Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we freaks or are we normal?

Are we freaks or are we normal?

First of all I hope everbody had a great Christmas!

There was a recent thread where a couple of members feel that us CD/TG/TS are NOT normal. The medical community has finally accepted us as normal. What we are is our normal. We are definitely a minority group though.

So how do you feel? Do you feel like a freak or have you accepted who you are as normal?

I'm not talking about how the general public perceives us. I say we're normal but just different than most of the general public.

I am freakin' normal.
    Or am I normal freak

Felt a freak growing up, with information now available I now feel normal. And what is Normal? I don't think there is such a thing.

Just what is "normal"? If it is being like the majority in our society, then no we are not. If it is to be compared to others in the TG world, then yes we are. How do I feel about myself? Am I normal? No I have never felt normal in my entire life and really have no desire to be normal. I am different, always have been, always will be even if I didn't wear womens clothing. Most people who accomplish great things were not normal. Eienstein, Ben Franklin, Madam Curie, Mozart......
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar
    as long as dressing up as a woman is not a crime, being labelled a freak wont hurt me. jeeeesh... the real freaks are those who are killing, hurting, robbing, or exploiting others. leave me and my femme stuff alone

I wish I knew !! It messes with my head almost every day........

I'm the most normal person I know!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

After 30+ years of feeling like a freak.....I finally feel normal. A little over a year ago something hit me over the head and clued me in, it must have been this site.

It wasn't many years ago that homosexuals were shunned and the medical community tried to cure them. They tried reprogramming them, and even shock therapy. Finally they realized it wasn't a matter of a person choosing to be gay they were born that way. Now we hear about so and so being gay and mostly it's no big deal. Hopefully being transgendered will be accepted in the same way some day. We've been here since the beginning of time.

There is no such thing as "normal" and "abnormal" people as far as I'm concerned. We're all different.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    First of all I hope everbody had a great Christmas!

There was a recent thread where a couple of members feel that us CD/TG/TS are NOT normal. .
    To answer your question, I will acknowledge being different than the average GM in many respects. The implication of the posts you mentioned was that there was something wrong with us...that not being average or typical was in some way a defect. It's not. And for those who feel this way, I'd suggest a long commitment to therapy. They need to get over that deep seated self loathing. Self loathing is the only thing wrong, if its based on the mistaken belief that being transgendered is wrong.

I think I am normal. I believe everyone's gender identity falls somewhere along a spectrum from very masculine to very fem. for us males the expectation is to be way up in the masculine. The truth is that we all fall somewhere along that spectrum. I just choose to express myself in in the portion where I fall. I feel sorry for those who feel they always have to prove just how mucho they are for fear someone will discover they drift down the spectrum a little more than others.
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

If I were the only crossdresser in the world then I would be the ‘normal one’ and everybody else would be the freaks and I’m not joking.
    Or to put it another way, no one is normal, we are all different.

The problem comes from other people saying we are not normal and we let ourselves believe them.
    Why?

You seem normal to me Marleena and I should know.

If everybody was "normal" what a boring place the world would be, lol. Everybody is simply different.
    Hugs
    Danielle

I'm normal for me, and that's all I can be I'm happy with that.
    Cary

"Freaks" was a term we the world-wide tribe of hippies applied to ourselves back in the late 1960's and early 1970's before bubble gum music and it's insidious older sibling, disco, heralded the end of the revolution. I love that term, and will gladly apply it proudly now. Power To The (Trans*) People! Elfin
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'm the most normal person I know!
    But I'm very normal too.

I used to think of myself as normal, but that question comes up so often around here, I now have my doubts.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I'm far from ordinary.

Check the user title-
    Last edited by May(be); 12-27-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    I used to think of myself as normal, but that question comes up so often around here, I now have my doubts.
    Ah.. but our survey and the medical community says we are just fine. We are just a minority and minorities need to fight for acceptance.

If we are FREAKS were not alone ,,Look at how many of us there are on here ,, Yep ,,I'm a SUPER FREAK !!! Super freaking YOWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Oh I remember this from my college days in psych class: there is no fixed definition for "normal". Well, actually I believe it was "abnormal" and there was no textbook definition of "abnormal". I think there is the "normal" that the majority of society determines as in "normal" behavior. But that depends on the culture and other variables at the time...which also change. And there is the "normal" defined by ourselves: which is also dependent on a whole host of variables.

As time has passed, I have realized that I am not "unusual": there are many people like me. But each person is a mix of attributes and we are more than one or two behaviors. And what we are now is not necessarily what we were or what we are to become.

I try to be the best person I can be: kind and courteous, caring, helpful, an asset to society. I want the world to be the better for my being here. By those standards, I consider myself "normal".

Seasons greetings to all.

-stephani

I've never felt "Normal", but I've come to accept myself as "unique" and "gifted". Looking forward to the day when I can add "accepted" to that list.....
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

I think we're normal, maybe not totally normal as it's not the most frequent thing todo but freak is definitely the wrong word. Maybe extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovingkindness View Post
    "Freaks" was a term we the world-wide tribe of hippies applied to ourselves back in the late 1960's and early 1970's before bubble gum music and it's insidious older sibling, disco, heralded the end of the revolution. I love that term, and will gladly apply it proudly now. Power To The (Trans*) People! Elfin
    Yes! I remember calling ourselves freaks in the 70's. I was proud of it because we were different from what society wanted us to be.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I feel pretty good, coming out to the wife has lifted the Sisyphus stone out of my life. One of the names I had considered at the beginning of my journey was Abbey (as in Abbey-normal). But at the end of the day, I'm not worried, and sleep content, knowing that i'm my own brand of crazy.