Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you !@#$%^& crazy?!?!?!?!

Am I Crazy?

Only when I cannot dress for extended periods of time, then I am a certifiliable nut job.

I think guys who do not crossdress are crazy, they do not know what they are missing.

Crazy is spending good money on sports tickets instead of some new skirts, blouses, and heels.
    Last edited by Suzy Parker; 12-27-2012 at 05:20 PM.

I can definitely relate. For me, it's pantyhose. I couldn't fathom spending $30, $40, and even $60 on a single pair of Wolfords. And if I did, I'd be afraid to even put them on, let alone wear them anywhere!

Over the years I've tried some high-dollar department store hose (in the $12-$16 range), but always find myself coming back to L'eggs Sheer Energy. Not exactly cheap, at $4.50/pair, but they are pretty durable and available most everywhere.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Crazy, yes, but not to spend that much on underwear. I'll admit to owning some expensive stuff (hair and breastforms) but considering how often any given piece of clothing gets worn almost everything in my wardrobe comes from clearance racks or thrift stores. Could I be tempted to spend a bit more on that one 'gotta have it' item? Probably, but only if the money was in my pocket!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Gotta love Kohls. Some very cute things on the bargain rack, plus they send out extra discounts every so often. Keep your eyes peeled for sales and discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joanne View Post
    So what I want to know is .....are you crazy? Would you spend that much on an item or have you? what is the most expensive item in your wardrobe?
    Not from VS. Nothing against them but as you said - it is the same stuff from KMart only with a "name" on it. Now if it was custom fit, real silk, etc. . . Possibly? We all need to spoil ourselves from time to time.

Sorry, I forgot to add my most expensive item - a pair of $350 breast-forms. Like I said - we all have to spoil ourselves from time to time.
    Last edited by Michaela42; 12-27-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Added more

I couldn't begin to guess at the most expensive item in my wardrobe. I usually try to stay as cheap as possible buying my clothes from various thrift shops. The majority of my lingerie and bras come from the bargain racks at TJ Maxx, Penney's or Kohls. I've always said Victorias Secret is highly overrated and extremely overpriced. My undergarments are just as pretty, and just as feminine as VS and cost about 1/8 the price. I do own some VS items but they were either gifts, or I purchased them from private sellers on craigslist at bargain prices.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I might pay $30 for a bra I really liked (though I would prefer to pay around $20 or so). But $80? I could get a new dress for that...maybe two or three if I shop clearance. Or one or two pairs of shoes.

I spent over $200 on my forms, but that's different.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I've been around women, and women's clothing all my life. My mom was uber-fashionista. I love fashion, and all things feminine. VS are on the low-medium scale of things. Any independant lingerie store is more expensive than VS. I don't start wincing 'till we hit the $200 mark, and bras go much higher. I am DYING for the Christian Louboutin jewelled pumps, $3400 at NeimanMarkus (well, maybe I can put off dying till after tax time). Remember, you can spent any amount on anything, find your comfort level and stay there.-Celeste

Silver Member
    I have had some VS stuff, but I didn't like the couple of bras that I purchased a few years ago and when I 've been in their store didn't find what I was looking for. The problem I had was the bra band just wasn't comfortable.

As for pricing, I wear Wacoal bras for the most part and most of them are in the $60 and up range. I do have several high end bras that run well over $100. I shop a lot and look for sales. I have found many of my bras for under $20. The key is time to look and find the bargans. When I'm working I don't have time to shop and pay whatever.

While I'm not a VS fan, the more expensive bras are better made and usually more comfortable. Or they have more expensive material in them.

I recently went into a Soma (like VS, but classier) and absolutly fell in love with their panties (about $20 a pair, bras $50) I got lucky and caught a sale, 5 for $33. They are much much better than the panties at Walmart, they have a sale on bras now, but not the ones I like.........so need to reconsider.......don't mind 20-25 for a nice bra, but $50? specially when I can get very sexy at Walmart for 10

oh, and my most expensive item outside of forms, is $35. Still debating a $60 dress I just love and hope is stil in my size when it hits sale racks.
    Last edited by Ceri Anne; 12-28-2012 at 01:05 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Hi,

Suzy

Well I would have been a certifilible nut case , had i opened my mouth 55 years a go had i said i was intersexed.

as for that price for Knickers & bra's no way, Jos or i would have said something, today i think if i had brought them i would have just walked in to the assylam & be done with.

Help thats way over the top , price wise, yes we have a few shops with those prices not for us,

...noeleena...

