Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So CD'rs, do you like being in boy mode and expressing masculinity?

Are you kidding me!!!!! I'm a cd'er and L O V E being in girl mode (ALL THE TIME IF I COULD) I have to be in boy mode(ugh ugh ugh) for work and for the family but if I could I WOULD STAY IN GIRL MODE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

I enjoy Roseanne around the house when I'm alone but I need to switch to man mode for training in the gym and training other people in the gym. I'm studying to be a personal trainer, one good thing with traing is i can shave legs and arms and no one questions it.

I'm never 100% male anymore.Spent my younger life and raised a family as a male but at my age now would live as a female 100% if I could.I need to dress nice often with a suit and tie and like to look good and am fussy about matchimg my colors etc and hair and enjoy an occasional compliment as such but if possible would be much happier in a skirt and heels and would dress femme everyday if possible
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

I am a femboy, I always try and be feminine

Boy mode is an act for me much of the time, to avoid being bothered by anyone else. I spent my entire childhood having people poke fun at me, insult me, and ridicule me about being timid and shy, and having a birthmark on my face. After I grew up, and I really mean 'up' (six four, over 200 pounds and a bit intimidating to most) people stopped bothering me, usually all I had to do was look at them with serious intent and they shut up. So in 'boy mode' I don't take crap from anyone anymore, and it allows me freedom to just go about my life without the constant worry that a girl might have about possible unwanted physical interaction. Which makes 'boy mode' an easier life, but again, it's mostly just an act, and of course, when you're acting, you're always 'on', so it's a bit of work.
    In private, I can just turn it all off, and be myself. I don't have to worry about singing along to girl's songs, or tearing up during emotional scenes either in real life or in entertainment. Mood doesn't seem to make a difference; I adapt to the situation, chameleon like, always have, probably always will.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

when I transitioned waaay back when, my wife said I was the same person, just different clothes. After 5 years of living as a woman, I guess I got a bit "girly" in doing things, but I still did them. Heck, while I was on the other side I even rebuilt one car and tore down another so I couldn't say I got too girly. I mean, I didn't do it high heels or anything that silly, but puttin on a pair of jeans and a tee shirt and gettin your hands dirty happens no matter who you (or what) are. Before the fire, my wife had a picture of me from back in the day of me out cutting the lawn- in a pair of Daisy Dukes and a bikini halter top. You just go get the job done. Doesn't mean you can't have some fun doin it tho...

Jenn

and FairKelly - welcome ot the party - and I fully expect you to at least go out in the garage and polish up your hot rod at least once in a nice short skirt and heels!!

yes, I enjoy pretending to be a man sometimes. JK

Honestly, I don't do a lot of guy things besides wearing men's clothes 90% of the time. I'm a musician, and to me music doesn't focus on gender.

Mode

Yes, that is a good way to express it. Which "mode" do you put the machine into? But the "essence" of the machine is not in whether it is in drive or reverse, intake or exhaust, boy or girl. Perhaps my identity is not as well developed or nuanced as others, but I feel that I don't think much of the time about my gender. Up there behind my eyes and between my ears, I am simply me, gazing out and wondering about the world.

There are times when I look down and enjoy the view of my breasts in a pushup bra, and there are times when I enjoy operating my table saw. I suppose there are times when I put myself into girl "mode" but when we are lying in bed at night with my wife's head on my shoulder and my arm stretches down her back, with my hand resting on her hip, I wouldn't trade that "mode" for anything.

Liz
    Last edited by Elizabeth Ann; 12-26-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Other than when playing hockey, I usually have pantyhose on. Unfortunately, they are often hidden under my jeans or sweats as we still have kids living at home.

But if I'm home alone, there's a 99% certainty that I'll be dressed in some sort of female attire, regardless of what I'm doing. Mowing the lawn in short shorts is one thing I've done regularly. I also have a home gym set up in my spare room. When alone, I have gone through numerous heavy weightlifting workouts while wearing women's workout attire. Using every ounce of my testosterone trying to push 300 pounds of iron off my chest while wearing a leotard and tights can be a mentally-confusing exercise!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J View Post
    I don't suppose there's much doubt that CD'rs like girl mode. But I was also wondering to what extent CD'rs like boy mode too.

