Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you !@#$%^& crazy?!?!?!?!

But the VS bags that hold all your "purchases" are so pretty and nice! The store doesn't do a thing for me and my 42 C bra size puts me out "of range" anyway.And,to quote my wife"there's no room for Willy in these panties anyway".[the VS cut IS narrow!] However,my Venezuelan wife with the body to kill for,likes their bras best.Being Spanish,she loves a bargain and uses coupons,discounts,etc for her bra and panty purchases and my "tween" daughter has now moved up to their panties.2 for $50 on bras made for 6 laying out on "her" side of the bed when I got home the other day. Perhaps I can get the empty bag to parade around the mall with and look fashionable! Like someone said,Burlington Coat factory has lots of bras in "our size range"..
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

A little time before Walmart was around I couldn't find female shoe's in size 10,11. and my dressing was not full out, a skirt and pantyhose to me was considered crossdressing. I went to a crossdressing store in downtown Toronto and bought a pair of black stiletto's and paid them 85.00 dollars. When I went home and showed my wife, first of all she was in shock that I exposed my pantyhose feet in public to try them on and second she said she didn't even pay that kind of money for her wedding shoe's.

My most expensive items are my wigs. I like nice hair, so I stocked up at the wigs.com 50% off sale back in October. Even at that much off I spent over $200 on some. Aside from that, I shop mostly at Dillards and Dress Barn -- accompanied by the wife as my "cover." Other than that, I love onestopplus.com where I hit the uber-sales from Woman Within, Roamans, Ulla Popken, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiarata View Post
    I wear breast forms - 40C. I just went to the VS site and did a bra search on 40C Full Coverage. Since I don't like having any of the breatform showing from the bra, there was NOTHING that I would buy from VS.

So, no! I am not !@#$%^& crazy.

I am willing to pay $60 for a Wacoal or Spanx Bra, but not a $ for anything from VS.
    I love the Wacoal bras! Wish I still could fit them...I'm now a 46C or D

I would never pay that much for a bra or panties. Always looking for a deal.
    And even when VS is having a sale they are still pretty expensive.
    Sure some of the things are nice, But if you look around you can find things just as nice
    for less $$$.

And unless that salesgirl was going to help me put that bra on everyday. It would not be worth it to me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    You are presumably paying for the engineering, just like in a high priced imported car.

Besides, VS isn't in the business of selling bras and panties, they are in the business of selling dreams.

La Perla has a book out about their company history and the title says it all, "Lingerie and Desire."

You might want to check out their bras (click here).

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    I almost had a heart attack looking at the prices.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I've found a few VS bras at thrift stores for next to nothing. Nice bras, but I would never pay full price. I recently bought a very nice Wacoal bra, originally priced at $56.00 for $12.00 at TJ Maxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joanne View Post
    So what I want to know is .....are you crazy? Would you spend that much on an item or have you? what is the most expensive item in your wardrobe?

First, yes, I am crazy.

Second, depends on the bra. Mostly, i select for good fir and coverage, and ability to keep breastforms in place. Most I ever spent on a bra is about $30, but i have shelled out for a briefer for $65.

Finally, the most spent on an item? Kind of a tie betweem breast forms, boots, one of several gowns, and a really lush dressy Tahari skirt suit.

It's all in what appeals to you- personally, i get a kick of dressing up in an outfit that totals more than i used to make in a month when i was just starting off... but it certainly is not necessary to do this to enjoy crossdressing.

My wife and I never really go to VS because of size, I do admit that I would like to go and at least look around. Perhaps with the new year and with a new weight loss goal I would reward myself with something but not $80, I just couldn't do it. I would wait for a sale then splurge a little but I do like Burlington a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Satin View Post
    Am I Crazy?

Only when I cannot dress for extended periods of time, then I am a certifiliable nut job.

Crazy is spending good money on sports tickets instead of some new skirts, blouses, and heels.
    Ok call me crazy but being a GG and the "son" Daddy never had, I would rather go see football game anytime before I have to wear a dress lol...Oh wait I am called crazy cat lady
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]----Live....Laugh....Love------SO of Cassandra Lynn.

Absolutely, positively, unalterably, completely, and irrevocably NO FREAKIN' WAY! Sure I like a pretty bra, but for me, even wearing one is more utilitarian than anything else. They hold the boobies in place, and little more. Unless I'm wearing something sheer, no one will ever see it. To me, such a set as you described would be more for sexual enticement of a lover than for anything else. I mean, unless I'm trying to be seductive to someone who would appreciate such a set, something much cheaper will do the job just fine.

And sheesh! These were Christmas prices?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Aspiring Member
    So, I shop there. I will go to their Semi-annual sale and buy items at more than half off. After the sale ends, i know some girls will go back and ask for a price adjustment (return/buy back). I havent done that though. What doesnt sell during the semi-annual sale, they have bins set out with all bras on closeout for $15. Pull out the GPS and happy hunting for VS stores, it can be slim pickin's but a great feeling when you score.

I can't justify that sort of cost in any shape or fashion. 3 pairs of panties and a nice little pushup ran me about 50 and i balked a bit. I might be just a cheapie.

