Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever wish you could re-live your youth with what you know today?

Yes and No. I have a great life a loving wife two great kids three beautiful grandkids. If I could relive my youth with out the guilt and shame I might be Janelle right now. But I probably would have wife and kids and grandkids. I regret the guilt and shame but I am very blessed.
    Hugs Janelle
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Originally I would answer yes, but the more I think about going back into my youth and changing things for the better ex. not making dating mistakes and losing out on many potential girl friends, embracing my TG a lot sooner than I did, etc. would change things for the worse. Basically as downright sad, miserable, but also happy as my youth was, and the many attempts I made to "be normal" they all led to me 1. Meeting my lovely wife who is that wonderful accepting GG that I dreamed and fantasized about when I was younger. 2. For me being who I am today, any alteration of the events of my youth, no matter how painful and downright depressing they were, might have changed this outcome. Yes I might have been a milionare living in a mansion and official 1%er, but all of that would be wothless to be living the life and still trying to cure myself and get rid of my femm side.

Now if I could change things from my youth as far as TG issue's go. 1. I would have saved all of the JC Penny, Sears Catalogs, Fashion Magazines, etc. that my mother recieved. Unfashion related items 1. I would have never opened all the Transformers and GI Joe toys I recieved during childhood. To think how valuable an unopened vintage Megatron, and Optimus Prime from 1985 would be today. 2. I would have taken pictures from my favorite malls of my youth that are now demolished for the benefit of DeadMalls.com.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

If I could, I would have started dressing back in my early 20's; now I'm 48 and have SO much to learn!

Growing up in a rough neighborhood with an alcoholic father, the knowledge I have today would not have helped much. A couple of body guards would have.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

When I was young I wish I had the courage to tell Mum how I was feeling inside, I came close so many times but I all ways lost my nerve. I would sometimes leave things in my room that were hers, she would retrieve them and say nothing, which I feel made it worse. If she had confronted me I would have told her the truth, about how I was feeling. Sometimes I think my life would have been much better if I had told her the truth. So yes I would like to re-live my youth, if I could I would have told the truth to my Mum and maybe could have started accepting my self much sooner.

As much as I would have loved to go to Prom all dressed up, I really think I would rather do my 20's again with todays knowledge. Life would be so much better. I think I would have become a hairdresser or cosmotologist so I could dress as a woman more often and would most likely have been accepted for it here in South Florida.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Banned Read only
    Oh my, yes! Hopefully, I 'd make a lot less mistakes, a lot more money, and spend a lot more time being who I've always wanted to be.

I do
    this time I wouldn't ride the motorcycle on march 5 my senior year of school, that put me on crutches for 2 years when the deer jumped in front of me. while I was doing 85 MPH

just before I broke my leg, I had a full head of curlers styling my hair, saying to my self I wish I was a girl.
    (my right leg doesn't look so pretty now)

Last edited by MssHyde; 12-23-2012 at 02:39 AM.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Yes, I would love to as I think most anyone would. I know I would have at least indulged more into ballet at an earlier age then when I eventually did start. However, the world back in the 70's and 80's was no where near as accepting to the GLBT lifestyle as it is today, so I doubt there would have been much of a different lifestyle change that what I did have growing up.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Aspiring Member
    No if I had to grow up in the 60's again - too conservative and TSs and transitioning was even more difficult than today. If I could grow up in the 90's or later then I'd have a chance to realize I was TS and a full life as a woman - I would be tempting. But I would never would not want to have my children and my wife so no, I would not go back now. I would miss them too much.

My childhood was not bad, but not ideal. I got caught dressing and reprimanded. Too much suppression and depression that I would not want to go back and relive my same life.

I would love to go back 30 years and know what I know now with the help of sites like this one.

Aspiring Member
    Yes , I would love to turn back the clock or years and do things differently even if it didn't involve crossdressing.

Most certianly Yes. Had I known then about what I know now about being a TG/woman, I think I would have begun dressing much more fully (outerwer as much as underwear) away earlier when I started in childhood. I would have certainly also begun to try using make-up in my early adolesence. I think I also would have pushed my mom into letting me take dance as a child, instead of starting as a adult when I did.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

I'd have practiced my slap shots more.... worked on skating skills.......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It would not change my TG life much except I may not have married but then I would miss my kids. I would invest in some early startups like microsoft and apple.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

You can't live or fret about the past. I live for today, which has been great for moi.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Absolutely, Suzy. My mom had the most wonderful closet and dresser. I loved to try to emulate her appearance.

If I knew then what I know now, life would have been much, MUCH different.

There are some things I would have done differently, but not too many. I would not have made the mistakes that came between my wife and myself over cross dressing - mistakes which, fortunately, have been overcome. I would have been more tolerant. I might have become a proper Doc instead of a shrink.

I would still have had my time in the Army as a combat medic - and strangely, one of the best shots in the Army. Strange, isn't it? Trained so that I could kill at 1000 yards, yet my main job was to look after peoples health.

I think that as we mature, our values change. I used to be a hunting, shooting, fishing kind of guy, but one day, I shot a hare. I was inaccurate, and that little animal screamed in agony. I don't think I have ever felt such self revulsion in my life, because I did it just because I could. I did not need that hare to eat - and that strange little incident turned things around for me. Good God, I even scoop the fruit flies out of my red wine now. Overcompensation or what?

If there is nothing you would change, you are either blessed indeed.or blind to reality. Perhaps that little animal's death was not useless.

Amanda.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I honestly don't know. I am not sure how my parents would have handled it if I told them then. I never told my mom and she's gone now. My dad knows and accepts, but I am not sure about then.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]I was terribly immature. Just a little bit more maturity would have certainly helped a lot. The trouble is that immaturity is the very definition of childhood and youth![/SIZE]

Sometimes I do. When I was 11 or 12 was the last time I fit in my moms shoes. Had I known then what I would become I would have taken more chances. One of the best memories I have was when I was 11 and mom and brother were gone all day, I spent the entire day dressed and roaming around in heels. Was the greatest day of my young life, I wish I had done that more often as I did have many opportunities but was to scared to get caught.
    How often do you daydream about finding a genie's lamp...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah C. View Post
    "Do you ever wish you could re-live your youth with what you know today?"

Every moment of my life!!!
    I was going to say every damn day, but this is closer to it

If I could go back and relive my life, I would avoid the credit card trap, set my education goals higher than junior college, pick a different career choice, and leave this podunk town I've lived in most of my life.

Crossdressing-wise, I would stock up on the panties that started my crossdressing, JC Penney "Day of the Week" bikinis. I've seen individual panties sell on eBay for over $50! A mint box would bring a small fortune. I would also stock up on Penney's "Nice-N-Spicy" slips. They came in such great colors and when you can find slips nowadays, They are just black, white, beige, and occasionally red. Of course, I would need to know to buy the clothing in the size I am now.

Having the winning numbers for a huge lottery jackpot or two would be nice too.

Banned Read only
    I am so much more comfortable with being girly now than when I was younger. I had a more feminine body then so it was easier to look like a gg. If I knew then what I know now, I would have chosen a different lifestyle and career path that was more conducive with my crossdressing. I would definitely have worked harder to keep a more feminine shape. I might have more seriously considered becoming a transsexual and becoming a woman. Who knows. I can only enjoy life as it is now.

Banned Read only
    Most people wish they knew then what they know now: Every sports and horse racing long shot, the tech, housing and S&L bubbles, market crashes, IPOs, currency markets, art, gold...it would be like winning the lottery a couple hundred times.