So, do you like boy mode? Do you like expressing masculinity. How much? Ignoring other considerations, if you only had yourself to please, how much time do you think that you would spend in boy mode and girl mode? After a while in girl mode are you drawn back to boy mode or do you change back just because of other people? Do you actually love being in either mode depending on your mood?

I think it would be very interesting to know how people feel about this.

Looking forward to your answers.

P.S. I also assume that MTF TS's nearly always dislike boy mode so this question is directed at CD'rs. TS replies are welcome but it would be great if you would say you're TS so as not to confuse the thread.
    I like girl mode for the most part, but sometime I like a "blended mode" guy girl, not andro,but more fem then male, but no wig makeup etc. just my naturally cruvy fem build and girly clothes.
    Last edited by wilt575; 12-26-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Makeup addict!
    Andrea, I just spent my whole day as a woman today and just went back to guy mode right now. After a long time as a girl, I like being a guy even more

Been there/done that.

Being a guy is old hat for me. .....I need a new outlet.

I' not saying I don't like looking at an engine block , I was pretty mastered in "enginology" in my old Thunderbird 312 block that was in my '57 Ford Fairlane I sold last year, (4 barrel carb, dual glass pack exhaust, 3-on-the-tree shift with overdrive that could eat up a canyon uphill). My toolbox is one of those Sears biggies with the dozen drawers filled with sockets, screwdrivers, hammers, chisels, etc. ...yeah, I'm a frickin' dude.
    ....yeah, I also prefer to dress as female, go figure. When's then next sale at MAC or Sephora? I need shoes.

Hi, thanks for all the answers.

One thing I have noticed though, is that a number of people seem to be saying that they like doing stereotypically masculine things, therefore they like being masculine. But I don't think one follows from the other.

In this day and age girls can do pretty much all these things. Build and drive powerful cars, use firearms, join football teams, play first person shooters, etc. But this does not necessarily mean that the girl likes feeling like a man. She might be perfectly happy with her femininity but just happen to like doing some of the above.

Similarly doing masculine things does not in itself mean that you like being male.

Is there something more when you do something masculine? Is there some sense in which, the knowledge that you are doing something that feels masculine seems right or good to you? Or perhaps you might feel you like masculinity in another way?
    Last edited by Andrea J; 12-27-2012 at 07:39 PM.

It's hard to answer this as I've never really had the chance to spend long amounts of time in femme mode, and even less time with other people. I do certainly like being masculine when partying hard with my friends, even if most of the other people there are girls, it just wouldn't seem quite the same in femme mode. Same thing when I go to Metal gigs, even if everyone there knew me and was totally fine with my dressing, I just don't find myself in that mode when I'm at them (although I have performed en femme once and loved it, so I guess it's more because it's less practical as an audience member to be overtly feminine at a metal gig). I also appreciate how much easier it is being a guy, I rarely am in the mood to spend an hour or two on hair and make up first thing in the morning before university. The flip side to this though is that I find being masculine much more boring, and can and often will spend the whole rest of the day wishing to be able to be en femme. There are typically male things that I would happily do in femme mode though (sometimes even prefer doing) like watching Horror/Sci-fi/Action movies and playing video games (although apart from a few dozen notable exceptions my game collection is largely on the family friendly Nintendo made side of things). There are also typically female things like washing up and doing house work that I will happily do in male mode, again sometimes even prefer it. Shopping is normally a masculine experience for me too, unless I'm clothes shopping, in which case I will be consumed with feminine desire
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

My problem with this question is, what is boy mode and girl mode? What is masculine and feminine? A large part of what is displayed to the world at large is determined by society. I am beginning to reject some of that.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I don't really have two halves. I only am me, which is more of a feminine nature, with myself repressing it for the world at large, and not repressing it in private. I imagine I'm not the only one.

Do I "Like" it....NO.
    It's always been more of a necessary evil. I so much prefer myself as you see me here.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I also see myself not as two halves but as a person with qualities that contain both masculine and feminine characteristics. I am in a business in which I deal with a lot of women. Jessica has helped me tremendously in that area. I feel I have the best of both worlds since I do love women from a masculine and a feminine perspective. It has taken me a long time to see this but now that I have I can now embrace it and be happy.

