Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My wife knows, Part 2

My wife knows, Part 2

Well, I took some time today to write a long letter to my wife, explaining everything to her in some detail. It is five pages long. I tried to be as up front with her as possible. I told her how this all began, and why I had kept it hidden from her. I told her that I loved her very much. And I told her I was sorry for having been anything less than completely honest with her.

I let her know that I was aware that she is not accepting of this, and that I know it is likely that she wants no part of it. I promised I would not force it on her or expect her to participate in any way in my transgendered activities. I told her that I don't blame her if she feels like I sold her a bill of goods when we first met, since I was not forthcoming to her about this.

But I also told her that while I promise to be honest and up front with her at all times, I also do not want to just brush this under the rug anymore. I told her that when she wants to talk, I will talk with her.

And again I told her that I love her.

She has not read it yet as of this posting. There are others living with us who are in and out, so I don't know when she will have the opportunity to read it, nor do I know when she will attempt to talk to me further about it.

Wish me luck.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Yes Marla, I wish for you the best outcome possible. I know it is not easy for you. My wife is not at all accepting. We talk for time to time, but have never really gotten everything out on the table. It is something we need to do and soon. She knew before we were married, but we both thought it would go away once we were married. Wrong!! Now the next move is up to her. Hopefully she will realize she is married to a careing person.

Platinum Member
    truly i do so wish you luck..... that accepting part is not always easy i know i am working on that with my wife now .. what i can tell you is when she feels like talking be there sometimes my wife will just come out and ask something ..sometimes the same question over and over ... rember this can be something that she needs to take in some before she can deal with it ... go easy .... best of luck....

Hi. Hun...I can only wish you the very best love...I really hope it all works out for you both.
    Love Nikki. x

Of course Marla

I will wish you luck but from the sound of the letter i feel you have done the right thing.

once again good luck

Louise

ps

I was like you hiding this from my wife, would love to tell her but can't see the moment ever coming

HI Marla,

I wish you all the best. What you did was so brave and definately very difficult. I hope she appreciates the courage and effort and takes time to consider everything before siting down and discussing it further.
    Julia

Hi Marla,

I hope this all works out for you - I am really pulling for you. You deserve for this to work out for you. At least all the proverbial cards are on the table, and I guess time will tell how they landed. I have to say that you are one of the most genuine and honest people I have come across on any forum.

Good luck

Janelle.

I'm sure you know this, but I am sending you nothing but good vibes and hope friend.

I hope everything woirks out for you. I am sure that this is a very dificult time for you. But rest assured, you belong to a very special group of people and I am sure taht you will get all the support you need here.

GOOD LUCK
    :gog:
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how hard it was when I came out to my wife. Its taken a couple of years but we are better now than before I told her. I hope the same for you and your wife.

Hello Marla, i really hope everything works out for you, i be thinking of you.
    Adrianne.

Marla I sit here wondering what I could say to help you through this and there isn't anything that I could say except that I know what you are going through I have been in your position myself so many thoughts going through your head and hers as well how it will all come out we can only hope for the best for you and your wife. May you find peace in knowing that you are loved by many and that you also are an inspiration to us all. From the posts that I have read you are a kind loving and caring person that only deserves the best may God hold you in his arms and gently ease your pain.
    Best of luck.

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

Marla,
    I know you are trying your best to help the situation, I think you did the right thing. All we can do is be totally honest with ourselves and our spouse. I know that for me, I even feel better just putting all out there on the line. I hope your situation improves and you and her can have some honest meaningful conversation about all this. Writing is powerful, and can help break the ice, but I hope you get to the point were you guys can talk about it.

Best of luck. PM if you want to chat.
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

May The Force be with you!

Well, what the heck, I wish you luck too and I respect you for doing what you did. Hope it all works out for the both of you. Who knows, in a week your wife might be posting to this forum.

Best wishes

Debbie

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Marla hope it works out for you two. If nothing else, just remember you've made a major effort on your end to work things out.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Hey girl you have my IM and direct email Let me know if you need anything Neighbor Let me know how it goes K?
    High Heels, are there any other type of shoe?

Wishing you the very best Marla. Sounds like you've done everything you can to set the mood for some understanding and constructive conversation.I sure hope she meets you halfway at least.

Good Luck,

Charlene

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    Marla -- my best wishes for you and your wife. You know that I think this a positive step on your part to keep the communications open and the topic on the table, rather than letting it slip under the rug again. You are doing the best you know how -- and that's wonderful.

Very best of luck to you, Marla.

Fiona

If you both have the truest love for eachother, it will be the best feeling any two people can have in the end. best wishes.

Yeah, well, I guess we're going to find out just how "true" that love really is. She hasn't read it yet, as of Sunday morning, but it's coming. Soon. I appreciate everyone's support and kind words. Let's hope the fireworks aren't too much to look at. I really put myself out there, and I'm pretty nervous and worried about it. I can only hope for the best.

I gave it my best shot. Now we'll see if it was all for the best. My fingers are crossed.

Marla, You gave it to her and aftre all this time she has not read it?? I wonder what she is thinking. Is she afraid of what it may say. Or do you think that she already knows what it says and is afraid to face it again.

My wife knows and is not real sure that she wants to face it just et. I am fine with that. When she is ready then we will face it together.

All my best wishes go to you, from the snowey Northeast

Raychel
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla
    Yeah, well, I guess we're going to find out just how "true" that love really is. She hasn't read it yet, as of Sunday morning, but it's coming. Soon. I appreciate everyone's support and kind words. Let's hope the fireworks aren't too much to look at. I really put myself out there, and I'm pretty nervous and worried about it. I can only hope for the best.

I gave it my best shot. Now we'll see if it was all for the best. My fingers are crossed.
    My fingers are crossed for you too Marla.

Hope it goes well.

Don't read anything into it, Raychel. I didn't hand it to her. I left it for her. She was at work all day yesterday, and went to bed without coming upon it. She will find it when she wakes up today. Gulp.

Good Luck Marla

All our best wishes go with you

We all want a happy outcome but I guess you know this may only be the begining

Take Care
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations