Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are we freaks or are we normal?

I think it's me coming to accept this part of me. The more I accept myself, the more I feel I'm normal.. at least normal for me.

I definitely do not feel even remotely normal. But I don't think I'm freakish either! I am, as others have said, unique. And I enjoy uniqueness in others as much as I enjoy it in myself. What a bland and tasteless world we would have if all were the same flavor. I like being different...most of all, I like being able to dress how I want without feeling the need to conform to predefined rules and regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Really, who is to determine what is "normal"? What is normal for one person may not be true of another. I think we are just fine. We just need to learn how to manage the "cards" we were dealt for whatever reason. THAT is what it is all about my friend.
    I think my cards are all Queens
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Near perfect way to express the cards we are dealt...all queens.

I'd say I'm a perfect blend though...2 jacks 2 queens. No kings though...far too dominant male model for me!

Normal is in the mind of the beholder. If you are not hurting others and it is your passion, then it's okay in my book. I harm no one by being Jenny and it helps my overall being. That is a good thing. Let it be for you as well.

since only about 3%-5% of individuals engage in this behavior.
    when a biologist is trying to estimate the size of a deer population
    it is assumed that that you only see about 1/3 of the total population in an area when doing animal counts

So if you apply the same theory to the CD population that would make us around 9-15% 0f the human population

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joanna marie View Post
    when a biologist is trying to estimate the size of a deer population
    it is assumed that that you only see about 1/3 of the total population in an area when doing animal counts

So if you apply the same theory to the CD population that would make us around 9-15% 0f the human population
    What if they're wrong? And, it's 50%? Or, 1.5 to 3%? What difference does it make, Joanna?

If a tree falls in a forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?
    If "all" those others dressers do it in private, in a vacuum, do they count? Should they?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The answer to the age old question: If a tree fall in the forest and there's no one to hear it, does it make a noise? ...the answer is "NO" it does not make a noise, it makes a sound. Noise is a sound that has been received by a hearer and interpretted as unpleasant. So if no one is around to hear it...it's not a noise, just a sound.

It never seems to fail that someone is worried about us girls being normal. If I had to answer this then in truth we are more normal, Loving, sharing, caring, acceptable of others, and possibly even more giving do to our duality and don't forget our sensitivity. Can't tell you how many of both gender have expressed how they wish they could understand their SO better and be more comfortable bringing up different subjects as comfortably as I often do. I think there are times when everyone should remember that we are all humans sharing the same time span of life. Freaks, never....Human Beings, forever....

He'll yeah .....I am a SUPERFREAK...

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    I'm normal for me, and that's all I can be I'm happy with that.
    There was a time I felt out of place now I am me and have inner piece

You know now that I think about it, I never really felt that I fit in anywhere. But As long as I am dressed up as a woman I feel totallly normal. I really doo feel good about me.
    So am I normal or a freak. I guess I am normal if I am dressed but a freak if I am in guy mode.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    If a tree falls in a forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by lonster View Post
    The answer to the age old question: If a tree fall in the forest and there's no one to hear it, does it make a noise? ...the answer is "NO" it does not make a noise, it makes a sound.
    Or as some wit asked, "If a man says something in the forest and there's no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?"

But to get to topic at hand, are we freaks? Here are some definitions of the word from my dictionary:

--A person, animal or plant that is abnormal or deformed.
    --An object, event, etc., that is abnormal.
    --Inf. A person who acts or dresses in a markedly unconventional way.

I'm not sure this helps. What is "abnormal"? Well, something outside the norm, but the word has pejorative connotations--just like "freak". So we might as well stick with "freak". But look at the last definition. If we take that one, we're certainly freaks. But I suspect this sense of the word was invented by some transphobe, so maybe we should ignore it.

But if we go by the first definition, we could include as "freaks" such people as Siamese twins or those suffering from Downs Syndrome or dwarfism. I don't think any of us would apply that term to such people, though. I believe we're more compassionate than that. So why apply the term to ourselves?

So are we normal? Certainly not. We're well outside the norm--but really who wants to be normal? Most normal people are OK, but they don't exactly inspire me to imitate them.

So I think I'll continue to be me, neither freak nor normal, "just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania."

Of course we are normal - for most of us we just happen to prefer certain types of clothing which are normally those worn by women. If a woman can confidently live most of her life in trousers -as most GGs do - is she normal? I should think so!

A certain part of the mental health profession has spent to much time and effort pathologising different types of human behavior. At least it seems now that DSM-5 is goin g to be an improvement in that area. Just a thought - is anal sex normal?
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda M View Post
    A certain part of the mental health profession has spent to much time and effort pathologising different types of human behavior. At least it seems now that DSM-5 is goin g to be an improvement in that area. Just a thought - is anal sex normal?
    Being Transgender and dressing enfemme is not illegal but anal sex is illegal in some States. Is anal sex normal, I would think so. It used to be taboo but that's another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    I am freakin' normal.
    Or am I normal freak

Felt a freak growing up, with information now available I now feel normal. And what is Normal? I don't think there is such a thing.
    This made me smile...Thanks Becky! I totally agree and ponder...lol

The recent statement from the medical world says it so very well: Being transgendered is not a pathological condition at all; the way each of deals with, however, might be called "ill". How many of us who are life-long CDers felt stressed nearly to the point of being suicidal (not a healthy condition, right?) Yet, many of these same ladies now have learned to accept their gender role and are perfectly healthy. It's all in how each of deals with it.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

Hi Marleena,
    I agree with you in that I also believe that we are normal, but just different than most of the general public. I also believe that we are on a higher spiritual plane, as we have grown to experiment, recognize, and accept ourselves, as we are, from within our deepest spiritual sanctum. This self-awareness and learning is ongoing.
    Di

what is normal really? who makes the rules what is normal or what is a freak. i say i am crazy but that does not make me crazy. the only person that needs to feel normal is yourself be dam with anyone says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by SandraInHose View Post
    I read a quote recently that stated, "Normal people are the ones you just don't know very well."

Truer words were never spoken. Or written.
    ^this. No one is completely 'normal'; everyone has something about them that doesn't fit whatever the majority of the members of the society consider average. Far too many people get too hung up on trying to feel that they 'fit in', in order to be accepted by the masses. No one is accepted by everyone. No one.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Joann Smith View Post
    He'll yeah .....I am a SUPERFREAK...
    I'm with you, I hope I'm not normal. Normal is usually boring