Thread: Oops

Red face Oops

Hi everyone,

I decided last night that I wanted to sleep in my nightie instead of the usual "drab" stuff. I went fairly "whole hog" except for make-up. I was in bed, when I hear these footsteps coming up the stairs. My mom came into the room wanting me to open something. All I could think of doing was diving under the covers and telling her I would be right down.

What a horrid experience! Of course she asked why I was hiding under the covers, but I just sort of fluffed around the issue. I am sure she knows! I mean, who wouldn't after that?

I really need to start to listen to that nagging little voice that says don't do it!

Fortunately nothing was said about it today, but I am sure it will come up one of these days ...

Oh! I decided to change my avatar. What y'all think?

Love,
    Vicky
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/

Uh-oh, that doesn't sound too good. If your parents are like mine it would have come up by now, so I think the longer it goes the better off you are. Doesn't it seem like that little voice is always right though?
    [size=2]~Kristi~[/size]

I really, really should listen to it way more often than I do .
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Amelie
    You're lucky you didn't get caught. Your parents would have sent you to the Transvaal Province for transvestites.

I like your new avatar, you look so relaxed, very comfy.
    Love Amelie

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    You're lucky you didn't get caught. Your parents would have sent you to the Transvaal Province for transvestites.
    What do you mean "sent?" I live in it! Literally! OK, it has changed name and become a subset, but this province did form part of Transvaal many years ago before the new government stepped in. I live in Gauteng now, just a blighter to pronounce!

I like your new avatar, you look so relaxed, very comfy.
    Thanks Amelie. Just for you, no smile - trying to go for the model look again

Departed
    I don't remember how many times my heart ended up in my throat from close calls. One good thing is parents are usually a lot more understanding. You also have the added plus of living in an age where it's less horrific than when I was living at home about 35 years ago. I didn't even know what the word for it was until I read an article in Time magazine as a sophomore in high school!
    Just remember to keep being yourself. Try not to let guilt get in your way. And as far as listening to that voice, isn't it wonderful when we don't at times?

Close calls EEEK!

I've had some of them, damn there horrible. thing is right now i don't have a door on my room as its a conversion and were my door should be leads into my brothers room, so im always on the edge. I remember hideing under the covers like that before I don't think my mom noticed though.

Vicky

Maybe she just thought your were playing with yourself or something (hope springs eternal).

I love your av, I love all your pictures, I think you are beautiful!
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

re

Love the AV!

And I hope everything goes smoothly with the almost getting pinched thing. I really wish you could just wiggle your nose like samantha and become invisible lol.

Donna.

The worst bit is that at the age of 27 your Mum doesn't automatically respect your privacy. Maybe your chosen name tells us something about your status within the family ..... ?

Neither me nor my wife would dream of entering my son's bedroom. He is a similar age.

I don't how you can fix that. Somehow you have to let her know that you're a big boy now. Good luck.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Hi everyone,

And as far as listening to that voice, isn't it wonderful when we don't at times?
    It can be. I suppose other people jump out of aeroplanes to get the adrenalin rush. What a way to go!

thing is right now i don't have a door on my room as its a conversion and were my door should be leads into my brothers room, so im always on the edge
    Ouch. Note to self: start collection for Virtue's door! There are definitely times when I would LOVE an intercom system or early warning system! Unfortunately, by the time it triggers, it would be too late

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Ann
    Maybe she just thought your were playing with yourself or something (hope springs eternal).
    Hmm, what a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaD
    And I hope everything goes smoothly with the almost getting pinched thing. I really wish you could just wiggle your nose like samantha and become invisible lol.
    You and me both! Think of all the possibilities! Like actually going shopping for items and not be embarrassed

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    The worst bit is that at the age of 27 your Mum doesn't automatically respect your privacy. Maybe your chosen name tells us something about your status within the family ..... ?
    We have always had an open door policy. The only door that is *ever* closed is the bathroom door while occupied. Seems to be a South African thing, because I don't know all that many people that tend to close their doors. Heck, not even while getting dressed very often - it is usually a matter of turning away from prying eyes when you want a bit of privacy .

Crispy, I am intrigued. What do you mean about my chosen name? Am I missing something here?

Oh well. What do they say? It adds to the spice of life!

Thank you to everyone for your responses! And the favourable comments on the avatar.

Have a wonderful week!

Love,
    Vicky

I am Woman on the Podium chantelle's Avatar
    When we think we are alone,wham in comes someone
    unexpected into our lives.Maybe it was a sign, Babe that you confes
    your true nature.[/FONT]

Chantelle, I have often thought about it. On a previous ocassion when I sort of came out, it didn't go too well, so I tend to keep it all very much to myself now .

Quote Originally Posted by babe4life
    Crispy, I am intrigued. What do you mean about my chosen name? Am I missing something here?

Love,
    Vicky
    Just thought that having you Mum come into your bedroom might be linked to being her baby for life ..... no?? OK, forget I mentioned it !!

take care
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Actually, that is pretty accurate, although that is not what I had in mind when I chose it

Quote Originally Posted by babe4life
    Hi everyone,

We have always had an open door policy. The only door that is *ever* closed is the bathroom door while occupied.
    Love,
    Vicky
    sounds just like my family