Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So CD'rs, do you like being in boy mode and expressing masculinity?

So CD'rs, do you like being in boy mode and expressing masculinity?

I don't suppose there's much doubt that CD'rs like girl mode. But I was also wondering to what extent CD'rs like boy mode too.

So, do you like boy mode? Do you like expressing masculinity. How much? Ignoring other considerations, if you only had yourself to please, how much time do you think that you would spend in boy mode and girl mode? After a while in girl mode are you drawn back to boy mode or do you change back just because of other people? Do you actually love being in either mode depending on your mood?

I think it would be very interesting to know how people feel about this.

Looking forward to your answers.

P.S. I also assume that MTF TS's nearly always dislike boy mode so this question is directed at CD'rs. TS replies are welcome but it would be great if you would say you're TS so as not to confuse the thread.

I am totally into both halves of my personality. I have been very successful in an almost exclusively male profession for almost 40 years and have loved it. But I love the feminine side of me equally.

For the last 60 yrs i have drifted from one mode to the outher and loved every moment.
    Those that havnt dont know what they are missing ,i feel very privalaged to have been born this way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

wow , you know , i don't know . I have or did have a very masculine job ,a flooring contractor , which i still do but now manage a 200 unit apartment complex , i really enjoy being a guy (i'm a crossdresser ,i think but really do enjoy dressing up and have gone further than most I think ) I'm a mess really while i enjoy my muscles (I'm pretty well built but i don't lift weights it's the job ) i've have had my cheeks enhanced several times , and I'm a big big fan of botox and even had my beard ,neck and chest hair removed and and thinking about breast augmention ,but i still consider myself a guy , heavens who knows , I realize if i have bigger breasts added it will detract ,maybe , from my male self but i find myself going in that direction anyway , ie , going towards a more femine appearance , every one at work knows about my gurl side and they all have standing invitations to my Drag shows ,I"m straight ;married 23 years ,I know go figure ,right , I'm such a Queen , well living one day at a time best regards Adraine

I rarely enjoy being a male. Probably the only time is when I take off the wig at the end of the night and think how lucky I am not to have to sleep in that tangle of long hair. Other than that I am usually wishing to be Stephanie more often than not.

I love both sides. Im an avid athlete and i would be devastated if i lost that side of me. With that being said, i adore my femme side. I love acting as feminine as possible a couple hours of the week. It is a perfect balance to my "regular" life. Much like i do daily, in a perfect world i would spend the day playing basketball or golfing. Then wear a satin skirt/dress to bed. I only completely dress once or twice a month. I would like for once a week but im content what it now. Im quite pleased with both aspects. I try not to disrespect cds when out and i try to dress appropriately.anyways this is my first post and i look forward to meeting everyone

What is masculinity? I am simply a feminine male all of the time. I do not switch between modes as I only have one mode.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Defnitley dislike Boy Mode. I only switch back for others. If I had my way and lived my preference, I would probably never dress in guy mode again.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Just live in "me" mode these days! Masculine me likes football ( "soccer" to my American girlfriends ) and cars, not a macho "petrolhead" but I like a big car and I like driving fast, and, if I say so myself, I'm good . I'm a bit past "boy" mode anyway, being a Grandfather and all, Man Mode would be more accurate! I haven't dressed for months before tonight, but I'm loving giving my short multi-layered black skirt an outing, and it's so pleasurable to have broken out a new pair of tights It might have been seeing a pretty girl at work today wearing sparkly red "Dorothy" heels that's triggered this little resurgence

I logged on just to wish all my sisters here a happy Christmas, but this thread caught my attention!

Happy Christmas
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

Hi all, thanks for your answers

Quote Originally Posted by JanM38 View Post
    I have been very successful in an almost exclusively male profession for almost 40 years and have loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by adraine View Post
    I have or did have a very masculine job ,a flooring contractor
    Well, I think there is a difference between being happy doing something that 'happens' to be masculine and being happy 'because' you're doing something masculine. i.e. Enjoying the feeling that you're expressing you're masculinity. I mean you can be happy and have a good career in a male dominated industry but be indifferent to the masculinity.

So do you think you are involved with these things because they are masculine? Or are they things that just happen to be masculine?

Quote Originally Posted by danielleCD88 View Post
    I love both sides. Im an avid athlete and i would be devastated if i lost that side of me. With that being said, i adore my femme side. I love acting as feminine as possible a couple hours of the week. It is a perfect balance to my "regular" life. Much like i do daily, in a perfect world i would spend the day playing basketball or golfing. Then wear a satin skirt/dress to bed. I only completely dress once or twice a month. I would like for once a week but im content what it now. Im quite pleased with both aspects. I try not to disrespect cds when out and i try to dress appropriately.anyways this is my first post and i look forward to meeting everyone
    Hi Danielle, thanks for your reply and welcome to the forum. (And remember there are great female athletes too!)
    Last edited by Andrea J; 12-24-2012 at 06:38 PM.

