Thread: What to wear today?!?

What to wear today?!?

Has anyone else tried on about 20 outfits before figuring out what to wear today??
    Finally settled on a red sheath dress, patterned black tights, black patent heels and a black cardigan...only took about 3 hours!

I just wish I had 20 outfits to try on!

BTW, your final selection sounds delish!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

I don't try them all on, but during my morning coffee I do go over various choices in my head. Today I'm going to fight the angry masses at the mall, and it's 24 degrees out, so I'm going to wear my fur boots with the pom poms, skinny jeans, a very chic white blouse I got yesterday from my wife, an Hermes scarf, a wool coat, and carry the beautiful Fossil purse I also got yesterday.-Celeste

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I usually go though a lot of clothes before deciding on what to wear. But there are times I'll just throw on a pair of jeans and a top, but it took me many years to get to this point.
    Dana Ryan

Usually i only try on one - if I made a mistake the second is a winner

These days it's no big deal, jeans, top, warm coat and away I go.
    I stopped procrastinating some years ago. I could take all day and then it was closing time.
    Took me a while to work that one out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Agree on the jeans and sweater...I thought I felt like getting dressed up today though.
    Heading out so I changed into a black pencil skirt and low heels.

Platinum Member
    Not me....I usually go through the options in my head, then come up with at most two options.

Sometimes, just trying to figure out what outfit to wear, meaning trying on a lot of different combinations is half the battle and 3/4 the fun. Enjoy. Now for a pic of that red sheath dress??

Yes Staci . I do have that problem sometimes.
    Although I don’t go out dressed I do have a special friend that comes over sometimes in the evening for a rave. [Do we party or what!]

So I start to look through my party dresses at about 3pm and after about 10 minutes I look at the clock and 2 hours have gone by.

It’s like being in a time warp!
    Last edited by suzy1; 12-26-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Sorry it seems to have posted twice?
    Can you delete please Shelly, Eryn. Thank you.
    Last edited by suzy1; 12-26-2012 at 02:35 PM.

I have found that as my dressing frequency decreases, the time I spend deciding what to wear goes up dramatically.

When I dressed every day it wasn't much of a problem - if I couldn't decide, I'd grab one at random and just set the other outfit aside to wear tomorrow.

Nowadays I get to dress maybe once or twice a month, and sometimes only for an hour or two... and sadly I burn most of that time trying on so many outfits that by the time I settle on one, I have to take it all off.

Aspiring Member
    Depends on the activity for the day. Business, any lunches or shopping, how much walking etc.. When I work from home I dress as if I'm in the office for practice when I go 100%. So, as I'm brushing my teeth I decide what I'm going to wear. But sometimes I see something I feel like wearing and change my mind. Today was a work from home day and I was going to wear a herringbone pencil skirt, black sleeveless ruffle top, and a black two button jacket. Then I saw a sweater dress that I hadn't worn in a while so I decided on that. Was easier too.