Not a chance in hell that I would pay that much for a bra and panties. Hell, I have trouble convincing myself to spend that much on a dress!

this thread has made me glad I have the husband I have. He regularly shops at Saver's (thrift store) on Thursdays during the dollar sale. He even found a beautiful wedding dress for a dollar!
    Define "normal"

Banned Read only
    I suspect the sales clerk may have viewed you as either a (1) male who would buy anything for his lovely, or (2) an unwanted to shopper needing to be shocked out of the store. I suspect it was (1). My wife has never spent $80 as VS for a bra. I certainly would never spent that much for a bra. I buy off of on line sites, including eBay, and buy new bras for $20 or less.

Well I must be crazy as then, but in my defense I'm forced to be crazy. Walk into any lingerie store here in Australia and the minimum you will spend on a bra is about $50, some can be up to $200. Panties range from $30-$80.
    Is that markup, transport cost, or just greed? I don't know.
    What I do know is that "most" of my way to many bra's cost me more than $50 each.
    I'm not sorry one bit though.

There's no question that VS is quite overpriced, but I think there's also no question that the quality of their stuff is quite better than K-Mart's. True, nobody would spend $80 on an unlabeled VS bra at the K, but I do think most shoppers would pay more for them unless they are just looking for the lowest possible price. I doubt I'd pay $80 for a VS bra, but there are other brands that I think would be worth it. And as someone else pointed out in this thread, have you seen the price of quality shapewear? Because shapewear doesn't really follow fashion cycles/seasons, you rarely see it marked down as significantly as high end bras and panties, so it's harder to get the good stuff without spending a fair amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Peta_T View Post
    Well I must be crazy as then, but in my defense I'm forced to be crazy. Walk into any lingerie store here in Australia and the minimum you will spend on a bra is about $50, some can be up to $200. Panties range from $30-$80.
    Is that markup, transport cost, or just greed? I don't know.
    What I do know is that "most" of my way to many bra's cost me more than $50 each.
    I'm not sorry one bit though.

My god where are you shopping!!!
    City Chic have the most expensive bras i've seen here in Oz. and i wait for mid year sales to even consider buying them.. Trying them on is another thing, I can't help myself. I buy most of my underwear from Kmart, best and less, or target.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    People who have money to burn need to spend it somewhere, I guess.
    They really do and it's crazy the amount they spend on some of the items they by. I have been watching "my shopping addiction" and these people spend thousands on items they never even wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne f View Post
    I must admit that when it comes to buying for me I am a cheapskate , seeing that it is January sales time you should have asked her if her panties were likely to come down
    I am sure they come down every now and then lol

Quote Originally Posted by SandraInHose View Post
    I can definitely relate. For me, it's pantyhose. I couldn't fathom spending $30, $40, and even $60 on a single pair of Wolfords. And if I did, I'd be afraid to even put them on, let alone wear them anywhere!

Over the years I've tried some high-dollar department store hose (in the $12-$16 range), but always find myself coming back to L'eggs Sheer Energy. Not exactly cheap, at $4.50/pair, but they are pretty durable and available most everywhere.
    I am completely the same way. I can see spending a little bit of money on say, a really nice pair of heels, but not on pantyhose. I'd love to get some wolford's just to try them but if you catch something seconds after getting them on, that's a ton of money gone in an instant. I will never know why Legg's are shunned around here as I think they are a great brand.

Thank you all for the great responses. I can see spending a bit more for something that is going to been seen, on purpose or by accident, but not on something that is an under garment.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Back in the late '80's, I purchased a pair of size 15 high heels for well over $200. When you wear an unusual size, you have to pay whatever the price is, or you'll be naked. Say what you will about buying from china, at least I don't go broke anymore buying custom made girl's clothes to fit a body the size never intended to be put into them.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Gold Member
    I think it is also okay to plan something that is a treat as long as it is planned out and not spur of the moment and that it works in your budget. Other than items like that, I do try and keep my general purchases at a low price range.

Forms aside, I think I drop arround $60 for wigs and I do have a pair of heels for arround $50... other than that, I don't think I have anything over $20 give or take

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Anyone who follows VS will know that the cost level is 1) the store...2) the first catelog that an item is shown...3) the second catelog...4) the sales catelog.

The price usually drops by a factor of 2, if not more. One can't get everything at the price of the last catelog, but there are a log of items that are very available!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I think it is also okay to plan something that is a treat as long as it is planned out and not spur of the moment and that it works in your budget. Other than items like that, I do try and keep my general purchases at a low price range.
    This is how I feel if you save a bit to buy an expensive wig, or whatever, that doesn't break your bank, all is well but dropping $80 on a bra, that most would never see just seems to be a bit out there on the crazy scale. Even the panties at $30 is out there, they weren't even silkie.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    Forms aside, I think I drop arround $60 for wigs and I do have a pair of heels for arround $50... other than that, I don't think I have anything over $20 give or take
    The most expensive thing I have bought to date is my wig. I paid $75 for it on a half off sale. If I go out, the wig will certainly be seen so it should be a nicer one than a costume wig. I haven't bought any forms just because of the price, that and the lack of knowledge about which to get because at that price, for a good pair, you can't afford to make mistakes.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!