Thread: Some wig advice needed - round face ideas

Some wig advice needed - round face ideas

Hi,

I've been looking at wigs today. After having some thought, I realized I was well and truly stuck. Without posting my real face (not something I'm comfortable with) I had to resort to some of these celebrity image comparison sites, and apparently I look very much like Luc Besson, but without the beard and with shorter hair.

I can't seem to get any reasonable advice on a style. Does anyone have any ideas, and what sort of styles would suit the more round face? I'm a big fan of bobs, but don't think the style would suit my face.

Not aiming to pass, but anything to help the effect and so I don't look at my nearly shaved head.

On Hiatus
    I'm using Besson as a reference now xD

Get a slightly longer wig, something which will go a little past your shoulders, not too straight but not too wavy (shoot for mild-to-moderate waviness), and with swept, textured bangs which end about half an inch above the eyebrows.

P.S. Even if my current wig does suck, I know what I should have. xD You're right to avoid purchasing the wrong wig at a hefty price.
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

Many online wig sites show which face shapes are best with each wig. Also, if you're handy with photo editing tools, you can cut and paste wig styles onto your face to see how you might look in a particular wig.

On Hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Many online wig sites show which face shapes are best with each wig. Also, if you're handy with photo editing tools, you can cut and paste wig styles onto your face to see how you might look in a particular wig.
    For the latter suggestion, I recommend using www.taaz.com -- it's a virtual makeover site.

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm pretty handy with photo editing, so I'll give that a go.

I saw this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quality-frin...098581&sr=1-22 - or this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/nearly-shoul...pd_sim_sbs_d_3 but wonder if this is the sort of styles you're suggesting.

On Hiatus
    Do you have a picture? I could upload it to Taaz and show you exactly what I'm talking about.

My email is: AlexandraL42291@gmail.com

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Find a wig shop in your town and have a pro fit you.

Taaz is great! I'm having sooo much fun there!

Just a quick update and thanks for all the help here! I did a LOT of reading on hairstyles, choices, face types, etc. Then about double the time with my photo and a bunch of styles, compositing on the laptop here (thanks to NicoleScott for that one).

I've gone and ordered a wig. It's quite experimental, and not too much in cost. Once the motorbike's back on the road I'll get to a shop for a fitting. In the meantime, if you're still reading this and interested, here's the one I've opted for:

It's not got curls as was suggested in my research, but it does extend below the chin, and for my round face, it seems to work. Obviously there's going to be a difference between photo & reality, but we'll see when it turns up!

many of the major wig retailers on line have guides where you can select your facial shape and then they will suggest styles that flatter that shape.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Rachael,
    I do like your choice of wig and I think it would suit you
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

First, before buying an expensive wig, check out the cheap synthetic ones on ebay from china. For about 10 to 15 dollars U.S., you can try pretty much any style you want. Should you be unhappy with synthetics, once you find a style you like you can always buy one made of real hair for several hundred dollars. But if you decide to change styles, synthetic is the way to go, because you can have many different styles already done, just waiting to be worn.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm with Tracii G, find a wig shop and trust their expertise. I went to a local wig shop and they sat me down, picked out several types of wigs they thought would look good on me and brought them over. They then put each one on me in front of the mirror. They could easily see what worked and what didn't. When they got to "the one" they were certain. They had it narrowed down to about 3 out of the whole bunch, then they easily narrowed it to the one. I am very pleased with the results and they were very professional and made me feel at ease with the process. They will even offer a private fitting if you request it.