I've hit a point in my life where I am comfortable where I am. Sometimes male and sometimes female. In an ideal world I would be 75% female and 25% male. Looking back, I would have transitioned but that wasn't the way my path has taken me. You can't spend your life looking back and saying "what if" though.

Debby
    Debby

Hi Danielle, thanks for your reply and welcome to the forum. (And remember there are great female athletes too!)[/QUOTE]

Oh yes most definitely. I have most in common with the feminine ones

I am happy both ways and like my self both ways. If I was in other circumstances and knowing what I know after all those years, I would probably do more daily things in female mode. I actually can't get to boy mode anymore because I am way too old for that, but it would be fun to go back into a young boy mode too and then switch to a young girl mode. I have to go from woman to man.

Banned Read only
    Tolerate the male, yearn for the female; try to do a good job in both.

Hi Andrea,

I don't see this in terms of 'modes' - I would be intrigued to know how you classify them. I am me. Part of me wants to present as female, but I don't tink I have switch that turns me into two different people. So if what you mean my 'modes,' is dressing, again I am across the spectrum. Tonight I am dressed in a floppy sweater, black tights under some Levi 611 jeans and am wearing my heels... I will go to bed around 1am and probably wear nothing in bed... it is a reasonable warm night compared to recent weeks.

Do I feel different... no... but then I am not in the 'pink fog'. That is a different animal!

There are some things I choose to do in male dress - go to work, mix with the family, etc... but enjoy every opportunity to dress as Kaz, and the best times are when I get to do the full make-up, hair, etc.. I always hate moving from this mode to dressed as a male mode. (It is deeply painful, which may partly address your question). But once back and in action it all works fine.

Your question seems to assume a polarity, or binary view of CDing.. this has not been my experience at all.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I really enjoy being a guy, and that's 99% of my life. As much as I enjoy dressing en femme, I also love looking sharp in male mode. Like today for church, I enjoyed looking sharp in my green 3- button suit, white French-cuff shirt, red tie and pocket square, and black Cole-Haan lace-ups. Of course, I also enjoyed checking out what the ladies in church were wearing and how it might look good on me

I like being male. I like competing with other males in things like volleyball, wrestling, and other sports I played. I enjoy the traditional male pursuit of women. I really dressing too, but I would not want to be female full time.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

I'm TS...I have punched out my boy fun tickets...I pretend at work[self employed marine engineer] enough to fool most.I cope by being gender fluid.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Yeah, I got no problem with that.

"So do you think you are involved with these things because they are masculine? Or are they things that just happen to be masculine?"

As a good part of the last 36 years has been as a an infantryman (airborne, ranger, and heavy, as well) I would have to say masculinity was an integral part of the profession!

Gold Member
    It isn't that I like being in male clothes because I only find them functional. But I do enjoy doing some of my male things. Hanging out with friends and family. Playing with grandkids. Outside of those and work, I am usually defaulting to feminine unless there is a reason not to like things getting out of balance, going with someone that doesn't know, or just plain inappropriate time.

I most definitely prefer male mode. I treat dressing up to be a fun little vacation for me. It's a visit to fantasy land. I can enjoy it for a few hours every week but when the time is up, I'm eager to get the inserts out, makeup, jewelry and boots off and change back to male blue jeans, running shoes and a sweat shirt.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

I can't say that I particularly like it. It's stressful knowing my place is to deal with any problem that comes along and that I will be judged by my ability or inability to handle it. I'm also uncomfortable with the societal requirement to be aggressive and competitive.

Still, that's the hand I've been dealt and I live with it. It is no better or worse than the problems faced by those on the other side of the gender divide.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I love my male self. Eric and Sam need each other.

Sam loves to sit by a bon fire, but hates to get dirty gathering the wood and tending it. Sam is a great coupon clipper and bargan hunter. Eric does'nt even want to know the grand total.

I used to hate God for forcing this thing on me that no other man seemed to have or deal with. Now I figure that I am 100% man and 50% woman.

I guess I am greedy I dont want to give up any part of me,

Does that make sence?

Girl mode is soooo much work.
    I asked the girl who did my makeup "So how long does it take you to do your makeup and hair every day before work?"
    She says "About an hour ... but also need to shave legs and do a bunch of other things before that."

I can't get it together to shave my face every week let alone all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha W View Post
    I love my male self. Eric and Sam need each other.

Sam loves to sit by a bon fire, but hates to get dirty gathering the wood and tending it. Sam is a great coupon clipper and bargan hunter. Eric does'nt even want to know the grand total.

I used to hate God for forcing this thing on me that no other man seemed to have or deal with. Now I figure that I am 100% man and 50% woman.

I guess I am greedy I dont want to give up any part of me,

Does that make sence?
    I was also resentful. It was a major complication.
    Last edited by Eryn; 12-25-2012 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts. Please use the multiquote button at the bottom right of each post to put all your replys in one post.