Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting walked in on while dressing up... still my deepest fear from childhood

It happened to me twice, three months to the day, when I was 15. First by my mother (didn't go well), and the second time by a complete stranger. I was too cowardly to commit suicide at the time although I had given it serious consideration. Looking back now though I'm glad I didn't go through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WifeofWrenchette View Post
    Well no wonder my husband freaks out if I walk in on him dressing then. I see him dressed en femme a lot. but he gets this "deer in the headlight" look on his face if I walk in on him getting dressed. I thought it was just him so I'm glad to know this is common with cross-dressers.
    I think it's common with anyone getting dressed really. Sometimes everyone just needs a little privacy. No matter how many times you may have seen them getting dressed in the past. My GF knows I dress and I have a hard time with her walking in while I am getting ready. She did it on halloween and freaked me out a bit. I am hoping to overcome this at some point
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I'm not afraid of much of anything these days, much less that. If someone does it, it's their problem, not mine. In any case, I got ready for the Christmas show at the club a couple of weeks ago in front of my GF for the first time. She was quite impressed really at how quickly I transformed and made the comment that I "clean up nicely."Made my night anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I recall when I was in my 20's thinking that if anyone walked in on me or discovered me, i would have no choice but suicide. I honestly think that I would have back then too. These days, I really couldn't give a shit less. This is me. I kind of like me, and I'm OK with being me. If someone else finds out, it's a long way from being a show stopper . . .
    Aw, Kim-
    We like you, and we like you being you, too!

I only worry about this these days if I am already dressed, and someone comes to the door a knocking.... my awesome wife has seen me many times in various states of dress/undress, and it's no big deal.
    But, I don't even "go there" if our kids are home from school, though. Stephanie takes a little vacation...
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Silver Member
    I had never dressed infront of my mother but had stayed with her a few days to see her. She knew I CDed and being nosey had gone through all my things as usual. I was getting ready to leave and put on a long skirt to see how it looked. I was going to change to slacks to leave and then put the skirt on. All of a suden she came into the room as I was standing there with thin sweater, boobs, skirt, and hose on. She asked me a couple of questions and then looked down and said, "are you going to wear that?" I said yes and she said, oh and left. I said my good byes and got in my car and left. She never said another word about it. Nor have I.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara D. Rose View Post
    WOW, almostalady, that is a good story or an awesome story. It sounds about like something that would happen to me in the same situation. I don't know what I would have done in that situation. Maybe hurriedly put on the guy pants, shirt, and throw the wig on the bed and go. Was all ok out there?
    Well there was time to try to put on pants but not enough to get the makeup off and I thought it would draw much more attention looking that way. As it was I looked like just another woman who was dressed for work, like many others out there so no one noticed as far as I can tell. I have been out in public several times and it is always a bit stressful but it was ok. In the end it was no big deal.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joanne View Post
    I think it's common with anyone getting dressed really. Sometimes everyone just needs a little privacy. No matter how many times you may have seen them getting dressed in the past. My GF knows I dress and I have a hard time with her walking in while I am getting ready. She did it on halloween and freaked me out a bit. I am hoping to overcome this at some point
    I hope you can overcome it at some point and my husband too. it's a shame that after 7 years it still freaks him out if I walk in on him changing. He has no issue whatsoever (that I can tell) being dressed enfemme in front of me, it's just the changing part. Glad to know it's not uncommon though. Kind of nice to know he's "normal"....whatever that is
    Define "normal"

I'll never forget when I was 9 my dad walking in on me wearing my sisters pantyhose, heels and swimsuit. It's kind of scaring. I still have this fear even when I know it's not possible. I don't mind dressing in front of my wife, as a matter of a fact she usually dose my hair and make up, but it still startles me when she just walks in unannounced while I'm dressing or in the tub shaving.

My own attitude is that I'd rather not be hiding anything, so I won't have anything to be found out about. The idea of hiding and pretending and worrying about awful consequences is just to anxiety-provoking. (I'd make a _terrible_ spy.)

I do "dress", but I dress with the expectation that I'll go out and be seen that way. If what I want to wear is something that I would be embarrassed to be seen in, I try to get to the point where either (a) I don't get embarrassed any more or (b) I don't want to wear it, anyway. I don't want to have to worry about being caught doing something I can't wholeheartedly defend, at least to myself.

I think it comes from having spent much of my life feeling that I would never be accepted unless I made myself (or successfully pretended to make myself) a different, more acceptable person. It almost killed me and now I take the attitude that I'll just try to be me and the people around me can like it or lump it. Maybe someone will kill me for it, but even if they do, I'm no worse off than if I'd kept trying to pretend. At least this way, I'll have had a few good years.

Just to be clear, I'm not criticizing those people who haven't made my choices. I realize other people are different and that they live in different circumstances.

Banned Read only
    I remember when my sister came home early with a friend and busted me in a leotard, heels, wig, and full makeup. At that moment I felt like an antelope in front of a lion. She only smiled and blew it off, threatening bodily injury to her friend if he ever said a word. My mom discovered my stash and expressed disappointment, but never told my dad. I wouldn't be here if she had. Hiding from my wife was the most stressful. When she did walk in on me, it was the worst feeling in the world. The fear of discovery by those you don't want to know never seems to fully go away, even now that I live alone.

Banned Read only
    VN, I've been dressing for a long time and my family still does not know, so at a level I share your fear. I hope I never have to face that fear, but if I do, I'll "cross that bridge" then. If you love what you are doing, CDing that is, no amount of fear is going to deter you. You will find a way to do it, no matter what. Maybe if you can adjust to that way of thinking it will ease the fear somewhat.

Still, don't let those around you prevent you from doing what feels right. You'll never be satisfied with sort of life.