Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you different in femme

Are you different in femme

I bought my wife an electric fireplace for christmas.It needed to be assembled.30 wood dowels,24 threaded pins with cam locks ,42 screws and 9 pieces which assembled made the cabinet and less than prefect dirrections.I told the wife to wait and when the daughter went out for the evening I needed to dress in a skirt etc and I would put it together.3 hrs later without 1 blowup it was done.In male mode I would have got frustrated .She bragged to our oldest daughter next day how I had put it together and never got upset once.I told her its because I'm more relaxed in femme.I act different in girl mode .I have more patience..Does being in girl mode make you more gentle.Less aggressive.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Of course being dressed makes me more feminine and not quite as aggressive. Then again, I'm older now and not all that aggressive any more as it is. I work with tools and machinery much better in male mode. I flirt better en femme![/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    I won't attribute my change in temperament to dressing itself. Rather, when I stopped repressing and learned to accept and even enjoy who I am, my temperament improved.

I was listening to the Diane Rheem show on NPR this morning. One of her guests had written a book on depression. He commented that depression is often the flip-side of anger. I used to play both sides.

For me ...I only look different.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle 51 View Post
    30 wood dowels,24 threaded pins with cam locks ,42 screws and 9 pieces which assembled made the cabinet and...
    a partridge in a pear tree!!!!!! Sorry. it just needed to be done.

And yes I am a nicer and calmer person "en femme"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I love you gurls, you say some of the funniest things (Lori).
    Michelle, yes, in femme, I am much more relaxed and easy going. And for me it lasts for a while after I switch back to male mode too. After a big dose of cross dressing (like all weekend) the calming effect may last all week.
    Stephanie

I'm the same person regardless of the clothes I'm wearing.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    To my knowledge, I am the same no matter how I'm dressed. I don't see a difference, nor do I see the need for a difference. I am simply me.

Kathi

I awear I'm the same, but my fiance tells me that I am definitely more feminine and much more calm when I dress.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

My dear wife says I smile more.

I am strange all of the time, but I consider it a good strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    To my knowledge, I am the same no matter how I'm dressed. I don't see a difference, nor do I see the need for a difference. I am simply me.

Kathi
    Well said Kathi!

Perhaps once. Now, I feel femme even when in drab. When drab is necessary, I feel like I'm playing boy, but will return to the femme side. Or is that "The Dark Side"?

I don't go full "en femme" but my GF says I seem calmer when I put on a skirt and stockings.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Maybe i should've done that the other night while packing the trailer getting ready to go away for christmas... I stormed inside, slammed a door or two and then walked away. Suffice to say, we didn't go.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Yes, it does. I am more patient when waiting in line and when driving, also. I think that I am "softer and gentler" when en femme.
    Hugs, Carole

My perception of myself enfemme is that I'm nicer & calmer, but I'm usually fairly calm & easy going in either mode.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle 51 View Post
    Does being in girl mode make you more gentle.Less aggressive.
    To be honest, (and you can ask my wife) I am almost never aggressive .. in any mode. Assembling furniture is something I do do from time to time but my background is in manufacturing and so I treat it as I have always done. Take my time, read the instructions and stay calm and follow the process. Am I more gentle in girl mode? Yes I think I am. Generally I would say I am the same in both modes but I do think I am happier and so therefore more relaxed and calm which does include being gentler
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

One of the things I love about being dressed en femme is that I DON'T feel the NEED to be aggressive, tough or confrontational. In male mode, those qualitites were beaten into me at a young age, and I have never quite been able to dump them...

I certainly have to change the way I walk.
    Merely stated, walking like Stampy the Elephant just doesn't work when walking in heels. .......just sayin'

Absolutely it changes me. I'm so much less aggressive, I drive more cautiously (not because I'm worried about a ticket or anything), I'm more considerate of others and I think I'm more fun to be around. I take things that would otherwise bother me less seriously and with more thought.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have to confess I go off the handle less when dressed, partly because it seems less appropriate- partly because i don't approach things with the feeling "i'm just going to knock this out in a few minutes" as much, not sure exactly why, but doing anything en femme seems to be more of an event than a chore.

Or maybe i approach the harder things with less focus on crossdressing, and therefore usually attack it male...

??? I do like the idea of not being able to spazz out because it would be unfeminine, maybe this will be my new years resolution, to keep that in mind even when en drab. Sounds like a useful and attainable one to me... THANKS!!!

-Kristi

Aspiring Member
    Yes, but being TS the dressing is allowing me to feel like "ME". When I'm dressed I can finally relax and act naturally. My fem side spills over the my man side all of the time, but never the other way around. Since I've accepted being TS, the spillage is much more.

I am calmer, better driver, and nicer because I'm much less stressed than I was. I was angry for so long and didn't understand why. It was because I am trapped in a man's body.

Hi,

Like any woman I can have my bad or good days just most of the time im pretty good, even when im in pain because of injurys i can still laugh & make fun of it, clothes have no effect on me from that side of things its my dispostion & how i am in life in general. happy most of the time,

..noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    I certainly have to change the way I walk.
    Merely stated, walking like Stampy the Elephant just doesn't work when walking in heels. .......just sayin'
    Mee too, I walk a bit heel to toe although daintily.
    Flats or low heels are ok.
    To answer the question, I feel I am no different in either mode.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.