I think that the most I have ever spent on a single bra was $40, but its more likely that its price was more like $20. My memory is surley fading fast.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I have a $400 silk tie, have spent $300 on custom tailored shirts, have $300 western boots ( steel shank & toe )
    ...but no underwear that cost that much. Mind you if it was THERMASILK and I was climbing Everest, I'd do it.

I have spent over $1,000 on the Femskin Panty Girdle though ... and for the most part get a better shape
    and more comfort from a $15 body shaper and foam padding.

I would consider spending that much on the perfect realistic breast forms .... but not on a bra or panties.

But hey ... if they can sell it high ... they should.

You asked "what is the most expensive thing in my wardrobe?" The answer is: I AM. I'll spend as much as I can to get nice girl clothes. That doesn't mean that I look to waste money, but if my eye catches something that really says "this is you" to me, I'll find a way to buy it. I have multiple sizes and types of breast forms, multiple wigs (I'm getting better at picking out the good ones.) I want to pamper me, and I missed a lot of years when I couldn't -- now making up for lost time.

Rhonda

A Christian Dior dress from a high class school jumble sale.
    It cost me $5 for the bag which I could stash as much as I liked into it.
    Among the dresses was this evening gown by Dior.
    I guess it cost 25 cents but the label alone on the collectors market is worth $50.00
    Attached to the dress as it is probably$25.00.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yes, VS is way over priced. I would never buy a bra there, however I am on their email list and when I see a sale on panties where they are like 5 for $25 then I will order some. They are very comfortable panties. The other issue with their bras is they have a very small range of sizes, 38DD or DDD is about the biggest they carry. I recently bought a few new bras from Target dot com and also from Leading Lady dot com and Bare Necessities dot com, very reasonable!!!!
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    you actually said that with a straight face?
    Omfg..........

*ambles off to the kitchen for a towel to wipe the desktop and keyboard.

Let's see ... One $80 bra and be femme for a day, or 8 $10 bras and be femme for a week?

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I guess I am crazy, because I probably own that bra and most likely the panties also. I buy most of my lingerie at VS. However, I rarely pay full price. The SA's at the stores I ususually shop in know that I am a crossdresser and almost always give me discounts. Although I am definitely a male, I do have natural 40 B boobs. I do not wear forms since I don't need them. So I can spend that money on a real nice bra!! Oh yes, since I have about 200 bra's I never wear the same one twice in a row!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sissysteph[B
    anie;3062791]... I buy most of my lingerie at VS. However, I rarely pay full price. The SA's at the stores I ususually shop in know that I am a crossdresser and almost always give me discounts[/B].....
    Now, how do I get that deal????

About twenty years ago I worked in retail and one day while having lunch with the store manager he asked if I knew which department was the most profitable. My area of expertise was electronics, and I knew it wasn’t electronics because the markup rarely went above 10 percent. I knew that major appliances had a fair markup and I knew that many items in both men’s and women’s clothing carried a high markup (name brand men’s dress shirts often had a markup close to 400 percent; sell one shirt in a box of four and the store had recouped the cost of the entire box), but I guessed the automotive department.

Not even close! Lingerie was the BIG winner in the store, typically over 1000 percent markup. Sell one name brand bra (Bali, Lilyette, Maidenform, Playtex, etc) and the store had recouped the cost of a dozen bras. Interesting note: Maidenform manufactures for other brand names including Lilyette and Victoria Secret – Victoria's Secret “Miraculous Push-up Bra” is the same as the Maidenform “The Ultimate Push Up Bra 9359” (that bra is no longer available from Maidenform).
    Babs

I like VS, I have tried cheap bras and other brands of bras and panties but VS seems to fit me the best. I like the no show hip hugger panties, normally they are 3/$33 and the Showstopper bras $50. Their lingerie and swimsuits are crazy, but most of their everyday wear stuff is great, VS jeans fit like they are made for me.

I love VS, both the wife and I shop there all the time, we have several bras and way to many panties to count from there. most of the bras have been 2 for $50 and the panties were either 4 for $28 or 3 for $33. We both have styles we love and have gotten almost every color in the collection. I think the most expensive items I own is swimwear, almost all my swimsuits I spend around $120 to $200 a piece for them.

Aspiring Member
    I like VS my bras come from there 2 for $50.00 someday I will buy there tee-shirt bra panties I buy 7 for $25.50 on sell and like KImberlyjean said there jeans fit like thet are made for me

I'm yet to pay anything more than approx. $30 - $40 for anything i own.. But, i'm paying off a pair of iron fist heels that will cost me $65 inc. postage.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.