Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CD to TS-TG

CD to TS-TG

Has anyone become transexual due to being a cd. I believe I have I find it hard to switch back and forth. I have since come out at work as well as at home and to others in my family. I will soon go on to HRT. I will probably never have SRS or try for breast implants. FFS I'm not sure.

I guess I kept this secret too long. Some may say its just a pink fog thing, if so why hasn't cleared up yet. I am only speaking for myself no one else may feel as I do. Is it easy to put the girl away and go back to male? Can you go out in femm without wig and makeup?

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Personally, I find it quite easy to switch between "guy mode" and "girl mode", because I just see them as both being equal parts to a whole, that is me.

I could imagine that many TS people would have some form of CDing experimentation as their "first step" sort of, so they are definitelly linked.
    Last edited by AngelaKelly<3; 12-26-2012 at 09:20 PM.

A lot of TS's started out as CD's. They were always TS but maybe needed time and the CD experience to clarify their status. Then there are a lot of very enthusiastic CD's who mistakenly think that they are TS. That is where a good gender therapist and the RLE come into play and can help define and even avoid unnecessary pitfalls.

You will never become a ts simply because you are currently a cd. Your expressing yourself as a cd currently may be a precursor to what's to come some day down the road, but one does not lead to the other no more than a glass of wine with dinner leads to alcohol abuse.

I became a cd because I was a TS......
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Transsexuals will tend to argue that one "is" transsexual, not one "becomes" transsexual.

Special hells are reserved for people like me that can't make up our minds, can't stay in one place, and argue in our heads a thousand times daily what gender we should be.

Banned Read only
    This was actually a fear of mine.when i was younger pre-internet i had no clue.I found a cd group address in a cd/ts circulation in an adult book store.It was close to my home.When i got there i was greeted by the woman who ran it,she was ts.She was one of the most helpfull people i have ever had in my life,but in the back of my mind i was afraid that this will probably be the next step for me.I was even afraid to tell her.But i think she already knew,she told me don't worry your not a ts ,but you will be a crossdresser for the rest of your life.The first part i bought but not the second,i fought this with everything i had, determined to win..... well i guess you all know what happened with that.

Cross dressing does not cause someone to become a transsexual. Cross dressing may be part of the journey of exploration and discovery, but there is no cause and effect relationship. Being a cross dresser is life long so it will not go away or clear up. It may go into hibernation or be repressed, but it is always a part of you. Being a transsexual does not require someone has to transition. Only you can make the final determination whether you are or are not a transsexual.

Many say that the difference between a CD and a TS is 2 years. This may or may not be true for some, but not for all. I would have classified myself as a CD up until 5 years ago, but no longer. Over the past 5 years I have come to realize that I am TS and will begin living full time within the next 5 months when I begin my transition. That said, I have never believed that I became a TS simply because I was a CD.

As Nathalie indicated, you are a TS or you are not. It may take you time to realize that you are TS but simply being a CD does not automatically make you a TS.

I'd probably be a transsexual but my wife wont let me! lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Try asking her nicely after the home renovations are done Karren.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Try asking her nicely after the home renovations are done Karren.
    hmmmm.... she did buy me a pink tie for Christmas!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thats not fair....you let her be a girl don't you?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I can honestly say that I enjoy being both Amy and Rob. I wouldn't be complete without both sides of me. So.... Yeah, I have no problem being in guy mode. However, I do dread having to take all of my girly things off. I often wish that I could stay in Fem mode a lot longer than I normally am. But once I'm back in guy mode, its business as usual.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

There's lots of crossdressers who become TS or TG.

As for me, I'm purely a boy who enjoys frilly clothes, so I have no problem with switching and such.

hmmmm.... she did buy me a pink tie for Christmas!
    Sounds like progess to me, Karren.

I started as a simple CD and realized I was much more. Took me 18 years to figure out what I was though and even then not until I found this forum did I really grasp what was going on in my head. I was in complete denial for all those years. I enjoy women's clothes, and if I had one wish it would be simply to become a woman, and take whatever that entails in stride.
    How often do you daydream about finding a genie's lamp...

Too Late

I think the 2 year rule of thumb is about right. It's been about 2 years since I started understanding my femme self. I now think I could have been a good candidate to TG, but at my advanced age it's beyond consideration. Given a choice now I would be dressed 24/7, but real life makes that impossible. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, but reality says you deal with your life situations as they happen. I don't know if I would have had the guts to transition years ago if it had been a choice for me, and I had understood what I was.
    Velece

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post

As for me, I'm purely a boy who enjoys frilly clothes, so I have no problem with switching and such.

