Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I had the Fear!

I had the Fear!

A few weeks ago my wife and I took the day off and went out to the city for a day. No dressing involved but we took some pictures while we were out. Then on Christmas day we stayed over at my In laws, so in the morning we are sitting having breakfast and my wife starts talking to her mom about our day out, then asked me for the camera, I went and got it for her and as I handed it to her it happened, GOOD GOD I HOPE THERE ARE NO PICTURES OF ME DRESSED ON THERE! I was pretty sure there weren't, I haven't taken pictures in quite a while. But still, I got that fear. There were no pictures on it fortunately. But it's something I often seem to experience every time I hand my camera to someone.

Platinum Member
    I have an idea. Keep a spare SD card hand for your special photos..pop it out after each use. That will help avoid unexpected embarrassment and put your fears to rest!

I'd say buy you a separate memory card and only use it to take pictures, making sure to remove it from the camera and keep it stored away from the camera (so that it doesn't get packed up when you are going on a trip and then changed out when the other one gets full).
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Dodged a bullet there. A spare or dedicated SD card will be the best. Aren't you glad we live in the digital age instead of the old "roll of film" days? LP

My wife gave our camera to my son and there were pictures of us at this years holiday get together in Chicago. I was fully en-fem. I whispered in her ear that I hope he does not look at them even tho he knows but never seen me all dolled up. He gave it back without looking at the pictures

I like the separate SD card idea - but get a different brand so it is obvious which one is in the camera.

I have a "Fear" story that turned out bad, and not for me. I was with a software consulting firm in the late '90s. The president of the firm wasn't performing and was let go about 9 months into his term. We were all given laptops and he returned his when he left. The head of HR admin went to clean up the laptop and found over 3,000 images and videos of pre-pubescent children performing the most vile of acts with adults. Needless to say, it was immediately reported to the FBI and he was arrested. I do not know the outcome of his arrest, but I hope he is doing several life sentences!!!!

I am sure no one here is as grossly sick as this guy, but it does pay to remember....
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

that cold scary feeling in your gut n' mind oh snap.... I know that fear too!
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

It is always the small things that end up giving us away!
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Lol !!! have been in that situation too!!!

lol I always use a seperate memory card to store ANY kinds of pictures like that, and take it out when I'm finished.

I think most CD's have had their blood run cold like that at one time or another. I have 2 different eBay accounts. One for buying girly clothes and one for buying my guy stuff which some of my friends know the user ID to. At the time (A few years ago) it was a lot easier to know who was buying what. Imagine the feeling when I realized I had inadvertently bought some vintage panties on my guy account. I made sure the seller left no feedback.

I know what you are talking about that's why I never, ever, ever, take any pictures of me with a cell phone. When I use my camera I download the pics on to my computer(which no one but me uses) immediately and then delete everything on the camera, then I check it again. Paranoid, probably but I can't afford to be found out by anyone. My wife knows and supports me and that's the only thing I need. I have heard of people leaving pics on their cell phone and being outed, well what in the world did they expect, especially when they loan their cell phone to someone else and walk away. The same goes for laptop computers. Having done physical security in the military, I trust no one and especially family.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

That was the same feeling I had the other day in I couldn't remember if i cleaned my lipstick off my coffee mug. Thankfully i must have.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

You can soon forget that you have one or two pictures on your camera once you start snapping away and it can become quite embarrassing especially if you take your memory card into a photo shop to have some quick ones printed up , had this happen yesterday as my wife wanted some quick ones taken off that was taken over Christmas as she trolled though all her old pictures , I said " I did not realise that you had that one " and quickly hit the forward button , I think with digital cameras you can become a bit more risky in what you take ( well I can) simply because you know that you can just delete them , or hope you have .
    ( Do you realise now that you have just made all the wife's/so grab their partners cameras and troll through all the pictures )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

A seperate card for "dressed" photos is one thought, but when I take photos of me dressed, I download them to my PC, then onto a password protected USB drive that's maeked with an "X" and kept in a drawer. I erase them from the camera and the PC. I don't keep photos on my camera to use as a mobile photo album.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I have a smart phone - down load QuickPic - it allows hidden Pic files - allows for a peacefull mind....................Debra

That's why I dump all the photos I take each time I use my camera. Don't want unknowing eyes seeing me in compromising attire.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelofsomekind View Post
    .....I went and got it for her and as I handed it to her it happened, GOOD GOD I HOPE THERE ARE NO PICTURES OF ME DRESSED ON THERE!.........
    Handed my mobile over to my son whilst out ice skating in London last week and had that cold feeling rush through me. I had some photos on there of my first night at Croydon Trans, but luckily buried deep in the DCIM folder.

So yes, I know 'THE FEAR'.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Another one here recommending a spare memory card. And consider this, though you may have deleted pictures on the card, they are not really gone until the card is reformatted. I once took a card to Walgreens for real photos and had supposedly deleted files show up on their computer screen. Luckily there were no Joanie pictures on the card, but the clerk said that customers often have "deleted" pictures show up on the self help processing computer screen.

I have an inexpensive digital camera just for femme photos. Totally separate from all other photos taken. No need to remember to swap out anything and fits nicely in my purse.

lol...... I still get that when the wife or one of the kids says let me see your phone.... even though I have two separate cameras....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

As mentioned before have a second memory card for your camera. Inexpensive and peace of mind. I'm a semi pro photographer as well and I always make sure that I haver a clean card in the camera and any photos are downloaded ASAP.

Roseanne

Quote Originally Posted by Joanie_Shakti View Post
    Another one here recommending a spare memory card. And consider this, though you may have deleted pictures on the card, they are not really gone until the card is reformatted. I once took a card to Walgreens for real photos and had supposedly deleted files show up on their computer screen. Luckily there were no Joanie pictures on the card, but the clerk said that customers often have "deleted" pictures show up on the self help processing computer screen.
    Partially true, I have a Canon that, when the picture is deleted, it really is deleted off the card. The next image takes the next image number (you know, the traditional IMG_xxxx.jpg file naming scheme) but that is because it only writes the previous number into memory. Some cameras do have that system you describe though, but they are mainly cheaper or older cameras.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyjo89 View Post
    Some cameras do have that system you describe though, but they are mainly cheaper or older cameras.
    Yes, the camera in question was a Canon Power Shot A40, an older camera. I haven't seen the problem with my Sony SLR, which I bought so I could use my Minolta lenses with. Still, something to be aware of.

We all might recommend separate SD cards, but we all have human frailties.
    Lots of luck. I do live in fear sometimes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.