Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smile!

Smile!

So many of us post pics. A lot of us don't smile. We are beautiful and we should celebrate that!

Say Cheese!

Banned Read only
    I'm with ya Inge. And smiling actually feminizes your face. You'd think everyone would be swinging on this board!

And yours is a beautiful one Inge.
    Angie

I always wishedI had a big, cute, feminine smile. My smile is a bit subdued and demurred. I guess I'm just shy. You have a beautiful smile! So jealous!

Thanks for setting a good example for us, Inge!

It does make us look more feminine, but I find it so hard. When I try in the mirror it always looks weird and I cannot make a nice smile.....I have to learn how I guess.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I'll second that! So true...

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Inge, you have a very beautiful smile!! My Avatar does not have my picture because my dear wife, who always did my makeup, has passed away. I can't make myself look pretty!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

And a girl smile shows the top teeth and the corners of the mouth turn up,and the cheeks get chipmunky!! It becomes a smile you will enjoy giving others!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I'm envious of so many of your smiles, they look so natural and full. My son and daughter have smiles like that. I have a hard time getting one like that, but I do practice. Would like to have less flabby cheeks too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Silver Member
    I've always been a sour puss

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Ok. I'm changing my avatar pics, JUST FOR U!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

CeriAnne...your smile looks great! I try to remember to simulate like I'm laughing when I smile...here's mine:
    Attached Images Attached Images

A smile just doesn't help to feminine us. I've seen a lot of women that aren't smiling for one reason or another and they still look feminine to me.

Consider how humans interact with each other. When we meet or simply pass each other, we may glance at each other's face. In that instant our minds interpret emotional signals provided by the other person's facial expressions. It the other person looks mean or threatening, we will subconsciously elevate our defensive state of mind. I've seen a few scary-looking people that could make a statue run away.

In my opinion, a smile on another person's face shouts volumes of information and no two smiles are the same. With that in mind, consider the different ways we express our smiles and the adjectives or phrases we attach to them. Some examples would be smug, tickled, coy, demure, sexy, Mona Lisa, smirk, insincere, sincere, grin, Cat that Ate the Canary, and grin. So in essence, our smile can be a window to our personality or state of mind. I don't know about you but I would rather be on the receiving end of most smile types rather than confronting someone who appears mean, grumpy or threatening.

Here is something I enjoy doing once in a while and I encourage you to try it. The next time you pass someone, look at their eyes and start smiling. I guarantee you will get a response. If they are a stranger, there is a good chance they will smile back. If it is someone you know, they will instantly want to know why you are smiling. Now you can add one more adjective to the various smile types - mischevious.

So here is my take home message. If you want to appear like an interesting, kind, attractive, intriguing and approachable person, then start smiling. Need I could go on about what happens when you don't smile?

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

After a couple drinks I'll loosen up and smile and even laugh. After the antiinhibition juice I'm less concerned about my teeth. They ain't pretty.
    Last edited by Leah Lynn; 12-30-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Oh I'll admit that smiling is the right way to go in 90% or more of pics, but in that other 10% there can be some devilishly wonderful looks.

-Bree

I agree with you Inge. There are two reasons why I am always smiling in my photos. Firstly because it does make me look more attractive and feminine and the second reason is that I always feel so good when I'm dressed that I just can't stop smiling. I'm not normally a natural smiley person but once I have transformred myself into my female persona, I just smile all the time.

A smile really tops off a good photo.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm smiling - I think!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I tried to work on that in my most recent set of pictures (the "Lady In White" series). I think it helped.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

My smiles improved after I noticed a lot of photos where people were smiling and just showing their top row of teeth and not the bottom row. Still takes a bunch of photos of myself to get one or two that I really like.

Crossdresser At Heart NatashaCD's Avatar
    my top teeth are all over the place so I never smile

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie R View Post
    My smiles improved after I noticed a lot of photos where people were smiling and just showing their top row of teeth and not the bottom row. Still takes a bunch of photos of myself to get one or two that I really like.
    I agree, I have to take a hundred photos to get one good one.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I tend to agree Hon. Smile as if we are on camera, as in this day and age, we most likely are.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I totally agree!

I agree a smile can make it or break it!
    Attached Images Attached Images