I'd tend agree with this.. I do enjoy being girly, I love photo blogging on my facebook group but at the end of the day, I'm a guy.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy R Lynn View Post
    I can honestly say that I enjoy being both Amy and Rob. I wouldn't be complete without both sides of me. So.... Yeah, I have no problem being in guy mode. However, I do dread having to take all of my girly things off. I often wish that I could stay in Fem mode a lot longer than I normally am. But once I'm back in guy mode, its business as usual.
    same here.

dressing up is for fun. being a man is a requirement.

i have to be a man at work and at home. its how i earn my bread and butter and i dont think i could do so if i was dressed up. furthermore, there'd be tons of criticism and prejudice if i told the people i knew about me dressing up. to save myself from the headache, i prefer to keep my dressing up in the closet.

i like to dress up at night when im alone. when im dressed up, i wish that i could be dressed forever, that i could have the body of a woman, that i had a sister and we would dress up together... then i get sleepy or the sun comes up and cinderella has to go back home (back to guy mode)

if the 2 year rule was applied to me, i started to wear pantyhose at about 13 then moved up to having my own stuff and dressing up on my own, then i should have been a ts now. should i? if was born as a girl then i'd love it but im not so i'll have to do with balancing both sides.

i dream about being a gal in public or at work but wont do so. when im dressed up, i enjoy every second of it but i know that the second will come that i have to be a man again.

There's not imo a dichotomy. There are people who don't see it as two personas; there are mtf crossdressers that keep beards, etc., and have no wish to change or pass (genderf*cks, for example). There are women who basically appear as men, but might act in ways that contraindicate their supposed gender. Then you have people for whom cd'ing is like taking a trip -- the key being they come back home at the end. All of that is fine, and it isn't the case that you must end up as something else. I think that's a trap some people have fallen into to their chagrin. And, of course, there's the people who _do_ need to transition.

The one thing I generally think is that the cd people see themselves as transgender, and that transexuals not exclude them or assume that cd's are transexuals-in-waiting. Mainly because there's enough in common between us all, and there's enough pressure placed upon all of us. Generally, I think that's the case here on this forum, but I've seen people and places where there was some friction.

I will say that if one _is_ truly transexual, the earlier the better.

I think it would be fair to say that if someone can be hypnotized to believe they are a chicken
    or to forget certain things
    or to have memories of things that never happened "planted" in their minds ....

... and Hollywood method actors ( who attempt to BECOME their character ... and take on their actual personalities
    like Christian Bale did for Terminator Salvation and had a meltdown at a production technician
    ( search YouTube for Christian Bale Freaks Out on Set w/ SUBTITLES OF CREW in background PROFANITY WARNING )

... then it is absolutely reasonable that doing something enjoyable in a carefree and relaxed state that we enjoy, that we would begin to become and believe we are that other character.

I bet for some of us our brainwaves change as we undertake our female persona.

Has anyone become transexual due to being a cd?
    I have not become a TS,,, as of yet because I, Kara, am still a work in work process but would love to both worlds i.e breasts etc. My job and current life situation, I need a job but dont want one.

Is it easy to put the girl away and go back to male?
    Yes, it is because buisness is buisness and removal of a bra is easy as 1,2,3.. and my breast forms, nylons etc. But Kara is still inside my soul/a part of me.

Can you go out in femm without wig and makeup?
    No, I have gone only to clubs dressed etc I need a wig/forms/make up. I am happy for NOW to be Kara with my wife and with my gurl friends.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Although I believe that there can be distinct difference's between Cds, TGs and TS one has to look at the reasons why some start to CD in the first place , I am sure that a lot of feelings and desires and even the lack of understanding what you are feeling can all make one progress from a CD through to a TS a slow one as some will intentionally or none intentionally deny there inner feelings , it is quite easy for some to think " Oh I just wear the clothe's because I like them " then go on to realise you like them because you have a feminine side , then as your life becomes less hectic or distracting you start to realise that your feminine side runs a lot deeper than you had realised or given into , so although I now think that it can happen that doe's not mean that it is inevitable , infact less likely to than likely , and yes the pink fog can confuse you a bit in making a mistake of what you really are , I am only guessing and the one's that will really know are the Transsexuals and I am always very weary of treading on their territory as they have the real knowledge about it .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Or to be more accurate, there are a lot of TS who try to use cross-dressing as a coping mechanism

There are other TS who cross-dress on their journey of self-discovery

But there are no cross-dressers who "become" transsexual since we are born that way.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity