Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit card with femme name and pic

Credit card with femme name and pic

I am considering going to the bank and requesting a card on my present account with my femme name an picture on it (Bank of America). This way I will have a card for drab and one for femme mode. Has anyone done this or asked the bank about doing this?

Hugs Kelley
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

I have been tempted to do so, but at heart I guess that I'm a coward. Btw I bank at BOA, and some others, but BOA is where they kinow me as a full time, well almost full time, crossdresser. The local branch is less than 200 feet way.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I was thinking of dropping by the bank today and asking. Today I will be en femme so I'm not sure about it. I will update here if I do.

Hugs Kelley

Quote Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
    I was thinking of dropping by the bank today and asking. Today I will be en femme so I'm not sure about it. I will update here if I do.

Hugs Kelley
    Thank you Kelley.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Hi Ladies,

I have had a credit card in Nicole's name for several years now. I simply called my bank (Chase) and requested another card be issued in Nicole Brown's name. Within a week, I had my new card and have been using it ever since. Oh, BTW, there is no photo on this card so I don't know if that will make a difference.

Nicole,
    Thank you for the information darlin. Happy New Year Kiddo !

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member
    I simply requested one issued in Chelsea's name and it came in the mail after a phone call to confirm. It's wonderful to have.

A drivers licence and photo is what I would like.
    I suppose go to the right state for that.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Exclamation Credit card with femme name and pic

If the card is issued by Capital One they have change card image feature. Possibly have your femme name added on the account and submit a image of you in femme mode.

Gold Member
    I don't know if you can do this with the name, but the larger banks all seem to have an on-line feature where you can request a new card and upload an image to be placed on it. I got a second debit card this way to keep in my purse. Interesting point, I also had a family picture on "his" card and between the two, I have only been asked for an ID once. All they have to do is look at the picture and they can be confident it is my card. For the femme card, it helps for those that look drastically different than the male look. Even if you have to pull out an ID, the extra picture closes the loop and you don't have to go down the road of a unofficial ID card.

Unfortunately, here in SoCal I am asked for ID far too often to make a femme credit card practical. Keeping track of which stores do or don't ask would make me crazy. I guess I'm stuck with gift cards and cash.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Brown View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I have had a credit card in Nicole's name for several years now. I simply called my bank (Chase) and requested another card be issued in Nicole Brown's name. Within a week, I had my new card and have been using it ever since. Oh, BTW, there is no photo on this card so I don't know if that will make a difference.
    Yeah, me too! Chase & Citibank. It's really easy to do online.

Update..... I pulled up my big girl pantie got dressed and went to one of the local BOA branches. I have been out some and am reasonably comfortable in public but to sit in front of one of the bank associates and explain what it is that you want is a different experience all together. Long story short (I will post the long version later) they can issue a card in both names but I can only have 1 photo on file either the male or the female. This kind of defeats the perpous. They seldom ask for ID with a picture on your card so if I left the photo off then they will ask for ID. What I may do is just open another account with my femme name and picture.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
    Update................What I may do is just open another account with my femme name and picture.
    I'd be interested in how that turns out. It has been years since I tried, but when I asked about another account I was told it had to be tied to a Social Security Number; which was a government requirement. Maybe things have changed.
    Dana Ryan

I dunno, seems kind of extreme to me Hon unless you really feel the need to do that. To each his or her own though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I was not able to get a debit card issued in my femme name in Canada; the bank indicated that the government requirements were that it only be issued in the name on the account, and the account could only be opened with government ID. I did not try to get a credit card.

I have a Visa and Discover (neither have a photo). All I did was request a card for my femme self via phone. Bingo, there it was.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

the credit card in your gurly name is a must in, so ca you just get an I D with your girly picture and it works just fine i no several girls that use them when out in so ca
    Eryn, joan and ashley have them also

susie

Thanks for all the great comments.

Dana, Sandra my femme name is actual my middle name so according to the bank I can have a card issued in that name. She did say that the it may require my first initial also.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Unfortunately, here in SoCal I am asked for ID far too often to make a femme credit card practical. Keeping track of which stores do or don't ask would make me crazy. I guess I'm stuck with gift cards and cash.
    I get carded a lot too, I just show my regular ID and let them try to figure it out. Truthfully, I don't think they even look half the time, it's just policy. Ironically, if they did look the would see a FL DL with a CA address I don't even live at anymore...great fun with TSA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not? JFK
    If "pro" is the opposite of "con", then Progress is the opposite of CONGRESS! Gallagher

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aimeecinn/

Walmart, Target, Koles, K-Mart and others in my area have card machines at the check out which are positioned for the customer to operate. I've used all the stores hundreds of times as Teresa, and never have gotten carded. Rarely do I hand my card over for the cashier to run. And if she does, it's usually because the card reader is glitching. I'm just using my husband's card. LOL
    Last edited by TeresaL; 12-29-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Don't know about the US or Canada but in the UK, you can add anyone to your own credit card account because you alone remain responsible and they make absolutely no checks on the application. A DEBIT card is an entirely different kettle of fish as the 'other' person would be jointly responsible for the account so they run credit checks. It's been this way for some time and has a lot to do with anti-money-laundering legislation.
    love

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Actually I am a little surprised Eryn. I very rarely get asked for additional ID, even when I am traveling up and down the west coast. On the rare occasions when I do get asked, I simply remind the merchant that they are not dealing directly with me and are in fact dealing with my bank. I then suggest that they call my bank and verify if I have authorization to use my credit card. Almost always they have backed down at that suggestion and just accepted my card. On the very rare occasions where they still wouldn't accept my card I simply took my business elsewhere.

Have to wonder about the legality of this since you are using a fraudulent name (unless you legally change it). I would think that if there was some issue with the CC company (such as late payments, bankruptcy, non-payment) that not only would you have those issues they CC company could file suit against you for. Your chances of getting caught may be low but still, it would affect your credit rating.

What would be less likely to be seen as fraud is to just get the card in your initials.

Realize that you likely don't pass anyway when you are out shopping. The clerks may see it as an issue and all businesses that take credit cards have the right to hold your card if they think something shady is happening until they clear it with the issuer. They also SHOULD ask you for another ID if they suspect something. So you would need something else with your name and photo. Most places look unkindly to people who appear to be trying to pass themselves off as someone they are not...just saying.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Hi Lorileah, in my case it is legal because my fem name is my middle name. Bank of America issues cards with your picture on them. I was trying to get one in my male name and one in my fem name. They said that would be fine but I had to use the same pic for both cards either fem or male not both. I can open another account and have a different pic for that account. The picture on the card means less chance of someone asking for more ID.