I think I've found that dressing makes me more "aware" in general, of both sides. I find I appreciate both sides more, and appreciate my ability to switch between the two. I would love to be able to spend more time as Laura as I really don't have much Laura time nowadays, but definitely don't want to give up my male side either. If anything the whole CD thing has really allowed me to, well, like myself more. The first time I truly saw Laura in the mirror (first time the wife did my makeup, put my wig on, had a whole outfit going) - was the first time I looked at myself in the mirror and felt attractive. I think that in itself drew me more into CD'ing - because I loved how I looked. It felt great to look in the mirror and think, about myself, "Wow I look great." I've NEVER done that before. Even on a good day, in guy mode, I'd look in the mirror and think, "Meh". It's caused me to start thinking about my male side more, because I want that feeling all the time. It's caused me to relax a little, let my guard down a little as it comes to opinions about how guys dress (so afraid I think, over the years of CD confusion, of being perceived as "gay" that I really put no effort into my own style.) I've done enough personal exploration in my head to know I'm not gay, men have zero attraction for me, so I might as well just put that down permanently and see what I can do. I've started dressing differently with a little more effort, started to assemble a sort of style for myself - much like Laura, but very much male, (stylish but lightly understated) and I feel good about it.

To answer the original question - yes, I enjoy feeling "masculine." I love spending time in the garage working on the cars, or out at the race track. At times I've had a realization, as I stood there covered in dirt and grease, or with the radio headset on, just how "guy" it all was at the moment. And it felt good. In much the same way as I get a good feeling when doing something girly.

And here's something else to bake your noodle - if I *had* to pick one side or the other, permanently... well, I'd stay a guy. IMO it's just so much easier most of the time. It takes me 2 minutes to get ready to go. If I don't dress in any sort of "style" (i.e. sneakers, jeans, crappy T-shirt) nobody blinks twice, I blend in with almost every other guy. But put a female in the same thing and the word "frumpy" comes to mind.

I have to be male in mode most of the time so I have to accept it rather than be unhappy for the majority of my waking hours. However, I certainly don't work at being masculine. My boy clothes are very plain and comfortable. My interests are music and film making which I hope are more informed by my sense of gender fluidity than one thing over another. I have never been en femme long enough to miss being in guy mode and if I had my choice I think I would try to express femininity most of the time.

Of course, why wouldn't I Hon?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Occasionally, I suffer a bout of autoandrophilia but I just go do something manly and get it out of my system. Yesterday I fixed a broken generator that someone gave me. That should do for a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERDRESSER View Post
    My problem with this question is, what is boy mode and girl mode? What is masculine and feminine? A large part of what is displayed to the world at large is determined by society. I am beginning to reject some of that.
    I agree that a great deal of gender stereotypes are a constructs of society. And I agree that people should not be bound by these stereotypes, so reject away!

However I think there is an innate feeling of being male or female, and a feeling that you can express this through your behaviour. (I don't think that everyone feels this and people may feel it with different intensities.) The thing is I think that this feeling is outside the realms of gender stereotypes.

Why? Because transsexuals (before transition) are known to have very strong feelings of being a particular gender, but being a gender that is different to there physical form. This feeling can come very early on and I have heard of a transsexual having the feeling that their parents had got there sex wrong before they could even talk. So this suggests that these feelings occur before the child has a significant understanding of the gender expectations of society.

So suppose someone is doing something that is considered by society to be stereotypically masculine, and that person is feeling good about that. For this question it doesn’t matter what they are doing, and it doesn't matter that it's just our society that says it's masculine, what matters is that they 'feel' that what they are doing is masculine and that that feeling of masculinity makes them feel good.
    Last edited by Andrea J; 12-28-2012 at 07:56 PM.

When I'm in"boy mode" I am the manly man.....meaning.. I cut wood, I hunt, I do the yard work, I garden, I can my harvest, I cook, I clean, I...get girly. I just consider myself well rounded! Man and girl. The best of both worlds!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I absolutely love to crossdress, and look totally feminine! But I was born a man and without some expensive surgery I will always be a man. As I told my late wife when I proposed to her, no matter what I have on I am still a man underneath. So I do both sexes pretty well. When crossdressed I am very feminine, but when in drab I am the man that I was created!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!