its's rough enough now without that much of the afore mentioned (unless you still have them, like I do).
    joank
    Southern California

Of course I do, I can't be alone in the isolation and turmoil suffered when young. Everything would have changed had I had even some of the knowledge I now have.

If I was 20 again with what I know now I would be a very different person.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Most of the time i answer yes to that question.Hopefully i would of acceppted my self more than what i did ,there was a lot of guilt and way to much purging !!.It was only about 5 or 6 years ago that i finnally came to terms with who i am and im much happier about it no guilt no more purging for me
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I think it's safe to say a great many people would take a do-over with the 'if I knew then what I know now' caveat.

For starters, I'd be a millionaire rock star, and probably a cross-dressing one at that! I'd have been a trend-setter before Boy George and RuPaul! LOL
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Some great answers! I agree with all of them I guess.. my life would certainly have been very different as I would have made very different choices. Now if I could be that child in today's world of opportunities is another altogether, and would lead to even different choices!!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Satin View Post
    Do you ever wish you could re-live your youth with what you know today?
    OMG yes! ...... and if I could I would for sure without a single doubt, embrace my feminine side earlier and without guilt.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Getting a "do over" of some event in the past (long ago past for some of us) is one of my favorite daydreams. Wearing Mom's cloths, coming of age experimentation with either sex, or doing something different with my education. Fun and interesting stuff but I'm afraid any deviation from my actual decisions could well have resulted in a life that would be missing my greatest joys and accomplishments. But daydreaming about what might have been...all the time